What did you make for dinner?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7860051864

January 11, 2022, 01:37 PM
bald1
What did you make for dinner?
A nice pot of black bean chili. Big Grin
Sorry tatortodd, I like some beans in mine. LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 11, 2022, 02:07 PM
Skins2881
With or without beans chili is good. I won't discriminate against either.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
January 11, 2022, 02:25 PM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

That's where I stand on the matter as well. I really like the Texas Red at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
January 11, 2022, 02:38 PM
GT-40DOC
I have ZERO problem eating chili with or without beans.....I love the stuff!!
January 11, 2022, 02:52 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Sometimes you feel like a bean, sometimes you don't.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
January 11, 2022, 02:55 PM
Skins2881
Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
January 11, 2022, 03:01 PM
bald1
Ah heck... another shot but plated with some grated extra sharp white cheddar. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 14, 2022, 08:14 PM
Gustofer
Thanks to Shugart, and Chef John, I made the creamy bay scallop spaghetti tonight with bucatini pasta. It definitely did not suck. And, there's enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

January 24, 2022, 12:45 PM
bald1
No not dinner but breakfast.

I must confess to never having had avocado toast before. But with some great fresh Italian seasoned focaccia on hand I decided WTH. Big Grin

Half a ripe avocado, EVOO, lemon juice, lemon zest, pinch of cumin, fresh ground tellicherry black pepper, and fleur de sel finishing salt did the trick spread on the lightly toasted focaccia.

Couple of hard boiled eggs and black Kauai Estate peaberry coffee rounded out things. Nice!

USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 24, 2022, 03:21 PM
flashguy
Your chili looks great! I prefer with beans but without is also OK. My mom made wonderful chili but I don't cook.

Today I broiled (in the oven) 3 hot dogs for lunch. Toasted buns and yellow Mustard. Washed down with a V-8.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 24, 2022, 05:00 PM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Your chili looks great! I prefer with beans but without is also OK. My mom made wonderful chili but I don't cook.

It had black beans in it but only one can and could have handled two. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 25, 2022, 09:49 AM
ersatzknarf
Last night, i made spaghetti carbonara with Nueske's black pepper coated bacon and lots of garlic, served with a pinot noir and some scrummy French cheese bread for my beautiful wife...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ersatzknarf,

January 29, 2022, 04:13 PM
GT-40DOC
This morning, I started a big pot of chili. I am trying a new(to me) chili seasoning mix from Tony Chachere in southern Louisiana. I had found out about it and ordered it directly from Tony C., as nobody local carried the product. I plan to let it simmer, covered, all day until supper time and give it a try.

I have used other Tony C. products and really like them. I love Cajun/creole food from when I used to spend a lot of time in NOLA. Tony C. gumbo base is one product that I have used for years. I then add the things to it that I enjoy.....usually shrimp, crabmeat, clams, and hot Italian sausage.

I know my kitchen smells good, and I hope the taste matches.
January 29, 2022, 04:30 PM
konata88
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Last night, i made spaghetti carbonara with Nueske's black pepper coated bacon and lots of garlic, served with a pinot noir and some scrummy French cheese bread for my beautiful wife...

Yum!!!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
January 30, 2022, 11:16 AM
sig229-SAS
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Shrimp and grits

Cooked in 50/50 water/whole milk, with shredded cheddar cheese and butter incorporated toward the end of cooking. Bacon, mushrooms, red onions, spinach, a splash of white wine, and shrimp, of course.

Damn tasty!!

An absolute favorite dish of mine, every time I see it on a menu I order it. It's almost always out of site good. Sadly my wife is allergic to shellfish so we don't make it at home.
January 30, 2022, 12:33 PM
Skins2881
Today's breakfast.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
January 30, 2022, 01:55 PM
BBMW
I guess I need to learn to take pictures of my food. Last night a cooked a nice top round roast. I found a sale the day before, and had one cut for me. Came out nicely rare. Did a nice rub of herbs and minced garlic.
February 04, 2022, 06:57 PM
MRBTX
Short rib stew for another cold night in Texas

February 04, 2022, 07:01 PM
Skins2881
Looks good! How do you manage the fat from the short ribs?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
February 04, 2022, 07:01 PM
TMats
The stew ^^^ looks great! Salmon on the grill tonight