SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I don't really cook bald1, but my wife does. I showed her that recipe, and she promised to make it soon. She said it sounds fantastic to her as well!

Indeed it does especially that unique twist on Hunter mushroom gravy (Jägersoße) using ground dried porcini mushrooms for enhanced umami which I've never tried before.

And for those who ask about different uses of the Autumn Blend lentils from beancooker at Mount Hope Wholesale, this morning it was rice and lentils accompanying eggs and venison sausage. Great stuff! Big Grin
https://www.mounthopewholesale...autumn-lentil-blend/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16191 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Chicken enchiladas.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A completely sigforum inspired meal!

Thanks to those who have posted about these items in the last few pages! (lastmanstanding, 4x5, Pipe Smoker, et al)

Jägerschnitzel (pork Schnitzel with Jägersoße Mushroom Gravy)
Gurkensalat (German dill cucumber salad)
Parsnips (grilled in butter and garlic)

Lots of pictures. Big Grin

I drained the sliced cucumbers several times over 90 minutes. Pictured here with the dill dressing in the side bowl.

Cooking off the liquid from the mushrooms in the onion-garlic mix before adding beef stock and seasoning to complete the "Hunter" Jägersoße mushroom gravy. I used large white along with baby bella mushrooms. Had wanted to augment the white with a mix of shiitaki, baby bella, and oyster but the store was out of stock of all but the bella.

Set up to dredge the boneless center cut loin chops in flour, followed by egg wash and bread crumbs. Pan fried them in avocado oil at 330°F.

Plating the Jägerschnitzel

Jägerschnitzel, mashed potatoes (I opted for them rather than egg noodles... no spätzle on hand, parsnips, and Gurkensalat! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16191 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow! I’d pay to eat that.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Tacos and kale.

The pico de gallo made and round steal marinade on, to the fridge for a few hours.

Now for the kale, first sizzle garlic and red pepper flakes with slices of a red pepper. Then the kale, cover to steam, finally drizzle with balsamic vinegar.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
bald1 ... thank you for the email heads up so I could see your dinner on the computer instead of the phone.

Dang, and I would drive 1,200 miles to eat your dinner !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Wow! I’d pay to eat that.

quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
Dang, and I would drive 1,200 miles to eat your dinner !

Thanks guys, it was a lot more work than I expected but the result was well worth it.

As an aside I didn't add any cream (an option) to the Jägersoße which is why it is a darker color than that pictured by 4x5 with his.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

And ridewv, thanks for showing prep pictures of your tacos and kale as well as your veggie stir fry. I think it adds a lot to meal posts beyond the final product. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
we are watching our carb's and we really miss pizza, so My wife found a Recipe for a pizza using Cheese for the Vessel
We have had it twice now.
Bacon, Italian Sausage, Ground beef, Banna peppers and onions.

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
Recipe for a pizza using Cheese for the Vessel

Sounds great... Recipe?

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Air Fryers have changed the landscape. Heated up leftover schnitzel keeping the breading nice and crisp. Love it!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Sweet n Sour Pork

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Flat iron with chimichurri.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Your cook looks great bald1! Everytime I make schnitzel I always wonder why the hell I don't have it more often especially with the hunters gravy. I seen frozen schnitzel in Aldi's the other day you could either get chicken or pork. I thought about grabbing one and seeing how I liked it but I passed.

I've been surprised with the quality of some of Aldi's offerings. Maybe next time through I will grab some.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I can't take credit for it - my wife made it all:

Fried dough from with her grandmother's recipe, topped with tomato sauce with spicy Italian sausage and mushrooms, sprinkled with a generous amount of grated parmesan cheese.

A once or twice a year heavenly treat.

She also fries cruller-shaped ones and applies a cinnamon/sugar mix to it.
Those are also excellent.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Shrimp Fra Diavolo.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Rubens with home made Russian dressing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
bald1 mentioned air fryers. I had a larger 6qt. one awhile ago and just couldn't get along with it. Got rid of it and sometime later bought a smaller 2 qt. just for the wife and I and same thing it's just hard to get along with for me. I couldn't even get frozen fries to come out consistently in the same batch. Some would be burnt on the ends and others not quite done.

Same with a Instapot (which there is nothing instant about it) I didn't see the advantage of it. Most meat that needed to be browned you had to do in several batches because the bottom of the pot didn't allow much room. Then it would take 10 minutes to get up to pressure before you could start the countdown on the cooking time.

I guess I'm just a little too old school. My cast iron pans and I get along very well and have for years, shame on me for trying all that new technology electronic push a button stuff! Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I had a larger 6qt. one awhile ago and just couldn't get along with it. Got rid of it and sometime later bought a smaller 2 qt. just for the wife and I and same thing it's just hard to get along with for me.

Sorry to hear that.
Just the opposite here. Started with a 3.7qt unit but upgraded to a 6.8qt number (both Cosori).
Follow recommended guidelines for pre-heating, shaking/turning, oil, etc. and have uniformly excellent results.

Edited To Add:
Here was lunch... nothing special. Couple chicken thighs. Light avocado oil spray and seasoning. Crisp skin and moist tender meat. Can't beat the air fryer results!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm late to the party hereBig Grin I made T-bones, fries, and asparagus for my wife's birthday yesterday. It raining pretty hard here too.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Those fries look heavenly.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
That looks like a great birthday dinner to me!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post