SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kennedy retiring
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kennedy retiring Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
We'll likely all be blindsided when Breyer croaks before Ginsburg. The guy is 79 years old after all. Breyer or Ginsburg though...makes no difference.

I can only imagine how bad it would be for the left if Ginsburg goes tits up during President Trump's term...either this term or his next one...
We should be on our knees saying prayers of thanksgiving that Democrats didn't steal the office with their lies and under handiness (aided by their allies in the MSM...who are in a panic right now Big Grin)...
I'm so (not) tired of winning!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I think it was Pukeloski that just came on the news and said that the nomination should be held up until after the midterms so that the political field that reflects todays voters is properly represented LOL

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I think it was Pukeloski that just came on the news and said that the nomination should be held up until after the midterms so that the political field that reflects todays voters is properly represented LOL

It was Schumer.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

It was Schumer.

Then Choomer has tits and long hair... LOL

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I cant wait to hear Al Frankin sound like an idiot during the confirmation hearing..... oh wait...no, hes not gonna be there is he. Big Grin

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3488 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I want her to fucking die during a hearing.

BANG!! The sound of her empty fucking head hitting the desk.

Warn a fella next time huh? I just about pissed myself I was laughing so hard.

Me too and I'm at the office. Everyone's staring.

Same here. I blew icetea all over the keyboard.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
There are two people who are primarily responsible for drawing up the lists of judicial candidates for President Trump: Leonard Leo of the Federalist Society, and WH Counsel Don McGann. The list that included Gorsuch prior to the election was rock-solid, and every judicial nominee since has also been solid originalists.
I have no worries whatsoever about the choice. There will be no Souter—and no Kennedy. Even, I would say, no John Roberts.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
ONLY 85!! Good grief. That's ANCIENT.
Three and a half years (if I make it), and I'll be 85.
But you are not sitting on the SC my friend!
Not yet. I'm not sure whether I'll be on the list of finalists for Justice Kennedy's replacement.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31449 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
BBC News, after the announcement:

“… If Hillary Clinton had prevailed in 2016, Democrats would be contemplating a 6-3 liberal Supreme Court majority and an opportunity to reshape the legal landscape for a generation…”

www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-44634176

But Trump won, thank the Lord.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9472 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
...continuing to serve in a senior status, as provided in 28 U.S.C 371 (b)...

JALLEN, could you explain what "senior status" means?

It means he still is a judge with full pay and benefits. He just has a drastically reduced case load. Of note, he will only serve on a lower federal court. Sandra Day O’Connor was serving as a senior judge after she retired from the USSC. It’s not a bad gig, you’re basically retired make $200k plus a year with full benefits.

Posts: 12583 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
A lawyer's FB group I belong to is about evenly split on this, but it sure is fun to see the leftists going nuts. And they are - there are Chicken Littles and doomsayers decrying the end of civilization.

They should know, they are dragging it closer to the abyss every time one wakes up out of jail.

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
BBC News, after the announcement:

“… If Hillary Clinton had prevailed in 2016, Democrats would be contemplating a 6-3 liberal Supreme Court majority and an opportunity to reshape the legal landscape for a generation…”

www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-44634176

But Trump won, thank the Lord.

Yearning for what might have been.

Q

Posts: 27613 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yikes, these leftists are going to be really surprised in 2021 Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Yikes, these leftists are going to be really surprised in 2021 Roll Eyes

Do these guys, gals, xses, and other questionables really want gun-play in the mall? Do they still think they can steal an election and half and more of the country says, hey, cool, McRibs are back? Do they?

MAGA!

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
From HotAir:

"We’ve spent the past week discussing whether or not personal confrontations of public figures is appropriate in restaurants. The Democratic leadership was nominally against it while a substantial portion of the base was cheering it on.

Now the base is on fire with a new threat. The party is going to have to forget about name-checking civility if they want to avoid getting burned. And let’s face it, there are no norms the left won’t incinerate to protect Roe v. Wade. Planned Parenthood will be urging them on with everything it has. And that strikes me as enough kindling to make this a potentially dangerous moment for America. I think this could get very ugly, very fast. Harsh words in public may be the least of it this time. This has the potential to be explosive."

Link

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
How did Roe vs Wade become the cornerstone of Liberal ideology? Honestly, I dont get it. Of all the things going on, abortion is A number 1 to them?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3488 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure we are done hearing about immigration for the summer.

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
There are two people who are primarily responsible for drawing up the lists of judicial candidates for President Trump: Leonard Leo of the Federalist Society, and WH Counsel Don McGann. The list that included Gorsuch prior to the election was rock-solid, and every judicial nominee since has also been solid originalists.
I have no worries whatsoever about the choice. There will be no Souter—and no Kennedy. Even, I would say, no John Roberts.

I hope you are right my friend...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
CNN and the Dems are shitting in their pants over this with fear ..... rightfully so. Smile

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post