SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't mess with Texas! Troopers in helmets arrest Palestine protesters in latest college demo while NYC waits for Columbia U. crowd to clear out
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't mess with Texas! Troopers in helmets arrest Palestine protesters in latest college demo while NYC waits for Columbia U. crowd to clear out Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the "finding out" part, teach

Posts: 107690 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoseyWales2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Arrests at Emory University in Atlanta, GA.

Wondering what type of "gun" the police are shooting? You hear it at about the 0:28 mark and then see him holding it right after that. Some type of paintball gun? Rubber bullets?
A lot of those people being arrested looked a bit surprised at what was happening to them, like how is this happening to me? Smile

----------------------------------
"These things you say we will have, we already have."
"That's true. I ain't promising you nothing extra."

Posts: 579 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of agencies were caught pretty flat-footed in 2020's riots and protests and other miscellaneous civil unrest. The smart ones learned from that. I suspect that the general trend on these things for the next few years will be more toward decisive action, even in places that are relatively "tolerant."

Posts: 5165 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I like the horsies. Bring more, lots more.

Yep, mounted units work well at this sort of thing.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoseyWales2:

Wondering what type of "gun" the police are shooting? You hear it at about the 0:28 mark and then see him holding it right after that. Some type of paintball gun? Rubber bullets?
:

VKS PRO pepper ball “launcher”, you can hear the CNN crew coughing and sneezing from the OC powder put into the immediate area
https://pepperball.com/launchers/vks-pro/

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Watching the Columbia and NYU coverage just gives me a headache.

If they truly had the "courage of their convictions," they'd take their anti-Israel protests to Crown Heights. But they won't, because they know they'd be soy-based grease spots on the sidewalk in about two minutes flat.

Posts: 2469 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Good job Texas, and here's how we're handling this in Florida.

How Florida is handling these "protestors" on Campus, no tents, no violence, no threats, etc, and if you are found to not comply with the rules you will be trespassed, 3 year suspension and employees will be trespassed and fired..

Boom...

https://twitter.com/MattWalshB.../1783844215169905050

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
The best part of that professor being arrested for me?

I can with certain accuracy guarantee you that the HVAC maintenance guys at Emory campus are watching that video in their shop and laughing their butts off.

Don't ask me how I know that.

Posts: 317 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job Florida. They provided a list and the consequences. No guesswork.

I especially like the last prohibited item/activity: 'Any other items and/or activities deemed to be non-compliant with policy and regulations by university officials'.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
George Soros is paying student radicals who are fueling nationwide explosion of Israel-hating protests

https://nypost.com/2024/04/26/...ti-israel-tent-city/

Posts: 12728 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
These universities that allow and enable this shit are incredibly stupid.

This college placement consultant says his clients accepted to Columbia are now changing their minds.
quote:
The campus hostility and antisemitic accusations have even led some aspiring students to look elsewhere, according to a New York-based college consultant, who said only one of around a dozen accepted Columbia students he's working with is still considering attending.

"This student is actually international, so he doesn't fully understand the scope of what's going on, but every other student that I'm working with has said, ‘no, thank you’ to Columbia, and they're looking for other options," said Christopher Rim, the founder and CEO of Command Education, a top-tier college consulting group.

Rim says that Duke, Emory, and Washington University in St Louis have risen in popularity with his clients because of the way they handled anti-semitism. I imagine the same will go for UT Austin and other campuses correctly dealing with the protesters. Also current and prospective students are worried that having Columbia as an alma mater will hamper future employment.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...m-college-consultant

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16721 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, the cowards in charge of Cal State Poly closed their campus because of the pro-Hamas agitators occupying a couple of their Halls. Roll Eyes

https://www.foxnews.com/live-n...ia-yale-universities

47 min(s) ago | PINNED
Cal Poly Humboldt closes campus through May 10 due to anti-Israel protest occupation

California State Polytechnic University, Humboldt announced Friday that it will close its campus through May 10 due to the occupation of Siemens Hall and Nelson Hall East.

“The occupation of Siemens Hall and Nelson Hall East is causing ongoing inability to open other campus facilities,” a statement from the university read. “Since Monday night, protestors have attempted several times to break into multiple locked buildings with the intention of either locking themselves in, vandalizing, or stealing equipment. Vandalism and theft have continued across campus.”

Officials said the campus will be closed through May 10, and work and academic instruction will take place remotely.

Anti-Israel protesters provided university officials with a list of demands including the disclosure of all holdings and collaborations with Israel; cutting all ties with Israeli universities; divesting from companies and corporations complicit in the occupation of Palestine; and dropping all charges against, and halting the harassment of student organizers by law enforcement.

Officials responded to the demands in a letter, keeping the door open to further discussions.

Officials also said their policy is “content-neutral” when it comes to speech and assembly, while also ensuring the rights of the rest of the campus community to a safe and secure environment are protected.

Q

Posts: 26453 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
regarding the lady above who keeps screaming, "I'm a professor"

Well, she was a professor.

But I wonder what she was a professor of. Maybe vector calculus, then she could spend her spare time calculating her vector towards ground, or in this case 'the' ground.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10931 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
regarding the lady above who keeps screaming, "I'm a professor"

Having watched "'Karens' gone wild" types of videos - whether staged or not - I can tell you this broad's behavior is very similar.

Posts: 27979 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Clearly, the trooper has experience in dealing with tantrum-throwing children.

https://twitter.com/saras76/st.../1784229012211896592

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

She's behaving like a spoiled-rotten 5 year old brat.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16721 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see in these videos that the Police are using a lot of restraint.

I'm interested to see the aftermath of this bullshit when the "protesters" sue for 1st Amendment violations, excessive force complaints, unlawful arrests... because unfortunately, that bullshit is gonna happen.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8359 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is this the same trooper as above? Big Grin

Welcome to Georgia, y'all!

https://twitter.com/saras76/st.../1784344058690785750

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is this the same trooper as above? Big Grin

Looks like the same Trooper and the same offender.

NICE TACKLE!

I gotta get down to Georgia and buy that man a beer!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8359 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking that I could teach a class on how to not be taken down by a Georgia State Trooper. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to teach and well worth the money for my "students". It would be a good prerequisite for my how to not get your ass kicked by a LEO.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post