SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Super Bowl Ever?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Super Bowl Ever? Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
I was not even planning on watching; and am definitely not a Pats fan.

But, give the Pats their due, not only did they deserve to win, but that was the best Superbowl game I have ever seen.

Kudos to the Pats. Well done.

Posts: 6567 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yes, when they were down 25 points, I thought it was pretty much over.

Best I remember

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
That was crazy. I'm just glad that the Giants (my team) are the only ones who can beat Brady and the Pats in the big game Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
25 point comeback? First OT ever? First 5-time SB winner? Most passing yards in history? Most receptions in history for the RB?

Yeah, probably the best ever.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
They should hand this out to all the Falcons

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
That was the best I've seen! Incredible comeback win. Just incredible.

Posts: 4459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmeek
posted Hide Post
I'm sure most people thought that it was another one sided Super Bowl, myself included. The Pats couldn't do anything right in the first half, so many dropped balls. Brady is inarguably the best ever to play quarterback

Posts: 261 | Location: MD | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I didn't have a dog in the hunt, but I agree that it was very entertaining. I've got to give the Patriots and Brady credit for living up to the pregame hype.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
Dislike the Pats BUT...

Brady is the best QB in the modern era.

Belichick is the best coach of the modern era.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Wow they are boooooing the shit out of the commish!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best one I've ever seen.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2390 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I prepped my wife for what we were about to watch (Goodell giving the award to the Pats) during the commercial break after it ended.

Chuckled through the whole presentation, and laughed aloud when it was Kraft's turn to speak and the crowd erupted with cheers. Too funny.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Not even close. Not fun to watch the other team collapse like a wet noodle in the second half. They gave it away.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5564 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Helluva game.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NFL overtime rules are horrendous. Take a tip from college and get a clue.

OT: Not sure about best, after 50-games this one definitely was entertaining for sure. Atlanta not scoring at all in the second half puts a damper on ranking this one tops though.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Not even close. Not fun to watch the other team collapse like a wet noodle in the second half. They gave it away.

Agree. Hated this game. I wanted to see the Pats get crushed for once. Time for another team to show up. The Falcons did, for the first half. Then they laid down and rolled over.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
That was a great football game.
I was pulling for the Falcons and thought they had it pretty well wrapped up. Wrong!

Posts: 1795 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
That was a hell of a game.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
NFL overtime rules are horrendous. Take a tip from college and get a clue.

OT: Not sure about best, after 50-games this one definitely was entertaining for sure. Atlanta not scoring at all in the second half puts a damper on ranking this one tops though.

They scored first in the 2nd half, put them up by 25. They just didn't score again.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don't know why the crowd was booing Goodall. Was it the Deflategate penalty on Brady?

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post