SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Nancy’s meltdown is epic

Her tears will pollute the Potomac.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
My company put out an email denouncing the decision. They literally said that scotus took away a fundamental right. I drafted a response explaining the role of scotus and that they don’t grant nor take away rights. I deleted it. Probably would lose my job for criticizing the woke leftist corporate asses.

They also basically said they will pay for employees to travel for abortion.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
My company put out an email denouncing the decision. They literally said that scotus took away a fundamental right. I drafted a response explaining the role of scotus and that they don’t grant nor take away rights. I deleted it. Probably would lose my job for criticizing the woke leftist corporate asses.

Sounds like you and your wife need to travel to San Diego annually for an abortion. Or are they not paying travel/room/board?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Yay for states' rights!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I am not sure whether I am more gratified by the decision, or by seeing much gnashing of teeth and rending of garments by the left. The tantrums will be epic. Trump must be chortling.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well if you didn't already know, at least you know exactly where your employer and the executive staff stand on political issues, and to keep your political and gun stance to yourself.....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The presence of these harridans is like stepping barefooted on a Lego piece.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Lawyer Hans Mahncke explains why there is so much confusion re 6-3 or 5-4

https://twitter.com/HansMahnck.../1540361505878704129

Roberts is causing massive confusion among the stenographer class who can't figure out if it's a 5-4 or a 6-3 decision. He starts off by stating that he concurs in the judgment. But every word that follows dissents from the judgment. Does that make it a concurrence or a dissent?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

a person comments : " It's what we call a "roberts" "

shipwreckedcrew : The only thing that matters is his vote.

Those people are stupid. Concurs in the judgment is all you need to know. That means he agrees with and voted for that result.

Sort of like if I go to McDonalds by driving down Main Street and turned right on Maple Street, and you went down State Street and turned left on Maple Street. We are still both at McDonalds.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
What's not being said is that companies are saving money on not having to pay for pregnancy-related healthcare & maternity/parental leave? Encouraging female employees to get an abortion is a cost-cutter.

quote:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Seems to me a woman has “choice” at several decision points before deciding to abort a baby. The decision on whether or not to allow abortion, and if so, under what conditions, was merely returned to the states. The reason abortion is not nearly as controversial in the UK is because the issue was decided legislatively, rather than judicially.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
So sad...you cant use abortion as birth control any more??

Dont fret, you can certainly use your personality to prevent conception!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The presence of these harridans is like stepping barefooted on a Lego piece.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Maybe don't be a disgusting cum bucket with a hundred or more sexual partners effectively destroying your ability to pair bond when you're done "finding yourself".
Maybe try that?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RazorFist offers his opinion on the ruling in his unique and impressive style (on yootoob) -

Abortion is Aborted in 196th Trimester - Razör Rants

Posts: 3480 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to wonder if threatening the justices is really the most effective way to influence them? Big Grin

"Reap the whirlwind", Chuckie.

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE

They also basically said they will pay for employees to travel for abortion.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you and your wife need to travel to San Diego annually for an abortion. Or are they not paying travel/room/board?[/QUOTE]

Brings up a question. Under ADA reasonable accommodations for a disability. If you are paying for travel to and from a state that abortion is legal and the associated medical costs for the procedure would it be discriminatory not to offer the same travel package to non pregnant women?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8107 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I believe the same 'travel package' should be available to men that 'identify' as pregnant as well... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post