Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Shall Not Be Infringed |
Pretty sure that's gonna require either legislative action by Congress, or a decision by the Supreme Court. ATF Director Cekeda has previously stated that the point of the guidance is to cover as many people as the injunction allows, and to lock that protection in so a later administration cannot casually walk it back. He also said ATF is NOT going to turn the Texas order into a nationwide, everyone-everywhere rule on its own. The Legislature fucked us over on this by only reducing the tax to $0 instead of removing suppressors & SBRs from the NFA! It was in the Big Beautiful Bill before they amended it! ____________________________________________________________ If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die! | |||
|
| Husband, Father, Aggie, all around good guy! |
So in the North Houston area, I am seeing/hearing more and more gun shops selling suppressors via 4473. The momentum is building, with sufficient velocity it becomes harder for a future administration to roll back. Supply of suppressors appears to be a key limiting factor to even larger growth. My next thought, and what I am hoping to see soon is the same for SBR's which also have the Zero'd tax benefit. Hoping the promised ATF guidance addresses this point adequately. If you boil it down, if hearing safety equipment can be sold via 4473, then a barrel shorter than an arbitrarily set barrel length of 16-inches should be as well. | |||
|
| Member |
I was at Academy Sports Tuesday evening picking up a G19 Gen6 , and the counter guys were excited that the "suppressor section" is now ready to start displaying/selling suppressors. Ain't it grand | |||
|
| If you see me running try to keep up |
That is awful brave of them to move forward without the ATF providing any written guidance. Hopefully they are doing it as a result of direction from their attorneys. | |||
|
Probably on a trip![]() |
I bought a suppressor via 4473 here in North Texas on Monday. GOA dashboard check, NICS check and pay. I was in and out in 25 minutes. This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector. Plato | |||
|
| Thank you Very little ![]() |
Still haven't run across an LGS here that is selling on 4473's, will have to check again with the folks at the gun range, it's where I have things shipped in. | |||
|
| Raised Hands Surround Us Three Nails To Protect Us |
Lots of folks doing them here on 4473. It’s quite clear who is covered. The issue being as Para has brought up is Federal Law is to be uniform. How do those not currently covered come into the fold? ———————————————— The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad. If we got each other, and that's all we have. I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand. You should know I'll be there for you! | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

