SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Confidence in the future

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6287 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Report This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Cat food.

Wasabi almonds (I call them crack cocaine).

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6020 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Things are getting weird over in the UK:

Sorry we're out of salad. . . but here's some chocolate! Supermarkets pack fresh food aisles with sweets and Lynx and fill chillers with HP Sauce and salad cream in bizarre bid to disguise empty shelves

---Supermarkets in Britain have been caught piling salad cream, HP sauce and cooking oil into chillers
---Asda filled empty shelves with Lynx deodorant and Co-op put chocolate boxes in fruit and veg section
---One in three retailers are expecting prices to increase over the next three months amid cost pressures
---Britain's supply chain crisis continues to escalate amid growing fears over a lack of goods coming in

Twitter user Stuart Turner posted this picture on September 17 of his local Co-Op having put salad cream in the fridges

Supermarkets have been mocked for filling gaps on shelves with bizarre items to make stores look less bare. Pictured: A Co-op store in Hertfordshire, where chocolate bags of Quality Street and Celebrations are replacing fruits and vegetables

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Oilfield labor and supplies.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
We went to Back Yard Burger this afternoon. Our drinks were in plain white styrofoam cups with super skinny straws.

I'm also noticing more and more gas stations with "Out of Order" on many of their pumps.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I had peripherally noticed articles about the chicken wing shortage. Honestly haven’t even paid attention until today when I tried to pick some up and there were no fresh ones available in two stores.

Did we start growing wingless chickens or something?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12344 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I had peripherally noticed articles about the chicken wing shortage. Honestly haven’t even paid attention until today when I tried to pick some up and there were no fresh ones available in two stores.

Even wing restaurants have had a hard time getting wings. They've started offering "Buffalo Thighs" instead.

Posts: 32407 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Buffalo thighs? Sounds like an insult.

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits. The link and patties are there but any kind of biscuit is MIA. The cases are bare in multiple stores.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
9 Volt Batteries, and pretty much any batteries.

Got home late last night and one of the smoke alarms was chirping. The 3 are new, they were installed in April.

I figured I didn’t want to go to sleep with a nonfunctional combo smoke/carbon monoxide detector so I decided to go buy a few new 9 Volt batteries.

It’s after 11pm and the only place open nearby within a short driving distance is the local 24 hour Walgreens.

I got the one package left, a 2 battery pack store brand Walgreens.

I’ll go buy a larger pack soon to have on hand for the New Years Day annual replacement.

I was in Walmart last week and noticed they were low on selections. I really don’t like those leaky copper top 9 volts but Costco always seems to have stock.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
No paper towels or toilet paper at Costco yesterday

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Posts: 32407 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
9 Volt Batteries, and pretty much any batteries.

Got home late last night and one of the smoke alarms was chirping. The 3 are new, they were installed in April....

My smoke alarms somehow have batteries that only die in the middle of the night. Just happened with one a few weeks ago. I switched to the lithium battery powered model that has a 10-year battery life and beeps when it's time to discard the detector and replace with a new one. I didn't think it was a bad deal for $20.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Tony Chachere's Bold seasoning. Went to three grocery stores today and none to be fond. Checked two stores a few counties over last week and came up empty. Plenty of the regular though.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Apple cider vinegar.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

I know, right?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Okay, call me a hoarder or whatever ... but know that I live in a household of three adult women.

I have two years of toilet paper (from Costco) stored in the garage.

About the only thing in this house I have gotten right according to the women here.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
Okay, call me a hoarder or whatever ... but know that I live in a household of three adult women.

I have two years of toilet paper (from Costco) stored in the garage.

About the only thing in this house I have gotten right according to the women here.

They may come to appreciate the ammo later.

~Robert A. Heinlein

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

If a man is alone in the forest and he says something, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30526 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

If a man is alone in the forest and he says something, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

A man can say something in the forest with no one within 12 miles to hear, but some dang Chihuahua dog 15 miles away will bark bark bark.

That's a fact, Jack.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post