SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kennedy retiring
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kennedy retiring Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Not only did he refuse to get behind the Republican nominee, he also praised Elizabeth Warren during the election (does anyone remember?). In this respect, he is no different than Mia Love or Mitt Romney.

I did not remember this, but here it is.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...9385e4b09b4c43c03323

A few months ago, Mia expressed her feeling that "everything" was on the table with regard to our 2nd Amendment rights. It was helpful to learn her staunch support of gun rights could be so easily swayed by a few high school students 2,000 miles away.

Now that she is in a close race again, hopefully she will waffle on back to full support of the 2nd Amendment.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

The Judiciary (nationwide) has been the most reliable element of Leftist power in our country. All the Presidential power in the world, and solid legislation can be undone by a single jackass in a black robe. I imagine Kennedy’s retirement has unleashed the vision of a balanced judiciary and a real erosion of Leftist power. Frightening for them.

No way is the judiciary our biggest risk from the left. A lefty President with a majority in Congress is. The Supremes didn't give us Obamacare or the New Deal or the Great Society.

And of course, the real source of the problem are the "free shit" voters who elect them.

I don't underestimate the power of the courts, but they aren't the source of the problem.

I never called the judiciary “our biggest risk,” I called it “the most reliable element of Leftist power.” I stand by that

Posts: 13598 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
My pick is Judge Amy Coney Barrett, she's fairly young - 45?, very conservative and would give us about 35-40 years.

What is her view of the 2nd Amendment?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
It's comical people are worried about Roe with Roberts now being the swing vote. The guy upheld Obamacare because of his legacy, so it is pretty safe to say he wouldn't want Roe to be overturned.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
My pick is Judge Amy Coney Barrett, she's fairly young - 45?, very conservative and would give us about 35-40 years.

She has 7 kids!

She is the one Sen. Feinstein got after for the “dogma lives loudly,” referring to her enthusiastic Catholicism. That shouldn’t be a factor, not the least because most of the current justices are Catholic.

I suppose the weakest point is that she has less than a year in her current judgeship.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to an interview of John Lott discussing why less than brilliant judges slide through the confirmation process easier.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09...-down-supreme-court/

Posts: 7642 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For your Friday afternoon enjoyment. Liberal tears are the best.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKiD5Zd3FxU

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did he say 'gum control'?

Posts: 109164 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yes he did.They will have to pry the juicy fruit from my cold dead hands.

Posts: 13120 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yes he did.They will have to pry the juicy fruit from my cold dead hands.
Big Red here.

Come and take it!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

She has 7 kids!

She is the one Sen. Feinstein got after for the “dogma lives loudly,” referring to her enthusiastic Catholicism. That shouldn’t be a factor, not the least because most of the current justices are Catholic.

I suppose the weakest point is that she has less than a year in her current judgeship.

Seven kids! That’s VERY enthusiastic Catholicism!

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
"...all hope is dead, and nothing can bring it back"

Hell, that's how I felt when BHO was reelected, for a hot minute at least. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Here's a link to an interview of John Lott discussing why less than brilliant judges slide through the confirmation process easier.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09...-down-supreme-court/

I doubt the product of the Supreme Court would be noticeably improved if all 9 were Harvard “summa cum laude” grads.

As it is, all now are either Harvard Law or Yale Law, although Ginsburg attended Yale but transferred and graduated from Columbia Law. Three are Jewish, 5 are Catholic, although Gorsuch attends Anglican/Episcopalian services.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Did I ever tell ya how much I dislike that smarmy gob of spit, Colbert?

A lot

Posts: 13598 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

A lot

You and me both, brother.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

A lot

You and me both, brother.

This could be it's own thread and I suspect would get very long! The guy is a dick.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3796 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Supremes didn't give us Obamacare ...

Say again?

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Say again?

Congress and the President pitch and hit. The Court is only to call balls and strikes.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Say again?
Well, factually, it's true, but I fail to see the point.

Posts: 109164 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post