SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I saw that, but don't find it on their web site, nor is the link provided to a Salvation Army source.

Probably won't. That reads like an internal training document.

quote:
Got one that goes to the Salvation Army, and not an outside source, claiming it's salvation army?

FWIW: Look at the URL: s3.amazonaws.com/cache.salvationarmy.org/...

Amazon AWS is Amazon Web Services, which is used by a lot of companies for their web hosting services, both internal and external.

Haven't seen an announcement from the Salvation Army disclaiming it, either.

quote:
The paper does call for an apology for racism, which is applicable, regardless of who might be racist.

Except then look at their definition of "racism." States something like "can't be expressed by minorities." The implication is clear.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:

Obviously, I'd never buy anything from Gillette again. But I had some of their stuff laying around when they went woke. I'd think those would be a bit of a message to the SA folks that they'll be taking in a lot less $$ now that they've done the same.
Stop screwing around. You shouldn't be posting things about razor blades and you know it.
I wasn't suggesting unpackaged and would never think of wanting to hurt anyone. Just the sight of the name Gillette on the unopened box should be a mini wakeup call. That was the only Gillette product I ever had laying around anyway. No more though.
Yeah, I assumed that you were referring to blades in unopened packages, harmless, but making a statement about Gilette. It kind of surprised me when all of the previous commenters seemed to assume that you were referring to "naked" blades, that would cut someone.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to read all 7 pages of replies, I have better things to do with my time.

However I will suggest that anyone reading this thread spend some time on the Salvation Army web site. There you will find that this particular story has been made up specifically to stir up sentiments against the Salvation Army. Basically this is False News and BULLSHIT propaganda. Just like the BS the Liberal Left put out. Unfortunately we live in a time when both ends of the political spectrum have no morals and will say anything they can dream up just to stir things up. Please this when you see "news" stories that seem a bit too outlandish. Because any moron sitting in his mothers basement can claim to be a journalist and create a fake "newspaper" to put this crap out.

PS: I could claim to be a leading investigative journalist for the Wall Street Times and some might believe that, but I am not, I don't even subscribe to the Wall Street Journal. I could also claim to be on the board of the Salvation Arms, but I am not, the closest I've ever come to the Salvation Army is the bell ringer in front of my grocery. What I am is a plain old geezer who is sick and tired of all the BULL SHIT circulating and disappointed at the number of people who fall for this crap.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5642 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I'm not going to read all 7 pages of replies, ...

Of course you won't.

quote:
However I will suggest that anyone reading this thread spend some time on the Salvation Army web site. There you will find that this particular story has been made up specifically to stir up sentiments against the Salvation Army. Basically this is False News and BULLSHIT propaganda.

Fair enough. Show us where on the Salvation Army web site they specifically disclaim this being a Salvation Army document. Or a public statement from the Salvation Army stating same. Either will do to prove your assertion. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong in this instance.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Sorry I threw some cash in the red kettle earlier this week.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I’ve given thousands to them over the years via payroll withdrawal. I stopped last year and went 100% local. Feel even better about the decision now that they’re woke assholes.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23201 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
For the doubters...

https://www.newsweek.com/salva...s-initiative-1645658

"As The Salvation Army launches its Red Kettle Campaign this holiday season, some of its long-time donors are withdrawing their support from the 156-year old charitable organization citing its newly embraced "woke" ideology as the reason.

Of great concern to loyal supporters and faithful Salvationists is the initiative dubbed "Let's Talk About Racism." In a nutshell, its curriculum outlines the Christian church's alleged racial collusion and provides action steps to analyze and combat racism through an "anti-racist" lens while incorporating Critical Race Theory.

Definitions of institutional and systemic racism are included while real or perceived differences in life outcomes ("inequities") are attributable not to individual effort and other circumstances, but to discrimination. Sections address topics including police brutality, health care and Black unemployment linking such topics to "racial inequity."

That's troublesome for those who note The Salvation Army has been a leader in confronting racism long before the rest of the country and over five decades before the civil rights movement. And they're asking why then should members of an organization built by the Christian faith to actually assist people of all races in need, be repentant of behavior they never perpetuated?"

More at link.

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, posted on p.4 by Ronin1069. But, it's "False News and BULLSHIT propaganda", right? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26324 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
I did read through the thread, but I missed that. Sorry for the repeat.

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, just to clarify, since I am a racist, am I also a White Supremecist? The left seems to use the terms interchangeably. So by this logic, Joe Biden is a racist? And a White Supremecist as well?

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Holy cow. This is more pandering to the woke donors trying to stay off the radar of woke activist.

I can find no where, not even a news source, that actually cites a single accusation of white priveldge behavior that needed to be corrected.

Why would you piss off the very people that give to you just to avoid a theoretical attack from the woke community to to appear trendy?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
This is serious accusation for them to make not only of an entire race of people but to Christianity itself. It's hard to believe they thought this through, it is a catastrophic failure of their leadership - but that is nothing new these days. I don't think this ends well for them, this message will go over like a lead balloon. The irony here is the organization is quite literally in need of salvation.

Entire race? Three entire races.

"Proponents of "Critical Race Theory" don't believe whites, Asians or Hispanics can avoid being prejudiced against blacks."

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20806 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No more donations to the Salvation Army for me.

Don't intend to apologize for something only a few
so feel.... maybe more on the other side these days. Sad.
Its time to end divisoned Americans. No African-Americans'or
any other such. If one is an American citizen that person is an American.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Entire race? Three entire races.

"Proponents of "Critical Race Theory" don't believe whites, Asians or Hispanics can avoid being prejudiced against blacks."

Hispanics are an ethnicity not a race. You have to check white, black, native American, Asian, or mixed in one section, then check hispanic or non-hispanic in another section. We've all filled out the 4473 more than once...

That said, I think part of the reason for the recent push is that ethnically hispanic people are becoming the "majority minority" and the Biden administration is flooring the pedal on getting as many more hispanics into the US as possible before the midterm elections.

Hispanics never owned slaves, and most immigrated to the US (or had their locations become US states) after the civil war. They have no societal guilt because they had nothing to do with slavery, reconstruction, or Jime Crowe. They also tend to work hard at lousy jobs and succeed here from what I can see. Socially they are conservative catholics and the nuclear family is important.

When hispanics are 20% of the US population, their political interests will dominate the public discourse. Their congressmen will represent minority districts. The race baiters know they are on their way to irrelevance and this is their last ditch "battle of the bulge" to keep the spotlight for as long as possible.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not going to read all 7 pages of replies, I have better things to do with my time.

However I will suggest that anyone reading this thread spend some time on the Salvation Army web site. There you will find that this particular story has been made up specifically to stir up sentiments against the Salvation Army. Basically this is False News and BULLSHIT propaganda. Just like the BS the Liberal Left put out. Unfortunately we live in a time when both ends of the political spectrum have no morals and will say anything they can dream up just to stir things up. Please this when you see "news" stories that seem a bit too outlandish. Because any moron sitting in his mothers basement can claim to be a journalist and create a fake "newspaper" to put this crap out.

PS: I could claim to be a leading investigative journalist for the Wall Street Times and some might believe that, but I am not, I don't even subscribe to the Wall Street Journal. I could also claim to be on the board of the Salvation Arms, but I am not, the closest I've ever come to the Salvation Army is the bell ringer in front of my grocery. What I am is a plain old geezer who is sick and tired of all the BULL SHIT circulating and disappointed at the number of people who fall for this crap.

Salvation Army International Social Justice Commission

Scroll to the middle of the page.

Silent

Posts: 1024 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
F the Salvation Army.

and...they didn't happen to arrive on a horse did they?

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
quote:

Salvation Army International Social Justice Commission

Scroll to the middle of the page.

Silent

I read the study guide on Racism.

I disagree-- strongly-- with some of their conclusions ("The subtle nature of racism is such that people who are not consciously racist easily function with the privileges, empowerment and benefits of the dominant ethnicity, thus unintentionally perpetuating injustice" is a big one.) But I don't think this document-- in itself-- is in the same league as much/most of the CRT crap floating through the educational world, for example.

That said, if a single dollar of my donation goes to this crap instead of their actual core ministry, it's too much. There are more than enough alternative charities.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
For those interested, here's SA's response, posted today.

https://www.salvationarmyusa.o...the-topic-of-racism/

The Salvation Army's Response to False Claims on the Topic of Racism
Nov 25, 2021

As the country celebrates Thanksgiving today, it is a welcome reminder of the things we are grateful for—and for the power of service on behalf of those who are less fortunate.

The Salvation Army mission statement clearly outlines our service: to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. That service, and our beliefs, are based solely on the Bible and that has not, and will not, change.

Though we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, their backgrounds, or their lifestyle—recently some individuals and groups have attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agenda(s). They have made outrageous claims that we believe our donors should apologize for their own racism, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that our organization has abandoned its beliefs for one ideology or another. In fact, an online petition is asking supporters to “stand against the insertion of politically charged racial ideologies into The Salvation Army’s good work.”

Those claims are false, and they distort the very goal of our work.

The truth is that The Salvation Army believes that racism is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity, and we are called to work toward a world where all people are loved, accepted, and valued. Our positional statement on racism makes this clear. These beliefs are important because we know that racism exists, and we are therefore determined to do everything the Bible asks us to do to overcome it.

The Salvation Army has occasionally published study guides on various complex topics, including race, to help foster positive conversations and reflection among Salvationists. The hope is that by openly discussing these issues, we can encourage a more thoughtful organization that is better positioned to serve those in need. These guides are solely designed for internal use. No one is being told how to think. Period.

The very purpose of conversation is to share differing points of view and to hear from people with different experiences. Discussion is not indoctrination. It’s what reasonable people do. It’s how we learn and we grow. Thankfully, not everyone thinks the same way – it’s what makes us unique in the eyes of our Creator. Yet some have taken the fact that we have invited such conversations about race among our members as an opportunity to push their own agenda. In doing so, they have sought to shut down conversation, not foster it.

We at The Salvation Army remain undeterred in our mission because we are confident in the power of the gospel, and because millions of vulnerable Americans need our help. We remain deeply grateful for the support of a generous public—people from all walks of life and from all parts of the country—who help us meet human need wherever it exists. Ours is a message of love, even for those who disagree or attack us. That is the model set by Christ that we strive to follow every day. God bless you, and happy Thanksgiving.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Possible donees that might not be eat up with the woke dumbassery??

Ronald McDonald House
St. Jude’s

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is that the way calling BS works? You just proclaim it's BS and everyone is supposed to take it as gospel?

Year V

Posts: 2628 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post