SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Everything about Nancy Pelosi is false. Her words disguise a viscous, purely partisan and self-serving nature. She received communion not as atonement for the nature of man and for her sins and for a union with Christ, but simply as a big "screw you, I'll show you".

Hers is the spirit of rebellion and selfishness. Those are Lucifer's traits and why he could never have the glory he sought.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Nancy Pelosi Defies Her Catholic Bishop, Receives Communion

https://www.lifenews.com/2022/...ral-catholic-church/

In defiance of her own Archbishop’s decision to deny her communion because of her aggressive promotion of abortion, new reports indicate Nancy Pelosi received communion yesterday at a liberal Catholic church in Washington.

I'm willing to bet this is the first time in a long time she's received communion. She did it just to prove to the Archbishop of San Francisco that she can go around him.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

https://www.lifenews.com/2022/...ral-catholic-church/

In defiance of her own Archbishop’s decision to deny her communion because of her aggressive promotion of abortion, new reports indicate Nancy Pelosi received communion yesterday at a liberal Catholic church in Washington.

I'm willing to bet this is the first time in a long time she's received communion. She did it just to prove to the Archbishop of San Francisco that she can go around him.

The Authority on all things Catholic has spoken, Whoopi Goldberg, she played a Nun in Sister Act, “The Bishop has no right to deny Nancy.”

A Spanish Priest, (Probably White Hispanic aka racist) disagrees with Whoopi.

https://www.catholicnewsagency...pelosi-and-communion

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-records-affidavits/

The Supreme Court’s probe into the leaked draft abortion opinion has reportedly intensified into requiring law clerks to hand over phone records and sign affidavits.

“Some clerks are apparently so alarmed over the moves, particularly the sudden requests for private cell data, that they have begun exploring whether to hire outside counsel,” CNN reported. It is not clear what scope, content, or time period the affidavits and cell phone search may cover.

The reported escalation into cell phone data and affidavits indicate the court has not found the leaker. Cell phone data may be a key to discovering the leaker’s identity.

Both hard copies and electronic copies of draft opinions were likely circulated within the court from Justice Samuel Alito’s February 11 draft opinion. The leaked draft was probably distributed among the court’s clerks and staffers of the nine justices. The number of individuals who likely had access to the leaked opinion may be over 60 people.

Chief Justice John Roberts reportedly held a group meeting with the court’s law clerks, but it is unknown if any individual interviews have occurred to discover who leaked the draft opinion on May 2. Roberts initiated the probe on May 3 by designating the marshal of the court, Gail Curley, as the lead.

“This was a singular and egregious breach of that trust that is an affront to the Court and the community of public servants who work here,” Roberts said in a press release.

“To the extent this betrayal of the confidences of the Court was intended to undermine the integrity of our operations, it will not succeed,” Roberts wrote. “The work of the Court will not be affected in any way.”

As far as I understand, this is not a criminal investigation because leaking the draft my not technically be illegal. Rather, it is an employee misconduct investigation. Last I checked, no staffer or clerk is entitled to a job at the Supreme Court, and violating their terms of employment is punishable up to and including dismissal. Failure to follow ethics about confidentiality may lead to disbarment but that is administrative and not criminal. Failure to comply with an investigation is grounds for dismissal, and I don't think you are entitled to legal representation during misconduct investigations. I may be wrong about that - people represented by unions get representation, and some staffers might be unionized, but I doubt the clerks are.

In any case, government issued phones are certainly within limits. Failure to turn one over or erasing the phone before turning it in should result in dismissal. I'm not sure about personal phones. I would not turn my personal phone over to HR without a court order nor do I think anyone else should.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
A Spanish Priest, (Probably White Hispanic aka racist) disagrees with Whoopi.
If you asked me if I disagreed with Whoopi, without giving me the question at hand or her response to it, my answer what be unquestionably...Yes. It's always the best course of action to disagree with everything that falls out of that empty head.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Can the Archbishop defrock the priests in that liberal church?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Night Of Rage" Flyers Spotted In DC Ahead Of Roe v. Wade Decision

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-roe-v-wade-decision

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107606 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"If abortions aren't safe, you're not either".

Not so much a non sequitur but rather evidence.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:

As far as I understand, this is not a criminal investigation because leaking the draft my not technically be illegal. Rather, it is an employee misconduct investigation. Last I checked, no staffer or clerk is entitled to a job at the Supreme Court, and violating their terms of employment is punishable up to and including dismissal. Failure to follow ethics about confidentiality may lead to disbarment but that is administrative and not criminal. Failure to comply with an investigation is grounds for dismissal, and I don't think you are entitled to legal representation during misconduct investigations. I may be wrong about that - people represented by unions get representation, and some staffers might be unionized, but I doubt the clerks are.

In any case, government issued phones are certainly within limits. Failure to turn one over or erasing the phone before turning it in should result in dismissal. I'm not sure about personal phones. I would not turn my personal phone over to HR without a court order nor do I think anyone else should.

While leaking the draft opinion may not be a crime I bet they could make something stick if the perpetrator lies to investigators during the course of their investigation. And good luck becoming a member of the bar - I’m only familiar with Florida but the character and fitness investigation is very thorough and unforgiving.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Abortion is to healthcare what slavery was to job creation.
- Darrell B. Harrison

Abortion is the 'civil rights' issue of our time. It's tearing our country apart, just as slavery did.

There are other similarities such as the imposition of a national solution to the question, precluding federalism.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
The Supreme Court just announced that, in addition to tomorrow, they will also be handing down decisions this Friday.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Drop it in there on a Friday evening, no one will even notice. Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107606 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
And good luck becoming a member of the bar - I’m only familiar with Florida but the character and fitness investigation is very thorough and unforgiving.

There’s always New Mexico. Wink

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://justthenews.com/govern...overturns-roe-v-wade

Supreme Court overrules Roe v. Wade in Mississippi abortion case

By Sophie Mann
Updated: June 24, 2022 - 10:14am

The Supreme Court released a decision Friday that strikes down the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade case, which, for nearly half-a-century has offered a constitutional protection to a woman's right to an abortion.

The majority opinion, which was issued in the Mississippi case of Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health, was written by Justice Samuel Alito.

The decision was 5-4 according to CNN.

The decision overturns Roe and subsequent the 1992 Planned Parenthood v. Casey decision, which largely upheld the initial right.

"Roe was egregiously wrong from the start," wrote Alito in a first draft of the now official decision that was leaked in early May. "It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives."

The unprecedented leak of the opinion to Politico sent the nation, the high court, and Washington, D.C. into a frenzy as activist groups, politicians, and everyday Americans grappled with the weight of the decision.

Q

Posts: 26392 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Lock and load.

Posts: 20107 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Great news.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Time for mostly peaceful fires.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

She's not fooling anybody (that matters).

Galations 6:7: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

She will have to stand before God and give an account for what she's done with her life, as well as what she's done with her great power and authority. I truly pity that woman for what she will experience that day.

She isn't a very good Catholic, is she?

She has, as is usual for her, substituted her own judgment for the judgment of those actually in authority. If she had any principles, she would declare that since she cannot follow the teachings of Catholicism that she renounces Catholicism and join a church whose teachings are consistent with her actual beliefs.

She can't make a credible case that she is trying to change the Catholic church from within. This is, as I understand it, a core tenet of the church and is not something that will change, and especially not under the pressure of one ordinary lay member of the church.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post