SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A nice pot of black bean chili. Big Grin
Sorry tatortodd, I like some beans in mine. LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16177 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
With or without beans chili is good. I won't discriminate against either.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20795 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

That's where I stand on the matter as well. I really like the Texas Red at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ZERO problem eating chili with or without beans.....I love the stuff!!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Sometimes you feel like a bean, sometimes you don't.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30629 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20795 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Ah heck... another shot but plated with some grated extra sharp white cheddar. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16177 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Shugart, and Chef John, I made the creamy bay scallop spaghetti tonight with bucatini pasta. It definitely did not suck. And, there's enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

Posts: 20054 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
No not dinner but breakfast.

I must confess to never having had avocado toast before. But with some great fresh Italian seasoned focaccia on hand I decided WTH. Big Grin

Half a ripe avocado, EVOO, lemon juice, lemon zest, pinch of cumin, fresh ground tellicherry black pepper, and fleur de sel finishing salt did the trick spread on the lightly toasted focaccia.

Couple of hard boiled eggs and black Kauai Estate peaberry coffee rounded out things. Nice!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Your chili looks great! I prefer with beans but without is also OK. My mom made wonderful chili but I don't cook.

Today I broiled (in the oven) 3 hot dogs for lunch. Toasted buns and yellow Mustard. Washed down with a V-8.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Your chili looks great! I prefer with beans but without is also OK. My mom made wonderful chili but I don't cook.

It had black beans in it but only one can and could have handled two. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Last night, i made spaghetti carbonara with Nueske's black pepper coated bacon and lots of garlic, served with a pinot noir and some scrummy French cheese bread for my beautiful wife...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ersatzknarf,

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning, I started a big pot of chili. I am trying a new(to me) chili seasoning mix from Tony Chachere in southern Louisiana. I had found out about it and ordered it directly from Tony C., as nobody local carried the product. I plan to let it simmer, covered, all day until supper time and give it a try.

I have used other Tony C. products and really like them. I love Cajun/creole food from when I used to spend a lot of time in NOLA. Tony C. gumbo base is one product that I have used for years. I then add the things to it that I enjoy.....usually shrimp, crabmeat, clams, and hot Italian sausage.

I know my kitchen smells good, and I hope the taste matches.

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Last night, i made spaghetti carbonara with Nueske's black pepper coated bacon and lots of garlic, served with a pinot noir and some scrummy French cheese bread for my beautiful wife...

Yum!!!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12710 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Shrimp and grits

Cooked in 50/50 water/whole milk, with shredded cheddar cheese and butter incorporated toward the end of cooking. Bacon, mushrooms, red onions, spinach, a splash of white wine, and shrimp, of course.

Damn tasty!!

An absolute favorite dish of mine, every time I see it on a menu I order it. It's almost always out of site good. Sadly my wife is allergic to shellfish so we don't make it at home.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Today's breakfast.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I guess I need to learn to take pictures of my food. Last night a cooked a nice top round roast. I found a sale the day before, and had one cut for me. Came out nicely rare. Did a nice rub of herbs and minced garlic.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Short rib stew for another cold night in Texas

Posts: 3590 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looks good! How do you manage the fat from the short ribs?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The stew ^^^ looks great! Salmon on the grill tonight

Posts: 13220 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post