SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Super Bowl Ever?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Super Bowl Ever? Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Each team had a bad half. The Pats were completely out of sync the first, particularly Brady. He was underthrowing, overthrowing, tight as a drum. And then the dropped balls. The whole team was wrapped too tight.

The Pats first scoring drive in the second half was kept alive by penalties, something Atlanta had avoided the first. I don't think it was being overly aggressive, more like less disciplined. They never got back in stride (inexperience in big games?) resulting in the biggest momentum shift I've seen.

Kind of too bad for the Falcons, their playoff run for two and half games against three monster teams was one for the ages. Hope they remember what got them here come next year.

Congratulations to the Pats (I was pulling for them), yes, as entertaining a Super Bowl as I've seen if not perfect football.

I watched Gaga at halftime to see her crater, she was amazing, a great time here tonight.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by DBS:
Gotta say I have to disagree with how the NFL runs overtime.

The team that loses the toss should at least get a chance to answer if the toss winner scores on their opening series.

I actually thought that they did, but that's just in regards to field goals, isn't it...

Ah, well, those are the shakes sometimes.

Yup just like that 80 yard TD pass Tebow threw in the first play in OT leading Denver to bump Pittsburg out of the playoffs a few years back. Score a TD you win; score a field goal and the opposition gets a chance to top you. Believe the thought behind this approach is that you play both offense AND defense so BOTH better be damned good. The coin toss losers must have their defense beat the opposition offense in OT. Atlanta couldn't pull that off... nuff said.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dunno, the Seattle vs Pats (AZ.) was pretty good too. Both ended in SB Championships,and Brady (the legend) really etched his name in the history books with this win.

Posts: 3237 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Wanting to skip a lot of what was supposed to be political BS, I decided to check in only after half time. I'm glad I did.

As long as there's time on the clock, never give up. Well, that's what sports show over and over again.

I remember watching a certain Flutie pass live, too. There must be something in the Boston water.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed...

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I'm not a Pats fan, but after Brady, Belichick and Kraft came out for Trump, they conducted a nationwide poll and only 23% wanted the Pats to win.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons, has just filed a protest over the results of Super Bowl LI with the NFL claiming that since his team had the greater number of yards, it should be declared the winner.

Will these libtards never quit?

hehehehehehehe

FALSE... but funny just the same!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I hate/oppose sudden death OT, so I vote no.

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
My vote is for Brady as the best of all time. Amazing finish.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Great game. I enjoyed seeing the connection between Howie Long & his son who played for the Pats. Good to see.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7674 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I'm a Pats fan

I still haven't processed what I just saw

I told my sons to go to bed at the normal times when it was 28-3

at 28-20!i brought them back in with me....of course they had been monitoring on their phones

When Malcom Bulter intercepted that ball from Russel Wilson two years ago my sons and I jumped around like mad men

Tonight we did that during the TD, and the 2 point conversion, and during the winning TD

Beyond the win, my boys and I will have this moment forever

I've been suffering from insomomna lately. This won't help

Sorry I'm rambling

Still processing this

It was amazing

Go. Pats.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I agree. OT should either be just played out until the end of the time on the clock, or at very least both teams should be given the ball. OT is better now in the NFL but still not great.

Still a good game though. Pats did their part at the end and held the Falcons who made some pretty stupid mistakes. When you are in FG range with a chance to go up by two scores with under 4 minutes in the game, while at the same time eating up time or the opponents remaining timeouts, you protect the ball. Why they tried to pass in that situation is beyond me. That decision resulted in a sack and a penalty knocking them out of FG range and forcing a punt.

Perhaps in the future if any other coach is playing the Pats in the SB and is faced with making a call between a running play and a passing play in an obvious running situation to likely in the game they will learn from the Falcons and Seahawks and just run the damn ball.

Congrats to the Pats. Knowing it is a couple Trump supporters softens the blow of the hometown team losing.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15276 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I get having those rules in the regular season, but the Super Bowl shouldn't be decided by a coin flip. As good as this game was at times the NFL did their fans a great disservice by not allowing the NFL MVP to have a chance to match what Brady did. Yes, Ryan had chances in the fourth quarter, but overtime is an entirely new game and only one QB had the opportunity to touch the ball. That's just not right in a game that determines the NFL champion.

They should adapt something similar to the collage rules in playoff games where both teams get the ball and they play until one team scores and then stops the other.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
The sour lemons in this thread are as unbelievable as the comeback and win by the Patriots.

"The Falcons coasted/rolled over/choked."

"I don't agree with the overtime rules."

"It wasn't even close to being a good game because I hate the Pats and wanted to see them get crushed."

Here's how simple it is: The game was officiated as well as anyone could ask for. The Falcons took advantage of their opportunities (fumble, pick 6) as did the Patriots (not giving up the field goal after losing the onside kick, overcoming the deficit, converting 4th downs, 2 point conversions, etc.). Don't like the overtime rules? Then don't give up the touchdown. The overtime rules aren't new news to anyone so save the "everyone should have ball at least once or play for the full 15 minutes so it's 'fair.'" There's no crying in baseball and I'm pretty sure football (or any competitive sport) says the same. Appreciate greatness for what it is because it's highly unlikely any other team, coach or player will ever accomplish what happened tonight and for the last 15 years.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Got home late. I wasn't going to turn game on. Decided to check score. Had one glass of wine. Watched game to end of regulation. 2:30 wake up time approaching fast. Decided to watch just one drive. Glad I did!

Posts: 2044 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Most of the naysayers just hate the Pats. Take the names off the uniforms and it was the greatest comeback in post-season history.

In the Super Bowl, yes. In post season, that would be the Bills vs the Oilers. 32 point deficit was overcome by the Bills. But this was a choke of historic proportions.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wow, just wow. Watched first half at my buddy from Boston's house. He had to work last night, so we left after the half time show. He's going to be so happy when he watches this, this morning.

He's an annoying Pats fan, but he gets a pass being a Bostonian.

Well done Mr Brandy, well done. It only took him the last 8 minutes to win the game. Was horrible the first 52:00. Julio Jones was having an outstanding game making multiple impossible catches. Then the whole game changed on that freak Edelman catch.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I'm not injecting politics in this thread but--- just saw the Oreilly interview with President Trump pre-game and he predicted an 8 point Pats win. Pretty close to what happened. How does anyone make such accurate predictions on games? I never have any clue.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Sorry, I don't know why the crowd was booing Goodall. Was it the Deflategate penalty on Brady?

Pittsburg had the same deflated football situation this year. It was brushed aside.

THe Pats got to enjoy a $1 million fine, loss of a first rounder and a fourth rounder for the same infraction.
Let's not forget about the 4 game suspension either.

In your face Goodell,
Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4600 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I loved the booing of Goodell. Smile

That was probably the best SB I have ever watched and I've seen a bunch of them.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post