SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
Yep, gone
She reactivated the account.
That mare is hobbled. She's "deeply, deeply sorry", you see.

Not really, but she'll act deeply, deeply sorry for a while.

It doesn't seem to be going so great...

https://twitter.com/duarteaman.../1521584754621136900

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Since there's nothing in the Constitution to cover abortion rights, then the Feds have no power over it and the power is given to the states.

The Tenth Amendment declares, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people." In other words, states have all powers not granted to the federal government by the Constitution.

Close.
All power comes from the people. The states powers are given to them via the state constitutions. The states the determined what powers the fed would have via the US constitution.

So basically if it isnt explicitly spelled out as a power of the state, or a power of the fed via the constitutions, the power is reserved to the people.

Governments both fed and state habe gotten used to the "it doesn't say we can't" mentality instead of the "this is where it says we can" mentality.

No, not close, exact. That's an exact quote from the 10th Amendment to the Constitution.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from Kamala Harris

Pretty funny from a leftist:

"every person could face a future in which the govt can potentially interfere in personal decisions"

like health care, forced to get vaccines, forced to call men "women", keeping our wages and not being taxed so the DEMs can bribe their base, keeping our jobs and not losing them to hordes of immigrants, having confidence in the DoJ and FBI, feeling secure that our elections are honest, stuff like that ?

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
And as much as this offends me, and I too find it heinous, that's the way federalism was supposed to work. If the people in say California are not Ok with murdering viable babies then its up to them to push the Cali legislature to pass the appropriate laws or vote with their feet and move to a state more in line with their beliefs.
Chicken Dinner...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the same executive branch that that did all they could to make experimental vaccines mandatory?

I am beginning to think they are insane. You can't be sane and have the ability to talk out of both sides of your mouth so much.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
And as much as this offends me, and I too find it heinous, that's the way federalism was supposed to work. If the people in say California are not Ok with murdering viable babies then its up to them to push the Cali legislature to pass the appropriate laws or vote with their feet and move to a state more in line with their beliefs.
Chicken Dinner...

Yeah well, no. Not when it comes to denying a human being the right to life. There is a duty, IMO, for government to not only recognize our rights but protect our God given rights as well. Everyone's rights. And that includes the rights of the unborn.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Not that anyone here gives two shits about what Whoopi Goldberg spews forth from her cake hole, but NOW she's all about "MY BODY. MY CHOICE." OK...Whoops...where was THAT sentiment when the Federal Government was trying to shove a needle full of poison in my arm AGAINST MY WILL?!?!? She says [paraphrased], "This is a choice between my doctor, me, and my baby." Miracle of miracles she even said "baby" and not "fetus". My question to the Feckless Bitch...since WHEN did a baby EVER have a say in an abortion?? You F***TARD!!! Mad
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Yeah well, no. Not when it comes to denying a human being the right to life. There is a duty, IMO, for government to not only recognize our rights but protect our God given rights as well. Everyone's rights. And that includes the rights of the unborn.
While I wholeheartedly agree with you in principle and from my own PERSONAL religious aspect of the subject matter in question, I still believe it to be a "States' Rights" issue. The people shall decide the fate of their morals and convictions.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I think staffer might be the best bet.

Really hard to imagine any lawyer, whether justice or clerk, attacking SCOTUS/destroying his own career in this fashion.

Posts: 5722 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
from Kamala Harris

I'm confused. Who are these 'women' to which she eludes? And this nitwit and the rest like her don't give a damn about government overreach so long as that overreach coincides with their agenda. When it doesn't, oh my, the world is burning down. Please Kammy, if you're going to open your mouth, please confine it to something you've demonstrated an affinity for. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
What you're talking about is exactly what opens the door wide to the Federal government ruling from above. Cali has basically legalized theft and in most cases assault. Those are also crimes (some fatal) against people. Should Washington step in and legislate for all 57 states on this issue? The issue on If, where, when , and how, appears to be going back to state legislatures where IMO it belongs.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
While I wholeheartedly agree with you in principle and from my own PERSONAL religious aspect of the subject matter in question, I still believe it to be a "States' Rights" issue. The people shall decide the fate of their morals and convictions.

^^^ Sure, State's rights. But what do you imagine the federal government would do if a state said it was legal to kill your children up to the age of 10 for any reason? Do you think the feds might step in? And wouldn't the other states demand it?

We fought a civil war remember to end slavery in the Southern states. And frankly, the killing of 60 million babies and counting to me is a hell of a lot more evil than slavery.

The reality of course is that there will likely always be abortion, and the states will be the ones deciding the extent of it as you say.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ Sure, State's rights. But what do you imagine the federal government would do if a state said it was legal to kill your children up to the age of 10 for any reason? Do you think the feds might step in?
The Federal Government is ALREADY allowing the murder of babies post birth!! Living beings MURDERED because someone "doesn't want them". What the actual F***, OVER??? Who knows what upper age limit they would consider/condone before calling it MURDER?!?! It is TOTAL f***ing insanity!!!

Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal: Should Washington step in and legislate for all 57 states on this?

There’s part of a beer I’ll never get back. Big Grin

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^ Sure, State's rights. But what do you imagine the federal government would do if a state said it was legal to kill your children up to the age of 10 for any reason? Do you think the feds might step in? And wouldn't the other states demand it?

We fought a civil war remember to end slavery in the Southern states. And frankly, the killing of 60 million babies and counting to me is a hell of a lot more evil than slavery.

The reality of course is that there will likely always be abortion, and the state's will be the one's deciding the extent of it as you say.

That's a little extreme, don't you think?

Homicide is malum per se whereas abortion is malum prohibida. It's a policy issue and since no person has a monopoly on whether abortion is taking of a life or just a group of cells? No one has the 100% answer, even though religious groups believe they do but the truth is they just saying "I'm right because I have God on my side."

What if you don't believe in God?

Is a tomato seed a tomato?

I think abortion is a horrible idea and whether a state chooses to pass a moral based law or not is something they should decide. I would be just as opposed if the government passed a law that mandated a national right to abortion as I am in favor of the state deciding their own policies.

Posts: 4074 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
She reactivated the account.

It doesn't seem to be going so great...

https://twitter.com/duarteaman.../1521584754621136900

quote:
Citalopram
@Cumies_R_chunky
·
1h
Replying to
@duarteamanda
I know people on crack wouldn't say what you said lmfao

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just to keep perspective... folks around here call it the "War of Northern Aggression". Its a bunch of damn Yankee's demanding we do as they say. Or imposing their desires on the rest of us. There are more of them than us, so they impose their views.

At my age, I'm not all that concerned. I like babies, too. I've read that the vast majority of abortions are performed on minority folks. So maybe this is a racist thing, trying to keep "them" impoverished and "down". Another view is to keep the welfare dollars flowing. I've never heard of mandatory abortion.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

What if you don't believe in God?

Not everyone who believes murder is bad is religious. Nor are all people that believe a life begins at conception.

Is a tomato seed a tomato?

Is killing a tomato seed/plant immoral or illegal?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

That's a little extreme, don't you think?

No I don't.

quote:
It's a policy issue and since no person has a monopoly on whether abortion is taking of a life or just a group of cells? No one has the 100% answer,

Well, we know definitively through Science™ that a new life with unique DNA is created at conception. This is a scientific fact. Ergo, abortion is ending a life no matter at what point it is performed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I think if I were an atheist, I'd take offense every time someone implies religion is the basis for finding abortion immoral.

Year V

Posts: 2627 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sdy:
from Kamala Harris

Who are these 'women' to which she eludes? Roll Eyes

Now just a few days ago they had birthing people and preggo dudes all over the place. Now it is just a right to choose for the women? Roll Eyes

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post