SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kennedy retiring
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kennedy retiring Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The freaking out by the Left over this whole thing is a real treat to watch unfold!

These people are for real!

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
These people are for real!
Oxygen stealing morons! Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6372 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Universe will collapse in upon itself and double Nazi baby killers will rule the Void.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
quote:
Maybe setting the Capitol on fire, or maybe some demonstrators, like Buddhist monks of half a century ago.

^^^^^This is an idea I could get behind..........

Every day a Democrat Congressman or Senator goes into the capitol parking lot in his/her bathrobe pours gasoline over her/his head and self-immolates while the rest of them gather around in a drum circle and sing: "We shall overcome" or "This is our land"....

They have little to lose. They believe in voting after death.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I went to college with Bill Pryor and I know he was on President Trump's short list the last time. I sincerely hope he gets another shot at the bench on the highest court in the land...he would be an EXCELLENT choice!

Good luck Bill!!

I would love to see Pryor on the Court.

His opinion in Zibtluda v Gwinnett County was a classic. Big Grin

"The 2001 Ordinance regulates comprehensively the operation of adult entertainment businesses in Gwinnett County. Establishments governed by the 2001 Ordinance include those where persons perform either fully or partially nude; where more than ten feet of floor space or five percent of net sales are derived from the sale of adult magazines, books, or movies; and adult movie theaters, minitheaters, video stores, arcades, hotels, and motels. 2001 Ordinance §86-71. The 2001 Ordinance, in other words, regulates commercial entertainment akin to the “Huggin’ and a kissin’, dancin’ and a lovin’, wearin’ next to nothing” that the B52s famously described as occurring in a “funky old shack.” The B-52s, Love Shack, on Cosmic Thing (Reprise Records 1989)."

Posts: 6578 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What country to these simple-minded guppies think they're living in? Asgardia? Freak me. Roll Eyes

Hence another reason why we have the Electoral College. Thank the Lord.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
The democrats are so sure they're right that they cannot handle truth/facts and have to jump on the blame-nazis-holocaust-starting-death-camps bus to delude themselves from the fact that they've been wrong all along; why is anyone surprised, leftism = absence of responsibility.

They would rather see millions killed in a continuation of the Korean War than admit that they are wrong and are morons.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Just stopped by MSNBC...they all look like somebody just took a big shit in their mashed potatoes

I watched Rachel Maddow for the first time last night. It was pretty disappointing because I was expecting a good rant, but she was incredibly dull and boring.

She opened with some long “expose” about political corruption in Alabama regarding the governor and the former AG turned U.S. Senator. I *think* she was trying to use it to draw some parallels to Trump, but I’m not sure.

I follow politics pretty closely, but after 10 minutes of listening to her pontificate, I still had no idea what point she was trying to make.

Watched enough of it (enjoyed seeing the meltdown) to get the gist of her rant. Basically, if things could be jacked In her words, all they need is one vote from one of the two women in the Senate and or Flake and they can STOP THE MADNESS.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Good luck Bill!!

I would love to see Pryor on the Court.

His opinion in Zibtluda v Gwinnett County was a classic. Big Grin

"The 2001 Ordinance regulates comprehensively the operation of adult entertainment businesses in Gwinnett County. Establishments governed by the 2001 Ordinance include those where persons perform either fully or partially nude; where more than ten feet of floor space or five percent of net sales are derived from the sale of adult magazines, books, or movies; and adult movie theaters, minitheaters, video stores, arcades, hotels, and motels. 2001 Ordinance §86-71. The 2001 Ordinance, in other words, regulates commercial entertainment akin to the “Huggin’ and a kissin’, dancin’ and a lovin’, wearin’ next to nothing” that the B52s famously described as occurring in a “funky old shack.” The B-52s, Love Shack, on Cosmic Thing (Reprise Records 1989)."[/QUOTE]

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
To be fair, if the states could ban abortion, Texas probably would. And a poor person in, say, Waco, would have a damn long drive to a state that allowed abortions, if they could even afford to take three to five days to do it. (Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas might ban them too - I don't know about New Mexico. The closest choice might be Colorado.) It might well be an effective ban. That is why they care so much.

Hmmm. Maybe they should start teaching/preaching personal responsibility again then...You see, getting pregnant is really a preventable occurrence. Several ways to prevent pregnancy in the first place, so why need to abort babies? I understand when the need arises out of medical necessity and rape, but generally, there aren't too many REAL reasons to do something like that.

I have no intention to argue about abortion as a substantive matter - I am merely recounting the argument. I believe it is a matter for the states though, and that the constitution has nothing to say about the matter whatever.

That means Texas would likely ban abortions and California won't. That is the way it goes in a country where the states retain most of the power.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is the way it goes in a country where the states retain most of the power.

That was the intent, anyway.

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Universe will collapse in upon itself and double Nazi baby killers will rule the Void.

Well at least they can thank their Lord, the spegetti monster it's not triple Nazi baby killers.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I don't get the left's fascination with Roe v. Wade. If it were overturned tomorrow, it would not make abortion illegal at all. Some states would be able to add restrictions, but it would take years, and that's after the years it would take for some challenge to Roe v. Wade to even make it to the SCOTUS. And then anyone in the restricted states could just hop over to the next state with loose abortion laws. I really don't see what the big deal is. Never mind the fact that the people who are most fanatical about it would be totally unaffected by it, even if it were banned at the national level, which it never will be.

Its one of the lefts sacred cows along with Republicans are going to take your social security, every election every court appointment they shout this and the Lame Stream media picks it up because it's controversial.

Thats all it is, nothing more...

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really don't see what the big deal is. Never mind the fact that the people who are most fanatical about it would be totally unaffected by it,...

The big deal is that people on both sides think it's a big deal...

WALSH: Things Are About To Get Very, Very Ugly
Supreme Court

As recently as yesterday morning, I said that I couldn't foresee America descending into a full-blown civil war. I may have to slightly amend that statement. The retirement of Justice Kennedy and the very real (though far from certain) possibility that Roe could be overturned changes the equation somewhat. I still can't imagine a civil war along the lines of the first one — two sides, complete with uniforms, meeting for organized combat on the battlefield — but I think that the chances of chaos in the streets and violent clashes across the country just rose considerably.

Abortion is the Left's high sacrament. It has built its entire movement upon this bloody altar. With abortion, it claims a godlike power over life and death. Leftists, through abortion, make life itself relative to their whims and desires. Life begins whenever the mother wants it to begin, the Left proclaims. And oh, what power! Who would claim such power and then give it up willingly? Especially when this power protects and fortifies your hassle-free, responsibility-free, consequence-free sex life. To give up abortion is to give up power, to give up convenience, to give up relativism, to give up your self-centered approach to sex and life in general. The Left will not go gently into that good night. They will rage, and rage, and rage, against the dying of the light.

What will their raging consist of? I don't know. I fear that it could be quite violent. History has shown that the oppressors will rarely retreat from their oppression peacefully. They would much rather kill and destroy to reestablish their superiority and the way of life that was made so much easier by that superiority. Will the same thing happen here? Perhaps.

Whatever happens, we must remember that the pro-life fight does not end with the overturning of Roe. Rather, it begins with the overturning of Roe. Everything up until that moment is preparation for what comes after it. Today, we fight against abortion with the understanding that we cannot actually end it. But when ending it becomes a real possibility, a feasible objective, then the fight is really on. And the butchers of children will go to any lengths in that fight. There is nothing they won't do. Lie. Cheat. Steal. Kill. They have done it all to preserve the "right" to abortion. They will kick it into overdrive when that "right" is finally and truly threatened.

And if that's how things goes, so be it. When it comes to ending this historic atrocity, there is no price too high to pay. History shows that the oppressors will do anything to hang onto power. And history also shows that the liberators, if they stand firm and unafraid, very often prevail.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...its-right-matt-walsh

-rduckwor

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I don't get the left's fascination with Roe v. Wade. If it were overturned tomorrow, it would not make abortion illegal at all. Some states would be able to add restrictions, but it would take years, and that's after the years it would take for some challenge to Roe v. Wade to even make it to the SCOTUS. And then anyone in the restricted states could just hop over to the next state with loose abortion laws. I really don't see what the big deal is. Never mind the fact that the people who are most fanatical about it would be totally unaffected by it, even if it were banned at the national level, which it never will be.

To be fair, if the states could ban abortion, Texas probably would. And a poor person in, say, Waco, would have a damn long drive to a state that allowed abortions, if they could even afford to take three to five days to do it. (Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas might ban them too - I don't know about New Mexico. The closest choice might be Colorado.) It might well be an effective ban. That is why they care so much.

Maybe poor people should stop sport fucking each other.
Why just poor people? I think the policy would be good for everyone.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
No opinion here, just clarifying.

Poor people should stop xxxxxxx, as a reply, was because the previous post stated that, it would be poor people predominantly effected by bans/restrictions.

But, I get your point. If abortion was harder to obtain, people would perhaps pay more attention to preventative measures. Maybe.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
If abortion was harder to obtain, people would perhaps pay more attention to preventative measures. Maybe.

I think you're giving people in general, but specifically the low information voters, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much credit here. JMHO...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
No opinion here, just clarifying.

Poor people should stop xxxxxxx, as a reply, was because the previous post stated that, it would be poor people predominantly effected by bans/restrictions.

But, I get your point. If abortion was harder to obtain, people would perhaps pay more attention to preventative measures. Maybe.

Correct. I only singled out poor people because poor people were used as an example of someone affected by possible legislation. But rich people should stop screwing if they don’t want kids too. I held out having sex until I knew I could afford to support a kid. It wasn’t easy but it isn’t impossible.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
From Dennis Miller:
I'm pretty sure Justice Ginsburg will still be going strong at the end of Trump's first term and probably even at the end of his second term. Maybe even at the end of Pence's first term. Not so sure about the end of Pence's second term/beginning of Ivanka's first term. Big Grin

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3488 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The last line of THIS PIECE (which collected from Twitter some of the lunatic rantings of liberals about the Kennedy resignation) is really a spot-on analsyis:

"Perhaps if the Left didn’t willingly give so much power over their day-to-day lives to the government they wouldn’t have to work themselves into an exhaustive frenzy every time the judiciary shifted"

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post