SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kennedy retiring
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kennedy retiring Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Shannon Bream is reading a letter from Justice Kennedy, retiring 7/31.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Great. I'm glad he wants a republican president to replace him.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
This is very good news.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now, poor old Ruth Ginsberg is gonna have to stop by her mortician's office and get fresh shot of embalming fluid so that her corpse will remain fresh through the rest of this session.

'cause she was appointed to the highest court in the US to show that MEAN OLD TRUMP a thing or two.

Right, you fucking crone?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think President DJT is correct - we’re winning so much thst I just want to say, please, stop, I can’t take it anymore!

Posts: 5235 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Gorsuch in there please!

Posts: 1811 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

True, but I was hoping it would be Ginsburg, first.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9380 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
This is TOO MUCH WINNING!!!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
True, but I was hoping it would be Ginsburg, first.
I don't want her to retire. I want her to fucking die during a hearing.

BANG!! The sound of her empty fucking head hitting the desk.

The other day, a member said that this hag was "only" 85! ONLY 85!! Good grief. That's ANCIENT.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
A vacancy of Ginsburg's seat would be the best situation, but I'll definitely take the chance to swap Kennedy for another Gorsuch. It's still a major win for the Constitution.

Now let's hope McConnell can get Trump's nominee through in a hurry. If the GOP loses the senate in the midterms, the chances of getting a decent replacement are nil.

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't want her to retire. I want her to fucking die during a hearing.

Recent group photos of the SCOTUS give the appearance of her passing some months ago and merely waiting for the funeral.

It reminds me of the famous photos of FDR at Yalta.

I suppose that as long as her clerks guide her hand through the signatures the rest of the court will continue with the fiction that she is contributing.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now let's hope McConnell can get Trump's nominee through in a hurry. If the GOP loses the senate in the midterms, the chances of getting a decent replacement are nil.

Let us all agree to work together to make certain that this does not happen!!

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Trump will get his opportunity to replace the old hag too for more WINNING! Just a matter of time. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Smile

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest list of potential nominees I could find.

quote:
Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Keith Blackwell of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Charles Canady of Florida, Supreme Court of Florida

Steven Colloton of Iowa, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Allison Eid of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Britt Grant of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Raymond Gruender of Missouri, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit

Brett Kavanaugh of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Joan Larsen of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Mike Lee of Utah, United States Senator

Thomas Lee of Utah, Supreme Court of Utah

Edward Mansfield of Iowa, Supreme Court of Iowa

Federico Moreno of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida

Kevin Newsom of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

William Pryor of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

Margaret Ryan of Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

David Stras of Minnesota, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Diane Sykes of Wisconsin, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Amul Thapar of Kentucky, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Timothy Tymkovich of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Robert Young of Michigan, Supreme Court of Michigan (Ret.)

Don Willett of Texas, Supreme Court of Texas

Patrick Wyrick of Oklahoma, Supreme Court of Oklahoma

Judge Willett has been confirmed to the 5th Circuit. There may be others already moved.

Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
ONLY 85!! Good grief. That's ANCIENT.
Three and a half years (if I make it), and I'll be 85.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
SCOTUS rules for the travel ban. SCOTUS rules against the unions. Kennedy announces retirement. Sheeit.Smile Think I'll have me a single malt,or two, or three, while taking in the news feeds this evening. MAGA..

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Shannon Bream is reading a letter from Justice Kennedy, retiring 7/31.

Smart man, getting out while Trump can replace him.
This will give the communist Left fits, that Trump will replace his 2nd SC justice.

If Trump gets a chance to replace RBG, the communist Left will lose their minds.
Absolutely come unhinged.

Posts: 1796 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
ONLY 85!! Good grief. That's ANCIENT.
Three and a half years (if I make it), and I'll be 85.

Just several weeks ago I went on a white water rafting trip with a 92 year-old retired doctor. She was awesome!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Judge Napolitano revealed a conversation he had with Scalia before he died that Kennedy had said that he would retire when there was a Republican President and a Republican majority. I appreciate that he is retiring now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post