SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
How about this? Abortions are legal but must be free and no one can make money nor profit on any aspect of it. How fast would the industry dry up in spite of their heralded principles of choice?

I'd rather see them require a hysterectomy once they have an abortion. I think that would make everyone involved in the abortion process think really hard about whether or not to continue the process. I know it's a pipe dream but I believe it would do more good than harm in the long run.

Good god, forced sterilization is a Nazi and CCP method. Any forced surgery on a human being is a crime against humanity. You are not helping.

Who said "Forced"? Don't get an abortion, no
hysterectomy. Its all about taking responsibility for your actions.

Don't do the crime if you cant do the time.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
How about this? Abortions are legal but must be free and no one can make money nor profit on any aspect of it. How fast would the industry dry up in spite of their heralded principles of choice?

I'd rather see them require a hysterectomy once they have an abortion.

Good god, forced sterilization is a Nazi and CCP method.

Who said "Forced"?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Interesting concept. “We’re going to help you out here and take your uterus as part of the abortion surgery. Then you’ll never need another abortion.”

It’s a feature, not a bug.

Only thing is, once the woman no longer has a uterus, is she no longer allowed to have an opinion?

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
A local commie has put a new twist on this in her campaign ads. Now it's not about abortion, it's about controlling women. Roll Eyes

Sadly, she'll likely be running against Zinke, and she may very well win. The few enclaves of liberalism in western MT have expanded with all of the out of state implants moving here. I'd estimate it's a toss-up now.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Assuming the draft eventually is the decision, the abortionists will just ramp up their pressure on the individual states to enact laws guaranteeing abortions are legal. One state Governor is already proposing to pay for the travel of females wanting abortions from his state if it votes to outlaw them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nancy Pelosi Defies Her Catholic Bishop, Receives Communion

https://www.lifenews.com/2022/...ral-catholic-church/

In defiance of her own Archbishop’s decision to deny her communion because of her aggressive promotion of abortion, new reports indicate Nancy Pelosi received communion yesterday at a liberal Catholic church in Washington.

As LifeNews reported, Cordileone said he formally notified U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi this week that she can no longer be allowed communion because she is no longer in communion with the Catholic Church by virtue of her repeatedly promoting abortion. Cordileone, who serves Pelosi’s home district of San Francisco, said he informed the congresswoman of his decision Thursday after repeated attempts to speak with her about the “grave evil” that she is supporting.

Just days later, Pelosi is already in violation of the communion restriction.

According to Politico, Pelosi was noticed at the church and it confirmed she received the sacrament.

“SPOTTED: Speaker NANCY PELOSI at the 9 a.m. Mass at Holy Trinity in Georgetown, where she was given communion,” it reported.

There is no indication which priest provided communion to the pro-abortion extremist but, before he took over the White House, Joe Biden learned he could get communion at the Jesuit church.

Father Kevin Gillespie of the Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Georgetown confirmed he would be happy giving communion to Biden despite his lengthy pro-abortion record. Gillespie told America Magazine that Biden attends Holy Trinity sometimes when he is in Washington, D.C., and he is “a man of faith.”

“Everyone is welcome,” the priest said. “He’s a man of faith, and I would give Communion to him like any other Catholic coming up for the Eucharist.”

When Pelosi returns to her vacation property in California, she will not be able to receive communion. After Cordileone decision, Pelosi’s bishop in the diocese where she has her vacation home says he has instructed parish priests to implement the decision and refuse her communion if and when she visits their church.

Now, other bishops are speaking out in support, saying the decision is correct because it was Pelosi’s decision to extricate herself from communion with the Catholic Church by virtue of her aggressive pro-abortion agenda.

Pelosi professes to be a devout Catholic but supports the killing of unborn babies in abortions up to birth and wants to force taxpayers to pay for their deaths.

In a letter published Friday on the archdiocese website, Cordileone explained his decision to deny communion to the Democrat leader:

“After numerous attempts to speak with her to help her understand the grave evil she is perpetrating, the scandal she is causing, and the danger to her own soul she is risking, I have determined that the point has come in which I must make a public declaration that she is not to be admitted to Holy Communion unless and until she publicly repudiate her support for abortion ‘rights’ and confess and receive absolution for her cooperation in this evil in the sacrament of Penance.”

The archbishop stressed that his decision is “pastoral, not political” and he did not find any pleasure in it. Cordileone said he also has been praying for Pelosi and urging others to join him in the hopes that she will repent and recognize the value of all human life.

Pelosi, a Democrat leader, often mentions her Catholic faith while supporting radical pro-abortion policies that most Americans oppose. Under her leadership, the U.S. House passed a radical pro-abortion bill last fall that would legalize abortions for basically any reason up to birth nation-wide even if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

At the time, Cordileone said the legislation amounts to “child sacrifice” and chastised Catholic politicians who support it. He said the bill is what “one would expect from a devout Satanist, not a devout Catholic.”

A few days later, Pelosi laughed at the archbishop’s statement at a press conference, saying she and Cordileone “have a disagreement about who should decide this.”

This week, Cordileone said he has received many letters from concerned Catholics about Pelosi misleading the public about abortion. And for a long time, he said he tried to be cautious, giving Pelosi the chance to repent and making attempts to talk with her before taking any action.

However, Cordileone said Pelosi’s continuous refusal to repent, her increasingly extreme pro-abortion actions and her public contempt for even Pope Francis’s pro-life teachings prompted him to act.

He thanked everyone who has joined him in praying for Pelosi through the Rose and Rosary for Nancy Campaign and asked people to continue praying for her change of heart.

Cordileone also encouraged people support pro-life advocates who help pregnant mothers in crisis through the archdiocese Stand With Moms programs.

“May God grant us the grace to be true advocates for the dignity of human life, in every stage and condition of life, and to accompany, support and love women who otherwise would be alone and afraid at a most vulnerable time in their lives,” the archbishop said.

Many U.S. bishops and priests have expressed concerns that pro-abortion Catholic politicians like Pelosi and President Joe Biden are “creating scandal” for the Catholic Church by encouraging evil. They have said the church must do something to make it clear that Catholics cannot support the killing of unborn babies in abortions and must repent before participating in Communion.

Among other things, Pelosi wants to force taxpayers to pay for elective abortions and force nuns who serve the poor and elderly to cover contraception that may cause abortions in their employee health plans. Once, she even called late-term abortions “sacred ground.”

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good god, forced sterilization is a Nazi and CCP method. Any forced surgery on a human being is a crime against humanity. You are not helping.

Nobody is making a woman get an abortion. That’s what makes this so beautiful. It will require deep thought and makes the woman responsible for not just now, but the future as well. What’s the issue?

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

In defiance of her own Archbishop’s decision to deny her communion because of her aggressive promotion of abortion, new reports indicate Nancy Pelosi received communion yesterday at a liberal Catholic church in Washington.

She's not fooling anybody (that matters).

Galations 6:7: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

She will have to stand before God and give an account for what she's done with her life, as well as what she's done with her great power and authority. I truly pity that woman for what she will experience that day.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

She's not fooling anybody (that matters).

Galations 6:7: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

She will have to stand before God and give an account for what she's done with her life, as well as what she's done with her great power and authority. I truly pity that woman for what she will experience that day.

Old Nancy probably has a deal with the guy downstairs, more her ilk, and she’ll fit right in. Ole Lucifer will love another playmate.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
She is in a state of grave mortal sin, and receiving the body of Christ when not in a state of grace is imperiling her soul. The archbishop by prohibiting her from receiving communion was actually doing it for her benefit. It is an act of mercy. The fact that she would so cavalierly disregard this and show absolutely no contrition reveals just how little regard she actually has for the Catholic faith.

This might sound like religious nonsense to non-believers, but it is what Catholics are taught and believe. Pelosi is not a Catholic. I wouldn't even call her a Christian. She should be excommunicated.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

She is in a state of grave mortal sin, and receiving the body of Christ when not in a state of grace is imperiling her soul. The archbishop by prohibiting her from receiving communion was actually doing it for her benefit. It is an act of mercy. The fact that she would so cavalierly disregard this and show absolutely no contrition reveals just how little regard she actually has for the Catholic faith.

This might sound like religious nonsense to non-believers, but it is what Catholics are taught and believe. Pelosi is not a Catholic. I wouldn't even call her a Christian. She should be excommunicated.
You're saying that the Catholics should get rid of her. Cool!

We don't want her, either. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
You're saying that the Catholics should get rid of her. Cool!

We don't want her, either. Wink
We excommunicate at the ballot box (if not cheated).

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I doubt she will lose at the ballot box

As for her other issues, she will get what is coming to her.

The fact that she continues to take the benefits of being a catholic knowing full well she isn’t is another matter.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Apparently those of us in OKlahoma and Texas are deplorables, or something like that.

This is disgusting.

The SF Chronicle editorial board is demanding the Pope remove the Arch Bishop. LINK TO LUNACY IN SAN FRANCISCO

Those people are truly twisted. Will California turn into a modern day Sodom & Gomorrah?

Isaiah 5:20
King James Version
20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

SF Examiner editorial board demands Pope remove archbishop who barred Pelosi from communion over abortion.

The San Francisco Examiner's editorial board wrote a scathing rebuke of the city’s archbishop, Salvatore Cordileone, after he announced he would deny Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Holy Communion, over her staunch support for abortion.
Cordileone wrote to the Pelosi on Friday, warning her that she cannot receive Communion, while vowing to codify Roe v. Wade.

"You are not to present yourself for Holy Communion and, should you do so, you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion," he wrote.

In response, the liberal editorial board blasted the Catholic leader for "punishing" Pelosi, instead of "right-wing politicians" who "[vote] against health care or funding for the poor."

They defended Pelosi as a leader who has "consistently fought on the morally right side of these issues," and praised her as a role model for women..

The editorial board argued that by denying Pelosi Holy Communion, the archbishop wasn’t being loyal to Christ.

"Cordileone’s chief loyalty is not to Christ, but to the cabal of far-right American bishops led by Raymond Leo Burke, a Catholic prelate who has led a continual campaign to undermine Pope Francis’ authority," they wrote, before demanding the Pope remove the "radical conservative" from San Francisco.

"We repeat the call for Pope Francis to remove him and replace him with a leader who can unify rather than divide. Cordileone’s radical conservative politics might attract more people to the faith in places like Oklahoma or Texas, but his partisan pomposity will win no converts in San Francisco," the editorial board complained.

The Examiner ended their editorial by praising Pelosi's Catholicism, compared to the archbishop's.

"It is Nancy Pelosi, not Archbishop Cordileone, who reflects the true spirit of Christian care in the City of St. Francis," the board wrote.

In 2021, Cordileone signaled he opposed President Biden receiving communion for his pro-choice stance.

"If you find that you are unwilling or unable to abandon your advocacy for abortion, you should not come forward to receive Holy Communion," the archbishop wrote in a pastoral letter that did not specify Biden or Pelosi by name.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I doubt that the Pope will pay much attention to outcries from anyone in San Francisco. Nor should he.

flashguy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Religions have rules. You can create your own rules, but when you do so, your change of the rules creates a sect. Nancy Pelosi is either a Roman Catholic, or she is not, and unless things have really changed since I was brought up as a Catholic, if you support abortion, you go against one of the core tenets of the Catholic Church.

To faithful Catholics who practice their religion with a true heart, receiving the Eucharist during communion is a solemn thing, as it represents the body and blood of Jesus Christ. The very name of this rite- communion- signifies union with Christ.

Everything about Nancy Pelosi is false. Her words disguise a viscous, purely partisan and self-serving nature. She received communion not as atonement for the nature of man and for her sins and for a union with Christ, but simply as a big "screw you, I'll show you".

Heathen though I've become, I'm more of a Christian than Nancy Pelosi. While I've moved past the concept that a conscious God knows what is in your heart, that is what Catholics are supposed to believe, and the fact that she supports the murder of the unborn- all because her political party supports it- and goes against the directives of a bishop of the church simply as a matter of ego and petty defiance, indicates quite clearly that she is a complete fraud.

I take comfort in the fact that she'll be dead soon and if ever I have the opportunity, I'll piss on this vile bitch's grave.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I doubt that the Pope will pay much attention to outcries from anyone in San Francisco. Nor should he.

I disagree. He should fervently rebuke the Chronicle and affirm the Bishop.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
She is in a state of grave mortal sin, and receiving the body of Christ when not in a state of grace is imperiling her soul. ...

This might sound like religious nonsense to non-believers, but it is what Catholics are taught and believe. ...
Yup.

Had a Catholic GF once-upon-a-time. We went to one-of-another Church service. Communion was given. When she did not get up I asked her about it. She told me she could not accept Communion because, as a result of her relationship with me, she was not living in a state of grace.

Fallen Catholic she may have been, but at least she still abided by the rules of the Church.

Nancy Pelosi, well, the rules simply don't apply to her.

She thinks.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well said, Balzé Halzé.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-records-affidavits/

The Supreme Court’s probe into the leaked draft abortion opinion has reportedly intensified into requiring law clerks to hand over phone records and sign affidavits.

“Some clerks are apparently so alarmed over the moves, particularly the sudden requests for private cell data, that they have begun exploring whether to hire outside counsel,” CNN reported. It is not clear what scope, content, or time period the affidavits and cell phone search may cover.

The reported escalation into cell phone data and affidavits indicate the court has not found the leaker. Cell phone data may be a key to discovering the leaker’s identity.

Both hard copies and electronic copies of draft opinions were likely circulated within the court from Justice Samuel Alito’s February 11 draft opinion. The leaked draft was probably distributed among the court’s clerks and staffers of the nine justices. The number of individuals who likely had access to the leaked opinion may be over 60 people.

Chief Justice John Roberts reportedly held a group meeting with the court’s law clerks, but it is unknown if any individual interviews have occurred to discover who leaked the draft opinion on May 2. Roberts initiated the probe on May 3 by designating the marshal of the court, Gail Curley, as the lead.

“This was a singular and egregious breach of that trust that is an affront to the Court and the community of public servants who work here,” Roberts said in a press release.

“To the extent this betrayal of the confidences of the Court was intended to undermine the integrity of our operations, it will not succeed,” Roberts wrote. “The work of the Court will not be affected in any way.”

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post