SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Don't mess with Texas! Troopers in helmets arrest Palestine protesters in latest college demo while NYC waits for Columbia U. crowd to clear out
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't mess with Texas! Troopers in helmets arrest Palestine protesters in latest college demo while NYC waits for Columbia U. crowd to clear out Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Videos and a lot more pics at link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...iversity-austin.html

By GERMANIA RODRIGUEZ POLEO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 14:23 EDT, 24 April 2024 | UPDATED: 18:37 EDT, 24 April 2024

Hundreds of troopers have marched on the University of Texas at Austin before scuffling with pro-Palestine protesters as demonstrations kicked off at campuses across the country.

Police arrested at least four activists - who burst out in tears when they were handcuffed - after warning them they could face criminal charges if they did not disperse.

The rally at the Austin campus was organized by the university's Palestine Solidarity Committee (PSJ) chapter and quickly descended into anarchy.

The group said it was inspired by their 'comrades' at Yale and Columbia University, where in-person classes have been canceled due to the unrest sparked by 'encampments for Gaza.'

It comes as pro-Gaza groups took to universities across the US and clashed with police and Jewish counter-protesters, with furious demonstrators spotted at USC, Harvard, UC Berkeley, Brown and NYU.

The PSC chapter at UT Austin said on Instagram: 'UT administration has called on state troopers in an attempt to scare us into silence.'

They added: 'get these pics off our campus.' Texas Department of Public Safety officers were also seen in horses and riot gear at the protest.

DailyMail.com has reached out to the Texas Department of Public Safety for additional information. Several pro-Palestine demonstrators were seen sobbing as they watched police enter the scene.

The over 200 protesters are demanding UT-Austin divest from any manufacturers supplying Israel with weapons aid the war against Hamas in Gaza.

They gathered at the university's Gregory Gym and marched towards the South Lawn, where they planned to sit for the rest of the day.

One of the demonstrators arrested was one of the protest's organizers, with an officer singling him out saying he would be the first to be arrested, according to the Tribune.

Also on Wednesday, police clashed with protesters at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.

Officials broke up a tent demonstration after students began camping out for Palestine after a call by USC's Divest from Death Coalition and National Students for Justice in Palestine.

It comes as the situation in Columbia University in New York City remained tense with campus officials saying it would continue talks with pro-Palestinian protesters for another 48 hours.

University President Minouche Shafik had set a midnight deadline to reach an agreement on clearing an encampment of protesters on campus but the school extended negotiations, saying it was making 'important progress.'

Student protesters had committed to dismantling and removing a significant number of tents, the Ivy League university said in a statement.

On Wednesday morning, the encampment appeared calm and a little smaller than the previous day.

Police first tried to clear the encampment at Columbia last week, when they arrested more than 100 protesters. But the move backfired, acting as an inspiration for other students across the country to set up similar encampments and motivating protesters at Columbia to regroup.

Elsewhere, at the University of Minnesota, Democratic U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar attended a protest late Tuesday, hours after nine protesters were arrested on the campus when police took down an encampment in front of the library. Hundreds had rallied in the afternoon to demand their release.

Omar's daughter was among the demonstrators arrested at Columbia last week.

Students at some protests were hiding their identities. At an encampment of about 40 tents at the heart of the University of Michigan's campus in Ann Arbor, almost every student wore a mask, which was handed to them when they entered.

Meanwhile more than 40 protesters were arrested Monday at an encampment at Yale University.

The upwelling of demonstrations has left universities struggling to balance campus safety with free speech rights. Many long tolerated the protests, but are now doling out more heavy-handed discipline, citing safety concerns.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
It’s time for dogs and water canons.
If there is a single Jewish American who votes Democrat this time around, they are voting for their own destruction.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2935 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
If for some reason I'm ever arrested, I want the cop to be wearing a cowboy hat. Wink

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11079 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Love the pics. The leftist tears refresh my spirit.

Spoiled motherfuckers. Clueless as to how very good they have it.

I'm glad we've started taking out the trash.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only Texas DPS but Officer Crawford of the University Police (in two photos above) didn't appear to be in the mood for any 'I know my rights, leave me alone..' drama.

Posts: 1479 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Anyone arrested who are on a Student Visa, Temporary Visa or Resident Status, revoke their visa and send them back where they came from. If they don't want to support and love America, get the fuck out. Ungrateful SOB.

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
Not in my state, and at UT Austin to boot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The UTPD Campus Police appear to be more badass than they were in the early 1970s.

Posts: 27150 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... those arrestees don't look Arab.
I've noticed that a lot up here in Chicago.

Glad to see there's some states that aint puttin up with this shit!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8506 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Bunch of douchenozzles.

Posts: 4093 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
It's 1968 all over again. Riots at universities in Europe--and even Senegal, where I was at the time--erupted "spontaneously". The Free University of Berlin student union (Mensa) was taken over by Red Rudi Dutschke and fellow Reds, a year after I had been there.
I expect our version of Kent State is coming up soon.

Posts: 18337 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My nephew who is Jewish is about to graduate in 2 weeks from UT. Texted him today to urge him to stay away and uninvolved, To get finals done and graduate safely. He told me one of his Jewish professors canceled class short and urged them to go to the protest. My nephew was appalled.

Glad to see TX law enforcement not F around with these useful idiots.

Posts: 4943 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
He told me one of his Jewish professors canceled class short and urged them to go to the protest. My nephew was appalled.

A coward JINO this professor is. Why doesn't this fucker go out there and protest himself? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
That can be read as "I don't have a clue, and nothing else to do" Paid Idiots. At that stage of my life, I was busy fixing A-7D avionics.

Posts: 4093 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:
Anyone arrested who are on a Student Visa, Temporary Visa or Resident Status, revoke their visa and send them back where they came from. If they don't want to support and love America, get the fuck out. Ungrateful SOB.

^ This. I’m so tired of this bs. They did this right by my house in DFW. At rush hour, next to a highway. If you hate it so much here, then fucking leave! Go move in with Hamas.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I like the horsies. Bring more, lots more.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Forget the water cannons, I say use spray foam.
Anyone who has gotten that on them knows.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3924 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The black officer in those two pics looks as if he could handle that entire crowd of panty wastes by himself. Horses are always effective at handling a crowd. Watch some videos of what happens to drunk people in the French Quarter when they touch a police horse. Or the look of anguish on their face when they refuse to move and get stepped on by a horse.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8611 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Anybody that comes knocking on MY door collecting for those 'poor Pastelineons [sic] will likely get the Uncle Buck treatment -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0s8JkdVi0

Posts: 11428 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post