SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Super Bowl Ever?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Super Bowl Ever? Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Those tweets make me want to quit my job and devote my life to finding these people and slapping the shit out of them.

If any of them are in central florida, I'll put you up and cover your meals while in town. And beer.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Here's a comment I received this morning

"Atlanta has not gone down in flames so bad since Sherman burned it in 1874"
Would you please go back to the person who said that and let them know the Civil War had been over for 9 years in 1874?

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Here's a comment I received this morning

"Atlanta has not gone down in flames so bad since Sherman burned it in 1874"
Would you please go back to the person who said that and let them know the Civil War had been over for 9 years in 1874?

I fat thumbed that one. Should have been 1864

Fixed Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6294 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Check out the liberal butt hurt regarding who won the Super Bowl.
It's hilarious.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...trends-social-media/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
^^ Some of those just have to be parody.

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's a solid bet right there. That fan is one lucky SOB if she really goes through with it.

Eugenie Bouchard set to go on a date with a fan after betting on Atlanta Falcons to win Super Bowl before New England Patriots' stunning comeback

By Alex Martin For Mailonline
10:36 EST 06 Feb 2017, updated 11:36 EST 06 Feb 2017

With the Atlanta Falcons cruising 28-3 in the third quarter of Super Bowl LI, people across the world thought Matt Ryan and Co would waltz to their first championship title in the franchise's history.

Eugenie Bouchard, a professional tennis player, had earlier predicted a Falcons victory over the New England Patriots and felt confident enough to declare victory when Tevin Coleman ran in Atlanta's fourth touchdown just after the interval.

'I knew Atlanta would win btw', she wrote to her one million Twitter followers.

With nothing to lose, one NFL fan asked whether Bouchard would agree to a date if the New England Patriots won. She agreed and the world watched as Tom Brady inspired the Patriots to the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.

Eugenie Bouchard is usually seen on the tennis court but played NFL bookmaker on Sunday +10
Eugenie Bouchard is usually seen on the tennis court but played NFL bookmaker on Sunday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/spo...nta-Falcons-bet.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20170203-story.html

Had I known about all of this before the game, I would have watched the game and rooted for the Patriots.

The Obama lovers chose to politicize this game and they lost...again.

This is what made me a Pat's fan when in reality I couldn't care less who won the SB. My beloved Packers are not in it after all so I didn't care. But for the snowflakes to make this game political and to root for a team because they DIDN'T support the President, well fuck you twice in the keester.

Posts: 5787 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I found some time tonight to run some numbers. I was surprised that the Patriots are about a 50-50 team in the big game. At the same time, they appear in 9 of 52 games or 17%, or about one in six SB.

Team Wins Losses Appearances Percentage
New England Patriots 5 4 9 55.6%
Dallas Cowboys 5 3 8 62.5%
Denver Broncos 3 5 8 37.5%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 2 8 75.0%
San Francisco 49ers 5 1 6 83.3%
Green Bay Packers 4 1 5 80.0%
Miami Dolphins 2 3 5 40.0%
New York Giants 4 1 5 80.0%
Oakland Raiders 3 2 5 60.0%
Washington Redskins 3 2 5 60.0%
Buffalo Bills 0 4 4 0.0%
Minnesota Vikings 0 4 4 0.0%

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5200 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Falcons didn't give up - their defense was simply gassed. Atl defense was on the field for 93 snaps, almost twice as many snaps as the Pats defense. Quinn had them played man coverage most of the time because Brady and his small receivers are really efficient at picking apart zones. Playing man is tough for the secondary because they have to constantly running after the recievers, adjust and readjust to what the receivers are doing. Pass rushers were also gassed because they have to constantly explode off each snap, even with the DL rotations. The fact that Brady kept the ball for so many snaps was what led to Atl defense collapsing.

If you take away the pick 6, and the Pats Blount's fumble that led to a very short field for Ryan to convert to a TD, the much vaunted Atl offense only put up 14 points. Belichick and Patricia put in a brilliant defensive game plan.

I am a Pats fan since I went to college there (Boston U). However it's great that from Kraft, Belichick (his long letter to Trump at NH rally) to Brady are all Trump's fans. NY Jets owner too btw and as well as Rex Ryan (fired Bills coach).

Read some article that the author roots for the Falcons because Atlanta is the "blackest" city in America and Boston is the "most racist" city. LOL

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I found some time tonight to run some numbers. I was surprised that the Patriots are about a 50-50 team in the big game. At the same time, they appear in 9 of 52 games or 17%, or about one in six SB.

Team Wins Losses Appearances Percentage
New England Patriots 5 4 9 55.6%
Dallas Cowboys 5 3 8 62.5%
Denver Broncos 3 5 8 37.5%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 2 8 75.0%
San Francisco 49ers 5 1 6 83.3%
Green Bay Packers 4 1 5 80.0%
Miami Dolphins 2 3 5 40.0%
New York Giants 4 1 5 80.0%
Oakland Raiders 3 2 5 60.0%
Washington Redskins 3 2 5 60.0%
Buffalo Bills 0 4 4 0.0%
Minnesota Vikings 0 4 4 0.0%

I'll take our lowly 1/10 superbowls. If you did the same stats in 1992 We'd look a lot better in the list (18.5%).

Go Skins!!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...ls-biggest-loser.php

If, like most people, you haven’t heard of Touré, he is a far-left commentator on MSNBC. Here, for your entertainment, are some of Touré’s tweets during the Super Bowl, in chronological order:

Trump is sinking the Pats the same way he’s sinking America.
7:45 PM - 5 Feb 2017

With Gaga romping and the Pats getting killed it feels like the good guys are winning for once.
8:28 PM - 5 Feb 2017

Tom Brady out there looking for help from the Electoral College. #SuperBowl
7:49 PM - 5 Feb 2017

It’s all but inconceivable for the Pats to come back from here.
8:53 PM - 5 Feb 2017

It would be awesome if the Falcons refused to go to the White House.
8:58 PM - 5 Feb 2017

That time that John Lewis’s team smashed Trump’s team in the Super Bowl.
9:15 PM - 5 Feb 2017

Is this the twilight of the Patriots dynasty? Brady is gettin old.
9:34 PM - 5 Feb 2017

Karma couldn’t let the Pats to win it all in a season that started with them being punished for cheating.
9:38 PM - 5 Feb 2017

The blowout has become a nail biter.
9:52 PM - 5 Feb 2017

Lord, don’t let the Pats win by a TD so Trump can crow about how he was right. I can’t.
10:19 PM - 5 Feb 2017

The Falcons won the popular vote. Frown
10:40 PM - 5 Feb 2017

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Super Bowl. you are dead to me!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3794 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Falcons didn't give up - their defense was simply gassed. Atl defense was on the field for 93 snaps, almost twice as many snaps as the Pats defense. Quinn had them played man coverage most of the time because Brady and his small receivers are really efficient at picking apart zones. Playing man is tough for the secondary because they have to constantly running after the recievers, adjust and readjust to what the receivers are doing. Pass rushers were also gassed because they have to constantly explode off each snap, even with the DL rotations. The fact that Brady kept the ball for so many snaps was what led to Atl defense collapsing.

This means the Pats offense was in the field for 93 snaps. Imagine how beat you would be trying to manhandle those 300+ lb. DLs! Running routes is tough on wide receivers, because they have to juke and try to outrun those vicious DBs, especially when you are so far behind with so much on the line. How many hits can a RB handle in one game where nearly everyone outweighs you by ~50 lbs!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
This means the Pats offense was in the field for 93 snaps. Imagine how beat you would be trying to manhandle those 300+ lb. DLs! Running routes is tough on wide receivers, because they have to juke and try to outrun those vicious DBs, especially when you are so far behind with so much on the line. How many hits can a RB handle in one game where nearly everyone outweighs you by ~50 lbs!

Not as much. Brady mostly passed. In the passing game, the OLs don't have to explode off the snap, they fall back and they're also 300+ lbs guys. Typically the OL outweigh the DL. DL usually employ only heavy guys in the middle and DEs are actually lighter, agile and faster guys. The point is that in passing plays, the DL has to explode and OL usually step back and block.

On DBs, if you see those track lines of the paths the receivers run vs the DBs, the DBs usually end up running a longer path than his receiver because he has to react to the receiver and often overshoots a cut. Then he has to accelerate like mad to try and cover up his separation from the receiver due to his reaction time lag. Of course he can play more off the line instead of press but that'd make him more susceptible to slant and other routes designed for that style of play.

Patriots receivers aren't known as burners but rather great at slot running so ATL DBs couldn't afford to play too much off the line.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Not as much. Brady mostly passed. In the passing game, the OLs don't have to explode off the snap, they fall back and they're also 300+ lbs guys. Typically the OL outweigh the DL. DL usually employ only heavy guys in the middle and DEs are actually lighter, agile and faster guys. The point is that in passing plays, the DL has to explode and OL usually step back and block.

On DBs, if you see those track lines of the paths the receivers run vs the DBs, the DBs usually end up running a longer path than his receiver because he has to react to the receiver and often overshoots a cut. Then he has to accelerate like mad to try and cover up his separation from the receiver due to his reaction time lag. Of course he can play more off the line instead of press but that'd make him more susceptible to slant and other routes designed for that style of play.

Patriots receivers aren't known as burners but rather great at slot running so ATL DBs couldn't afford to play too much off the line.

You get my point. Both teams played the same number of plays. The game wasn't lost, never is, on the last play of the game, nor won.

Look at the two halfs!

I'm not particularly a fan of either team, BTW.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I thought that it was generally acknowledged in football and most other team ball/puck sports that playing defense is more tiring than playing offense.

Posts: 3262 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I would say that's accurate for two reasons

1). The offense knows where and when they are going. Action versus reaction

2). Pursuit. Defenses rely on 11 men to pursue the ball. Whereas a lot of offensive players become spectators once the ball carrier reaches a higher level

quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I thought that it was generally acknowledged in football and most other team ball/puck sports that playing defense is more tiring than playing offense.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah playing defense is definitely more tiring because of the explosion required of DLs and reaction game for DBs, especially in man coverage.

Falcons offense is based on big plays. Big passes to their speedy receivers and backs out of the backfield. Get them into space and let them run past everyone. Patriots offense is less dependent on big plays. So that's what they did - possessed the ball and forced the Falcons defense to play close to 1.5-2 games worth of snaps. Coaches didn't mix in enough zone coverage to slow down the game for the DBs. They got spent in the last 1.5 quarters.

Anyway I think ATL lost because of poor coaching.

posted Hide Post
was there any mention at all about the firmness of his balls ?

I did not it mentioned

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
was there any mention at all about the firmness of his balls ?

I did not it mentioned

Hehe

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post