SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't mess with Texas! Troopers in helmets arrest Palestine protesters in latest college demo while NYC waits for Columbia U. crowd to clear out
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't mess with Texas! Troopers in helmets arrest Palestine protesters in latest college demo while NYC waits for Columbia U. crowd to clear out Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It will get real when they smell the unmistakable odor of stinky feet and moth ball blankets at the Travis Co jail.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I would be interested to know how many were actually students. The article seems to avoid calling them such, for the most part.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
^^ THIS

I'm also curious about who paid for the transportation and lodging for those who were not from the Austin metropolitan area. We've seen in other protests/riots (e.g. Ferguson riots) that many protestors from across the country arrived via free vans and buses.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some were not students or they were 30 years old and still in college.
Do not forget the 1968 Democratic convention. I was in Chicago at the time. I would not be surprised to see a repeat this summer when Chicago is the host city again.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Do not forget the 1968 Democratic convention. I was in Chicago at the time. I would not be surprised to see a repeat this summer when Chicago is the host city again.

Riots in Chicago?

How on Earth will we tell the difference between political riots and the run-of-the-mill weekend riots?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
That can be read as "I don't have a clue, and nothing else to do" Paid Idiots. At that stage of my life, I was busy fixing A-7D avionics.

That's the thing, the coordination and organization is plain to see at all of the venues.

Posts: 2785 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Glad to see this quick and full response to this agitation on the tu campus.

As a Texas tax payer I dont want to see more dollars wasted than necessary to squelch this stupidity. You are at tu or A&M to learn, not to agitate.

Good to see Gov. Abbott make his support vocal for the vigor of the response.

Arrest and fine them with the same veracity as if they are illegally parking on campus!

Smelly useful idiots this bunch of mask wearing marxists tools!

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
From Fox News:

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on Wednesday confirmed that foreign students could potentially face deportation if they are suspended from their courses while on a student visa — just as anti-Israel protests have engulfed Columbia University and other American colleges.

Link

JMO any student that participates in these riots should be immediately expelled from the University, period.

There are organizations that bus people in and pay people to participate, was listening to it on the Radio yesterday, some students were in the mele just to get paid.

I can see students doing that, $100 is a lot of pizza and Natty Light, or rent money. Plenty interviewed have no clue what they are protesting for...

Posts: 23510 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Smile

https://twitter.com/GrahamAlle...sistance-day-1193%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16712 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The black officer in those two pics looks as if he could handle that entire crowd of panty wastes by himself. Horses are always effective at handling a crowd. Watch some videos of what happens to drunk people in the French Quarter when they touch a police horse. Or the look of anguish on their face when they refuse to move and get stepped on by a horse.

I have an Austin PD neighbor who is on horse patrol. I will try to get a lowdown next time we run into each other.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The black officer in those two pics looks as if he could handle that entire crowd of panty wastes by himself. Horses are always effective at handling a crowd. Watch some videos of what happens to drunk people in the French Quarter when they touch a police horse. Or the look of anguish on their face when they refuse to move and get stepped on by a horse.

Having worked in the music industry in Austin for almost 30 years APD doesn’t fuck around. Been around them a lot because all the places I played in they’d have one backstage, off duty, multiple up front, and you get to know them. There is some Texas Ranger philosophy type thing built into those dudes. And Texas State Troopers (DPS) are like the Arizona AHP, they do not fuck around. Texas DPS were the ones who got 357sig to be made. And our Rangers, I won’t even get started. Dudes are legit fucking badasses. And they can be absolutely ruthless when the situation calls for it. The Feds actually use them for various shit they are so hardcore.

Damn shame, millions have flooded in here where it feels like LA and I’ll be moving out of state because of it. About the only thing I’ll miss is our law enforcement here. If you think these pussy students are a thing, our population is moving that direction. It’s sad. UT used to be as Texan as Baylor, Texas Tech, etc, but not anymore. Austin has become so leftist in general and feel for those officers there. My friend, who lives in Austin, his son was shooting his BB gun in the backyard. The neighbor across the street, a Californian transplant, called APD. APD sent 4-5 squad cars, blocked off the cul de sac. They have pistols drawn, talk to my friend, who explains kid, BB gun, shooting at the tree in the backyard. APD was pissed, as they have better things to do. They go across the street, tell this lady, his kid is shooting a BB gun in the backyard, it’s legal, sorry, nothing we can. All she says is “Guns scare me”. Bitch, it’s a BB gun, on my fuck. Move back to California if you don’t like it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12645 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for them. It's too bad other states don't so the same. It's amazing to me at how many people in this country side with the Palestinians, a group of people who hate being here but will use whatever they can to change things here to be like the country they left. It's a shame they can't send them over there, to see how much those who they stand up for would treat them.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Arrests at Emory University in Atlanta, GA.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Riots in Chicago?

How on Earth will we tell the difference between political riots and the run-of-the-mill weekend riots?

^^^^^^^^^^^
Two different things. You are obviously unaware of how large the 68 riots were.Might want to look it up.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Smile
[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Excellent technique breaking the camera's fall with that guy's head. Wouldn't want to be accused of property damage, those things can be expensive.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6977 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Riots in Chicago?

There's going to be about 50,000 extra assholes in town that week.
Chicago, during and after the DNC is going to be a dumpster fire floating down shit river.

I have my theories, and things I've observed myself at these protests:
There's more and more "agitators", or "professional protestors / organizers" as of recent. Most of the people we're (CPD) are arresting are dumbass honkeys, white kids... a few of them are Jewish as well. A lot of "Non-binary", blue / green / purple hair types.

I think it's all a work-up for the RNC & DNC.

My $.02?
Stay the fuck away from Milwaukee in Mid-July and Chicago in Mid-August.
It's going to be ugly.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
While I have no love for Harvard this made me laugh. Whoever decided to do this is one cool dude unless it was just automated.

quote:
After protesters set up dozens of tents in Harvard Yard late Wednesday, the university set off sprinklers from 2:30 a.m. to 4 a.m. Thursday morning as temps dipped into the 30s, flooding out the colony as students futilely tried to use buckets to stop the streams.

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproj...#webview=1&cap=swipe

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16404 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It isn't high-pressure fire hoses, but it's a start.

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Enjoy Smile

https://twitter.com/ShelleyGld.../1783686369505841255

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Always wise to drag your employer into it while being arrested. They really love the attention.

Also nice move on the sprinklers. Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20832 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post