SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actions Against China- Your Ideas
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actions Against China- Your Ideas Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Most of my tools are Craftsman, but I don't know when they started making their stuff in China. Some of the stuff I've had for decades. For stuff I use one time or less per year, I'm going cheap. For lifetime keeper stuff, I'll get something better. And I'm starting to think Snap-On and some other premium US brands do get stuff made in China because Harbor Freight sells the identical stuff relabeled for a fraction of the price. Maybe it's all knock-offs, but the reviews suggest equal quality.

Posts: 3566 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who deals in used tools. Storefront business. Chinese crap he blows out real cheap, on his shelves are Mac, Matco, Snap-On.

I try to buy American or at least western hemisphere and European items whenever possible.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8141 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The new Craftsman tools plant will be up and running by years end in Fort Worth.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I don't buy that many tools, but I'll make a point of buying Craftsman then.
quote:
And I'm starting to think Snap-On and some other premium US brands do get stuff made in China because Harbor Freight sells the identical stuff relabeled for a fraction of the price.

Different industry, but that's exactly how most of us figure out which red dots and other optics are made in China.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
We should be very very angry with them, and we should write them a letter telling them how angry we are.

Posts: 21124 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
China is holding about 1 trillion dollars of our debt. Let them pound sand. We owe you zero.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We should be very very angry with them, and we should write them a letter telling them how angry we are.

^^^^^^^^
HAhaaha

Posts: 17284 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
China is holding about 1 trillion dollars of our debt. Let them pound sand. We owe you zero.

Helpful hint: If you're going to negotiate, start by demanding more than you owe. That leaves you a little wriggle room, and it helps you make sure that you don't leave any money on the table.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The best benefit of defaulting on our debt held by China is that it will make our debt worthless, so no one else will buy it, and we will have to start living within our means. Anyone think that's gonna happen in our lifetimes?

Posts: 3566 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Since nuke em from orbit isn't an option. Slowly pull back production/reliance on PRC. Need to put the frog in the water then slowly boil it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20849 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They seem to do everything half assed and we put up with it.

quote:
Medical workers share concerns about masks delivered by Patriots plane

"Rather, they were a Chinese version known as a KN95 mask that some hospitals in Boston and beyond have so far declined to use and remain reluctant about today."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/20...d-by-patriots-plane/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13411 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
It’s a little early in the year, but I’ve been discussing the idea of a China-Free Christmas this year with family and friends.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Giving up Ramen noodles.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
In 2018 we had a Make It, Bake It or We Won't Take It Xmas. No China buying there.

In 2019 we had friends from China stay with us, so it was kind of hard to avoid a few gifts made in China. Though they were physically bought in China and then brought in their luggage over here.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:

Or 50% of a Round 1 Stimulus Package. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
msfzoe, no no no no no. Ramen is a Japanese creation.

Momofuku Ando (Japanese: 安藤 百福, Hepburn: Andō Momofuku), ORS, (March 5, 1910 – January 5, 2007) was a Taiwanese-Japanese inventor and businessman who founded Nissin Food Products Co., Ltd.. He is known as the inventor of instant noodles and the creator of the brands Top Ramen and Cup Noodles. He was even given a prestigious award by Japan for his delicious creation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21130 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not buy an iPhone?

Posts: 2544 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
msfzoe, no no no no no. Ramen is a Japanese creation.

Momofuku Ando (Japanese: 安藤 百福, Hepburn: Andō Momofuku), ORS, (March 5, 1910 – January 5, 2007) was a Taiwanese-Japanese inventor and businessman who founded Nissin Food Products Co., Ltd.. He is known as the inventor of instant noodles and the creator of the brands Top Ramen and Cup Noodles. He was even given a prestigious award by Japan for his delicious creation.

Also to mention that the two main brands, (Nissin & Maruchan) that most associate ramen noodles with, are both made in the USA.

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good start would be limiting foreign students. Senseless to be training your enemy

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if you are shopping and holding something that says 'Made in China' put it back on the shelf

Posts: 53243 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post