SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Tonight I am going to grill a well seasoned country style pork rib wrapped in a Hatch green chili. Add in a baked potato finished on the grill, and cream spinach with Balsamic vinegar, S&P. White Pita bread and Key Lime pie for dessert.

Pics or it didn’t happen! Big Grin Sounds freaking awesome! Tonight will be boring for me. I am just making baked steelhead trout with green beans.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pot roast 4 1/2lb.. I made pot roast that I gotten from a local farm, grass-fed beef. Along with small potatoes and carrots, celery, and onion.

I let the meat come to room temperature, rubbed down with, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, Greek seasoning, chili powder (homemade with several dried hot chilis), sage, and rosemary.

Browned meat in instapot, and after browed removed the meat and deglazed pan with one (1) cup of red wine (Smith-Berry American half & half semisweet red wine)

To that a mixture of soy sauce, wistershire, tomato paste, a splash of red wine and apple cider vinegar, and fish sauce (I know, I know, but it works), and three (3) cups of beef broth, I used Kroger low fat organic because it was on sale.

Add the meat back, then the vegetables and go for it 48 minutes, with it doing a natural release.

After, I removed the meat and vegetables, turned on sauté and reduced liquid, and add 2 tablespoon of corn starch to thicken the liquid more, for a thin gravy.

Served with the Smith-Berry American half & half. Turned out very tender, juicy, and flavorful.

Enough for several dinners/lunches.

ARman

Posts: 3141 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Tourtiere. I was in a French-Canadian mood this afternoon.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Barramundi sea bass and air fryer baked Russet potato (butter, sour cream, and chives). Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I usually make pot roast in the crock pot.
It always cooks too fast and comes out a little tough, even cooking it on low.
Even if I brown the roast before putting in the crock pot, it just comes out OK.

Today I was googling pot roast recipes and found this one.
I have a Le Creuset Dutch oven tucked away in the cabinet that I rarely use.
Dug it out today and made this:

Perfect Pot Roast Recipe - Ree Drummond |

I used 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 butter to sauté.
Threw in baby carrots, small potatoes, sautéing both as instructed.
I used a mixture of red wine and beef broth to deglaze the pot.
Added in a little salt and pepper, a few extra spices, you know the usual stuff, and about 5 Pepperoncinis with a splash of juice.
This roast was a bit on the smaller size, it's just the wife and I.

Baked at 275 for about 2 hours, let it rest on the unheated stove about 10 minutes, and severed it with a warm garlic butter parmesan sourdough baguette.
It fell apart with a fork.

I think the light sauté of the veggies really helped the dish.

Wife stated it was the best pot roast I ever made, in 15 years of cooking for us.
No more crock pot pot roast.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Tonight was Rosemary and Cilantro marinated porkchops with a bag of steamed broccoli and cheese. Making the most use of our one burner.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6238 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Tourtiere. I was in a French-Canadian mood this afternoon.

Recipe Please... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8772 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Recipe Please... Razz

I used Chef John's recipe, with a few tweaks. I left out the celery and changed the spices up a bit.

https://www.allrecipes.com/rec...h-canadian-meat-pie/

It was really good, and the leftovers were even better. Not unlike a pasty in pie form instead.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, these are actually very good. Had for dinner last night.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Where did you find that? I cannot find it in any of our local supermarkets.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30534 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

[IMG][/IMG]

Food Lion.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Well, I know what I'm doing tomorrow. I'm building some of them homemade style. Dang that looks good.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Food Lion.
Food Lion website does not show any within fifty miles. I don't even see one anywhere in the state. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30534 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Well, I know what I'm doing tomorrow. I'm building some of them homemade style. Dang that looks good.

I'm sure homemade will be awesome, if I ever have leftovers biscuit and gravy I might have to try it, but I'd used Pillsbury pie crust because I'm lazy.

Don't forget the over easy egg on top if you're into that, that's probably what made it taste good.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
quote:

I have never seen this for sale in my part of the Country. It looks like something that I would definitely want to try.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Creamy turkey and wild rice soup.
Instead of crackers, some homemade whole wheat croutons in the oven.

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Well, here's my version:

First, something many of you probably already know but that I just discovered is that a potato masher really crumbles up your meat well. Nice little pieces.

Then, I mixed six scrambled eggs in with the little thicker than normal gravy and put them into those little mini foil pie pans.

Baked at 375 for about 45 minutes.

And yum. One batch of gravy made five extras that are now in the freezer for easy breakfasts.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hell yeah, that's awesome!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So two days after Thanksgiving and now Turkey Pizza!

Dough from scratch.
Sauce - Stubbs BBQ Sauce/Pasta Sauce 2:1
Toppings : Smoked Turkey Breast (BGE)
Sautéed white onions/mushrooms
Uncooked Red onions (before the cook)
Smoked Gouda Cheese
Buffalo Mozzarella
Cilantro and Red Onions (topped after the cook)

Posts: 22844 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Wagyu beef New York Steaks, baked potato with everything and artichoke.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post