SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Looks good! How do you manage the fat from the short ribs?

I really should ladle it off, or wait until after a night in the fridge. But, we just dove in. Really like beef short ribs.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Fish chowder.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Grilled marinated flat iron steak, caramelized sweet onions, sautéed yellow squash, focaccia bread.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Potato and ham soup.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sous vide jumbo shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce and a salad with 48 month aged (damn it's good) Parm Reg and shallot vinaigrette.

Tasty and simple. Didn't feel much like cooking this evening and half the stove is taken up by my pressure cooker canning up chicken bone broth that I made yesterday.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Last night, i made spaghetti carbonara with Nueske's black pepper coated bacon and lots of garlic, served with a pinot noir and some scrummy French cheese bread for my beautiful wife...

I passed Nueske a couple times a week for several years. I became the deer camp hook up for all things smoked.
Everything is too danged good. That Sketty looks excellent.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Senate Bean Soup

{Edited to remove political reference.}

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jim Shugart,

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bacon cheeseburgers for me last night.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baked Catfish .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Homemade brats (precooked...obviously). Ate 'em up too fast to take a pic post-cook.

Made a mess of breakfast sausage and brats today. I had a bumper crop of jalapenos last summer and freeze-dried a bunch of them. I wasn't really sure what I'd do with them, but it was better than tossing them out. I figured I'd mix some in with my brat recipe and wow! I love my brats, but with the jalapenos it just kicks them right over the edge.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Looks good! How do you manage the fat from the short ribs?

I really should ladle it off, or wait until after a night in the fridge. But, we just dove in. Really like beef short ribs.

That's my biggest problem with them, too heavy for me. I have to remove fat or really limit how much I eat, which is extremely to do.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Breakfast for dinner. Big Grin
Poached eggs and bacon.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You can never go wrong with bacon or breakfast for dinner. Love the corning wear appearance in the pic too! I'd love to find some old corning wear one day.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have no idea why, but I didn’t even think of taking a picture of tonight’s dinner. I made bacon wrapped tenderloin steak with asparagus. It was great! Grilled on the BGE at 700 degrees.

My grocery store was selling the bacon wrapped tenderloin at $31.99 a pound and a regular tenderloin at $39.99 per pound. Both were prime and they didn’t know why the price difference.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken & Dumplings...

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Staying with the comfort foods I did inside out chicken pot pie. Grilled some chicken drumsticks the other night and had some left. I shredded them and turned them into chicken pot pie. Had some pastry puffs in the freezer so they served as the pie crust part of it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Chicken & Dumplings...

Man, I haven’t made that in a LONG time. I love it but my wife isn’t a fan so boooo!

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Staying with the comfort foods I did inside out chicken pot pie. Grilled some chicken drumsticks the other night and had some left. I shredded them and turned them into chicken pot pie. Had some pastry puffs in the freezer so they served as the pie crust part of it.

Looks yummy!

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Tonight was Shakshouka. It's a quick and easy North African dish consisting of eggs poached in spiced tomato sauce with onion and bell pepper.

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 28-ounce can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes
6 large eggs
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Fresh chopped cilantro
Fresh chopped parsley
Crumbled feta cheese
Flatbread

(Note that when it's just me, I usually halve the tomatoes and eggs in the recipe and use a small onion and small bell pepper. But I still use the normal amount of spices, even when making a half recipe.)

1) Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.

2) Add garlic and spices and cook an additional minute.

3) Pour the can of tomatoes and juice into the pan and break down the tomatoes using a large spoon. Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.

4) Use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well.

5) Cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.

6) Garnish with chopped cilantro and parsley. Top with crumbled feta. Serve with flatbread (traditionally pita, though I often use naan).

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That looks outstanding! Will be trying it soon!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis