SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Years ago my passion was photographing sunsets here in Va.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
All of my close friends call me Jimbo and 1954 was the year I shot my first gun. I was 7 at the time and the gun was a bolt action in .22 short. I have no idea what make the rifle was.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
At the time I joined here I was riding a 1982 Harley Davidson FLH while working part time in a Harley dealership and full time in a GM dealership parts department.

In auto related forums I went by GMPARTSMAN.

As the 66-84 Harley engines were called Shovelheads and customers found out that I rode and knew the old bikes pretty good they would ask for the Shovelhead guy for old parts. Kind of stuck.

By 2003 I bought a 2002 FLH but kept my Shovelhead. Still have it, my painter swears he will have color on it this winter, hey, it's only been a year! Gotta get it back on the streets.

EDIT: My CUT came about around 2009 if memory is correct. Saturday afternoon I'm cutting the lawn and came in for a break. I signed onto the forum and Para offered a CUT to everyone who answered in the first two pages of responses. I tried to get in, found that my response fell to page three so I edited my post and added something like "figures, page late and a dollar short" instead of the usual adage "day late and a dollar short". And promptly forgot about the giveaways, this was back in the day that you had to do something real notable in this forum, either positive or negative to get a CUT.

Late that evening I got on the forum to respond to someone's post and was watching the thread a bit later when I scrolled past my post I saw the CUT.

Went back to my page 3 response, read further down and Para decided to give CUTs through page three. So there is that story.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shovelhead,

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
No, I'm not a huge Bee Gees fan...

This is a shortened form of my last name, and been used as my nickname from school through the Marines.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent the bulk of my career as a crimes against children detective.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
When my Grandfather was in North Africa during WWII, he picked up a snake ring from a peddler for a pack of smokes.
He eventually passed it down to my father, who then passed it down to me.
207 was the number of my house growing up, and a number that kinda kept showing frequently through life. Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
When I was learning to fly, the tower at our local airport called me that because of the way I sounded on the radio. It stuck with my instructor.

Whenever I called in the ATIS to ground freq, I would always get clearance followed by Marzy from that controller.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I have two expensive hobbies. Big Grin
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I felt wore out, like what I perceived an old war horse would. Little did I know then, just how wore out I would become later! Eek

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I was a produce buyer for many years and, Whitey, my #1 salesman at Tommy Thompson Produce on the Louisville Haymarket used doublesharp when he was bragging on his finest produce.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
In late 2009, we were victimized by a criminal in our house. All I had was a .22 pistol that I used to go room-to-room to ensure he had vacated the premises. It's the worst feeling in the world. Say no more.
Shortly thereafter, I asked a police chief friend of mine about what handguns he liked (I had been raised on guns, mostly hunting), and he suggested Sig and to join a forum about them to learn more.
A month or so later, I came here. On that day, I was choosing to be a victim no more as I began to learn about self defense, handguns, etc., all on this one forum.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a dog named Max. Hmm. Max The Dog! Also I had a dog named Bob Dylan. I didn’t use that. People might expect me to write something brilliant.

The “dog” moniker fits me better.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
When I first got on eBay I had been watching Pinocchio with my boys who were young at the time. If you don’t know, “Honest John” was a con artist fox who was an antagonist of Pinocchio. I thought it would be funny to use “Honestlou”, and I’ve used it since. So although I am an honest fellow, it has a sarcastic origin.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Apparently I have not much imagination.

I spent about a week trying to come up with a screen name and just couldn't create one.

Finally, I just settled on my location and first name.

Really, I don't have much imagination. I had 2 cats (both had to put down earlier this year) I named Big Kitty and the other Little Kitty.

Got another cat, he ended up named Boomer, I really don't know how that popped out of my brain. I often just call him StinkerButt, because he can be a little stinker at times.
He showed up one day in my yard and never left. After a week he moved inside with me. Vet said he was about 3 months old at the time. He's a total delight to have.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 72' H/O

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've used some variation of "Rogue" as various gaming handles and forum nicknames ever since I can remember.

IIRC, it started when I was in my early teens in the mid-1990s, because I was a fan of the Rogue Squadron book series.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Back when I signed up, I was 21, working as a computer tech, and my first and only handgun at the time was a 92FS. Still have the gun, and the username.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weight lifter and apprentice butcher during college and a bit after. Owner's dad used to call me the "The Young Bull" because I could unload/stack 100+ lb. meat boxes. I used TheYoungBull or TheBull as my online game handle for 1995-2010. By the time I joined here, I was not young, so picked TheBull. I tried "JimmyTheBull", but it raised too many questions and crazy speculation on other sites.

P229R - 9mm
Kahr PM9

Posts: 58 | Location: Pocono Mountains, PA | Registered: April 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
My 69 Mach isn't as crazy as I'd like. Maybe Santa will bring me that 428.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My 1st Sig.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post