SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How did you chose your Sig Forum handle ? Login/Join 
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Well it's the gun I wanted for when I turned 21 in '08. If I could redo, I'd go KingNothing4 like all my other online handles since something like '03. My CUT got that covered, though.

Still have my P226 from Steve @ SCP found here back in '07ish when I signed up. Later I slapped on some Hogue green/black piranha G10s and Xray sights, perfecto.

Edit: Must say, now having read the whole thread, how fun to see the reason for some of these names I've seen while being a lurker extraordinaire over the past 14 years. Some happy, some sad (namely VictimNoMore), and some mundane (like me) but all telling a piece of the who. I enjoy that kind of thing a bunch.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Where I live, you need "permission" to own a handgun.
There are several types of "permits" issued.
1. Premises. Example, say a Jewelry Store owner in the store.
2. Target Shooting / Hunting. No example needed.
3. Unrestricted. Basically, any/all legal purposes.

I had my target shooting and hunting since the mid 1980's.
Eventually the political winds changed in my County around 2009, and I acquired my Unrestricted.
I became interested in premium SIG service pistols and joined the Forum. My first SIG was a P226ST, 9mm, rail, no tail. I still have it. Purchased from Top Gun Supply.
Then a P220ST, rail, no tail. The second one was a mistake. The damn things have been breeding ever since. But that's another story.

I got formal self defense training and also became an NRA Instructor.

I wanted a micro compact pistol in my collection so I could never use the excuse to myself "It's too big, bulky, or heavy, etc." as a reason not to carry.
I did a lot of research and eventually purchased a Seecamp .32 directly from the Factory. I ordered it with a custom serial number for an upcharge, if I recall correctly, $35. Maybe $50, can't remember.
The serial number on my Seecamp is my initials and the caliber combined is one "string" of characters. (xxx32ACP)
That Seecamp will never be sold while I'm alive.

I went to Milford, CT and toured the Seecamp factory, the tour guide was Larry Seecamp.

I'm fortunate that I have a handgun collection with multiple choices. Self protection, hunting, target shooting, USPSA. All well covered.
I do carry other handguns for self protection besides the Seecamp. But for the times virtually everything else is too big, bulky, or heavy, I have my Seecamp.

I joined the Seecamp Forum and the username "Seecamp" was already in use. I settled for cee_Kamp. Simple.

After 10 years here at the SIG Forum as a Member, I asked Para for my 10 year CUT.
All the threads about SIG Classic pistols with aluminum frames wearing the anodizing/gouging the aluminum frame rails made me grimace. I don't own a single SIG with an aluminum frame. Mine are all stainless.
I can live with polymer frames, grip frames, handgun grips, shotgun stocks, rifle stocks. Aluminum? It's not in my playbook.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
It was the name assigned after I carried a red-hot kettle of lava across burning coals during a Tsunami in order to open the secret exit door to fetch Para a corned beef sammich on Rye. Actually, it was originally Slabsides10mmkillin'everything, but then Para looked and I'd accidentally brought him a Cuban sammy by mistake, so this is what I got after that... Eek

Okay, well that and maybe it's a play on the "Old Slabsides" moniker that GI's used to call the 1911. If appropriately outfitted in God's caliber, that is.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
First half was given to me , the second seemed like a perfect fit.
Making up names isn’t my thing,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
When I read this sentence from 911Boss retirement thread ...

quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Many thanks to all, you don't know how much it means to be recognized for my career by so many people who only know me as some guy online.

... I found this handle thread an opportunity to get to know each of us are more than "some guy (gal) online".

Really love hearing how each of us chose our handles.

* And note to 911Boss. I was a LEO for nearly four decades and grew up with my mom being a dispatcher for our sheriff's office during the 1960s and 70s. Thank you sir.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am left handed and had recently bought my first Sig - a Sig/Hammerli Trailside. It was and is the best and most accurate .22 LR pistol I own. It is also imminently shootable and just a lot of fun.

I regret that my handle implies any kind of "leftist" thinking. And my lack of creativity precluded anything more interesting...

I would change it, but after almost 17 years...?

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Years ago when I started on local forums I was using SmokeEater (was a Firefighter at the time) but that was over used. When I first joined I used MattQuigley22 as I was shooting IBS competition using 22-250. I didn't visit in a while and when I came back the board had changed and I couldn't login.

SO I went with an old stand by Rightwire. At the time that was created I was playing amateur tournament paintball. My position on the team was on the right wire (right boundary) also known as the Rightwire Man.

.... and know you know. The rest of the story.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I'm from Texas and my name is Bob.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Forty one years selling, delivering and repairing appliances.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Brother in arms.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Specter sounded cool and 1977 is when I joined the Marines.

I have utilized this username for many moons on numerous websites and forums.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nothing complicated. My old username was a dig against Bin Laden, then we killed him and dumped the fucker in the ocean, so in a celebratory sense I asked Para for a username change back then and he obliged, and in the moment I defaulted to a Tool music reference as I have enjoyed the band's music since their first release.

Fascinating, eh? Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was crazy about SIGs and thought it kind of sounded like Sigmund Freud. Have no idea why I thought that was fitting.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
For a decade I was an Adjunct College Professor. It still pisses me off I had to leave my CCW locked in a safe in my truck when I taught. The name is tongue in cheek. I couldn't/wouldn't actually be the armed prof but I always wanted to be.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I joined this forum while stationed In Germany, a couple years after having bought my first few Sigs there, and guess what? Okay, so I’m not creative or clever with screen names…

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Thought I would bump this up for others to see if they had not already and post how they chose their Sig Forum handle.

Another thought that would be interesting ... is the story behind those of you choosing your "cut".

Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
My first name is Mark. I live in Michigan.
I know that I patterned my forum name after a similar name from a member living in another state...but I've forgotten who.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 502 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark in Michigan:
My first name is Mark. I live in Michigan.
I know that I patterned my forum name after a similar name from a member living in another state...but I've forgotten who.

Could it be ... MikeinNC ?

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lefty Sig

I never associated your name with any leftist ideal, FWIW.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
My first deployment for my agency was in '03. After proper training, including the M-9 Beretta, I went. The Army, in their infinite wisdom, decided it wasn't safe/appropriate for them to issue me the M-9. However, on our first trip from Bagram to Kabul my FBI comrades felt I should go armed and after about 20 minutes of instruction issued me the M-11/P228. I fell in love with it and the rest has become history.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post