SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
I was in the grocery store today and noticed a lot of shelves were somewhat empty, but the section with the packaged lunch meat was almost completely bare.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Vinyl siding

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Canada Dry Bold Ginger Ale

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolria:
Satin and semi gloss paint. Trying to get my house painted and it's out or hard to get everywhere right now locally. Believe it or not we can't get pro-biotics for our dog that needs them for stomach issues. So strange the random crap that is unavailable.
As a courier I transfer paint from one Sherwin-Williams store to another. Most are all but out of actual paint.

I'm repainting 2 rooms that were done in SW originally. Can't get paint from SW, but Lowe's has plenty of HGTV paint by SW

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Nutter butter cookies. In fact the cookie aisle at my local Kroger has been bare for weeks. Soups seem to be running pretty thin right now too. For some reason crackers also seem to be in very short supply. Oyster, Salteen, you name it, bare shelves. I heard a customer complaining today about not being able to get Cheeto's for weeks. The butcher area has also been closed although you can buy packaged meat. Seafood was short for a while but that seems back.

I ran into the Kroger manger today and he said he's actually considering re-arranging aisles temporarily to fill the empty spaces. It's really odd the items that are short.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Turkey Bacon and Sausage. My wife and I went to three different stores, nada. Does not bother us, we eat the real stuff. The rest of the family has to suck it up.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
* For the coffee sno …, afficionados: Yes, the fact that I like them is indeed proof that I don’t like the taste of coffee. So there. Razz

I took a wine tasting class in college. The guy actual taught us a lot about wine, but he was clear that at the end of the day almost all this stuff is irrelevant. What matters is what *you* like the taste of, not what is rated as a good wine. I see no reason why the same logic shouldn’t be applied to coffee. Besides, if we all liked the same stuff life might get boring.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
G-Spec US Flags. Nylon, 3.5 x 6.6. I've had two vendors return funds. Another has been holding funds for about 3 weeks. Price keeps going up with each new search.

Try your US congressman's office online. Most offer them flown over the capital building and not flown. They're available in different sizes nylon or cotton.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Report This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
409 stone and steel

Posts: 4014 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
quote:
G-Spec US Flags. Nylon, 3.5 x 6.6. I've had two vendors return funds. Another has been holding funds for about 3 weeks. Price keeps going up with each new search.

Try your US congressman's office online. Most offer them flown over the capital building and not flown. They're available in different sizes nylon or cotton.

Is nylon or cotton better?

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Cat food

Yup. Weirdly enough: Cat food. My wife just mentioned this to me a couple days ago.

It's all being diverted to South Africa. The Prawns have lessened about Amazon.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I'm a cabinet maker and cant get hinges and drawer slides it's been three months since I have seen one. also paint and lacquer is tough to find. had a shortage of good plywood but thats not as bad now.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Report This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I'm a cabinet maker and cant get hinges and drawer slides it's been three months since I have seen one. also paint and lacquer is tough to find. had a shortage of good plywood but thats not as bad now.

I have a friend who owns a manufacturing company. One of his primary products is drawer slides. I was talking to him last week and he said it's been like pulling teeth to get raw materials. He said his last order of steel, they were only able to get him 1/4 of what he asked for, and it took weeks longer than normal.

Posts: 8559 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Report This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
Canada Dry Bold Ginger Ale
Same. 1/2 Bold+1/2 pineapple juice was the only sustenance I had with coronavirus because I could taste it.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
According to the bone head phone monkey at Casey's corporate office in Iowa,
Deep fat fryers and parts for them don't exist anywhere in the universe.

Meanwhile
I walked by 26 of them at the local Wal Mart

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
V8 Energy Drinks. Can't find them anywhere. And I sure have looked.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Ivermectin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Drywall corner bead and small sheet metal screws.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
quote:

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

OKCGene. I've always thought Nylon was more weather and wind resistant, but I may be wrong.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Report This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I'm in the middle of a remodel. It was a nightmare finding high quality prefinished hardwood flooring that we could get in less than six months.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Report This Post