SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Super Bowl Ever?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Super Bowl Ever? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How does one perform the Heimlich Maneuver on a falcon? Razz

I wasn't aware of the Brady/Trump MAGA hat bullshit. Before the game, I said I hoped my home town team would get the shit stomped out of them and now I'm especially glad that happened.
I guess every last thing on the face of the Earth is now somehow tied to US politics, so, last night, we won again, didn't we? Cool

It could have been just a football game, but no, we have to try to defeat the Patriots because of a hat sitting on a locker. Happy now?

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Yessir, patriots win nov 2016. Patriots win feb 2017!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When the Falcons lost last night, it could have simply been what it actually is- a defeat in a professional ball game. Nothing Earth shattering, just one team wins and one loses.

But, no. Tom Brady had the balls to have a MAGA hat on his locker????? Mad IT'S WAHRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Mad

So, the leftists made it political...and lost...again.

Douchebags Razz

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Glad you were able to enjoy it Para!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
At least the Falcons won the popular vote.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
At least the Falcons won the popular vote.

#NotMySuperbowl

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Best Super Bowl Ever? I didn't think so. One team dominated 1/2 of the game another team the other 1/2. No real back and forth keeping it close type game.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Glad you were able to enjoy it Para!
Enjoy it? I didn't watch the fucking thing. I'm getting my information from you guys and the intarweb.

What I'm enjoying is the butthurt from those who chose to make this game symbolic, and I'm especially enjoying the tough talking Lady GashGash folding like cheap lawn furniture when it got down to cases. She's a coward. After all that talk about a message, she comes out and is nothing more than a good little girl doing her little song and dance. Ha!

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
When is super bowl this year?

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Worst ever. Hate the Pats. Sick of seeing them. Falcons more than blew it. Go Bears. Bring in the March Madness so I can soon forget all about this...

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2281 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Best ever

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's a Festivus Miracle!!

Finally, SOMEbody who gets it.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
It was a great game.

Alabama alum (Hightower) hits Ryan, forces a fumble that puts NE in position to score and get within 8.

Next drive Alabama alum (Julio Jones) makes a circus freak catch that puts Atlanta in field goal range where all they have to do is kick a field goal to ice the game. However, their coach decides to try to pass the ball, Ryan gets sacked to take them out of range, they try to pass again and get a holding call and then have to punt it back to NE who drives the field and ties it.

Then the team that was getting flack for their coach and QB being friends with Trump drives the field and ends it in OT.

Overall, not bad! Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Their oufits were pretty....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I had no interest in the game and I didn't watch it, or the half-time show. I was, however, simply "rooting" for the Patriots to win only because of the media butt-hurt over the Brady/Trump friendship.

When I got the FOX push-notification that the Patriots won, I smiled because I know the MSM/hollyweird wanted them to lose.

Winners aren't losers.... MAGA

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5519 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Brady thinks his jersey was stolen from the locker room

HOUSTON – Tom Brady suspected that his Super Bowl game-winning jersey was stolen from the New England Patriots locker room in the aftermath of the team's remarkable victory over the Atlanta Falconsin Super Bowl LI on Sunday.

Brady looked flustered as he searched his locker area at NRG Stadium but was unable to locate the game-worn jersey that he donned in leading the Patriots to a 34-28 overtime victory.

"It was right here. I know exactly where I put it," Brady said as he called the security staff and team equipment managers to assist in the search.

Brady, who was named the Super Bowl MVP for the record fourth time in his career, frantically looked through several bags and told nearby players that the iconic No. 12 was missing.

Backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo told other players to look for the jersey, but the longer he searched, the more Brady seemed to grow concerned it had been stolen.

"This is not good," he said. "It was right here and now I don't have it. Not good."

While walking out of the stadium, Brady was asked by USA TODAY Sports if he had managed to locate the jersey during his extensive search.

"No," he replied. "It is going to be on eBay soon, I guess."

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Best Super Bowl Ever? I didn't think so. One team dominated 1/2 of the game another team the other 1/2. No real back and forth keeping it close type game.
Shoot, I picked it up on the radio in the 3rd quarter with 2 minutes remaining. I think ATL played right for 3/4s and NE came to life as they did. First bowl game I will get on DVD because I was on the edge of my seat.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
The season is over, the Falcons lost and I will be a little mopey today but life goes on. They have a lot of young players who will be back stronger next year and hopefully they will be in the hunt next season.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You wanna hear something funny? We went to a party a friend threw, and we left when the score was still 28-3 because it was past my toddler's bedtime and we had to drive 45 minutes. We couldn't find the game on the radio in the car, and then we forgot about it and talked with our kiddo.

We tuned into an AM station as we neared the house, just in time to hear an announcement about the Patriots win, and a short recap of comeback. My jaw was in my lap. My wife was just as stunned. I grew up hearing about the Heidi game, but I feel really silly having done it myself on what may have been the most historic superbowls of my lifetime. Congrats to the Pats and their fans. That was quite a feat.

Still, we beat the snow and the traffic and now my son gets to play in the snow for the first time when he gets up. Smile

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post