SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wallymart dot com shows to have Sriracha available to order, if you want some I'd check there first and just have it delivered.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^
I probably should seek out some fresh Sriracha as my current bottle is, "best before May, 2019". That puts mine into the "still pretty damn good by June, 2022". Maybe if they cut the size of their bottles in half for a year... Roll Eyes
But I know that wouldn't go over well for those that use it like ketchup. Razz

Update: Happened to be by a Walmart today. Walked out w/ their last bottle. 9 oz. for $1.98. It should last me a few yrs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Brake pads.... not sure when they will be available. May need to switch to unknown brand.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just left Krogers. A lady was complaining that she had been to 4 separate Krogers looking for tampons and could not find any. Not something we use in our household but could be a real problem for the Dems if it continues.

I sure don’t want to mess with any ladies that need them and don’t have them.

Posts: 322 | Location: S/W Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2005Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
You should have told her to look in the Men's Room.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Brake pads.... not sure when they will be available. May need to switch to unknown brand.

You shouldn't have to compromise on safety...What vehicle?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gaf:
Just left Krogers. A lady was complaining that she had been to 4 separate Krogers looking for tampons and could not find any. Not something we use in our household but could be a real problem for the Dems if it continues.

I sure don’t want to mess with any ladies that need them and don’t have them.

Heard on the radio last night that there’s a National shortage of such products. Playtex cites “increased demand” as the reason, at least according to the talking head. Right. It’s a reman problem, not a supply problem. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:

Yup, I tend to try to overbuy for additional safety margins where I can. Brakes, tires, etc.

2000 Lexus gs300. Trying to get akebono performance pads. I’ve been using them for years and multiple cars. 6+ front/rear pairs and been a stellar performer for me. Stopping and fade resistance. They stop better when hot (1 hard brake).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
No Sriracha here either… SF member old Dino scored a bunch of bottles recently. Razz

Not that big a deal really; similar reasons but my favorite hot sauce… But I do enjoy it in pho/broth

Yup ... got lucky and scored four 9 oz bottles and four 17 oz bottles of Sriracha sauce. Youngest daughter and I are big fans and use Sriracha on a lot of different foods. Also have Sriracha seasoning and a couple recipes for homemade.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Report This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Wallymart dot com shows to have Sriracha available to order, if you want some I'd check there first and just have it delivered.

Damn ... I just looked at Walmart online and they want $7.85 for a 9 oz bottle with $9.99 shipping.

I paid $1.99 for a 9 oz bottle and $3.79 for the 17 oz bottle a few days ago.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Report This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:

Damn ... I just looked at Walmart online and they want $7.85 for a 9 oz bottle with $9.99 shipping.

I paid $1.99 for a 9 oz bottle and $3.79 for the 17 oz bottle a few days ago.
They don’t, a third party seller does.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^ Wallymart must have just sold out.

When I looked earlier it was something like $3.99 and pickup curbside at the local wallymart.

Yeah, 3rd party vendor now, they know it and they are trying to hit a home run on prices.

EDIT: I just looked again. 2 of the wallymart grocery stores (not the supercenters) near me show to have it in stock, $3.78 for 28 ounce jar. The Hot Chili Sauce.

I don't use it myself, maybe I should try to pick some up in the morning.

Try searching for instock at a store near you, if it's available, click on buy and whip out the credit card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OKCGene,

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:

2000 Lexus gs300. Trying to get akebono performance pads. I’ve been using them for years and multiple cars. 6+ front/rear pairs and been a stellar performer for me. Stopping and fade resistance. They stop better when hot (1 hard brake).

RockAuto appears to have what you seek... Wink

AKEBONO ASP619A Perf Ultra Premium (Front w/ Stainless Hdwre) - In Stock @ $57.79 --> https://www.rockauto.com/en/mo...6&cc=1363542&pt=1684
AKEBONO ASP771 Perf Ultra Premium (Rear) - In Stock @ $46.79 --> https://www.rockauto.com/en/mo...0&cc=1363542&pt=1684

Other sources:

Tire Rack - ASP771 In Stock
Amazon - ASP771 In Stock

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Perfect Storm: Abbott Baby Formula Plant Halts Production After 9 Days Due To Flooding

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-9-days-due-flooding

The company at the center of the ongoing baby formula shortage, Abbott, has once again halted production at its Sturgis, Michigan plant, after severe storms caused flooding inside the facility, the company sad in a statement.

The news comes less than two weeks after the plant, which makes EleCare formula, restarted after a months-long closure over contaminated equipment, combined with a slow response from the Biden administration once the problem was solved.

"Severe thunderstorms and heavy rains came through southwestern Michigan on Monday evening, resulting in high winds, hail, power outages and flood damage throughout the area," Abbott said in a Wednesday night statement."As a result, Abbott has stopped production of its EleCare specialty formula that was underway to assess damage caused by the storm and clean and re-sanitize the plant. We have informed FDA and will conduct comprehensive testing in conjunction with the independent third party to ensure the plant is safe to resume production. This will likely delay production and distribution of new product for a few weeks."

The Sturgis plant - one of just three major manufacturers in the country - was shuttered in February over a suspected bacterial contamination due to improperly maintained drying equipment, causing a nationwide baby formula shortage.

FDA Commissioner Robert Califf said on Wednesday that Abbott's CEO told him he wants the plant "up and running again as quickly as possible" (as opposed to what?).

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Screw of it and screw the FDA… They’re in together in a kickback game where 85% of money is made on WIC (Abbott monopoly) get refunded back to the goobers.

The goobers 100% created this problem and don’t know how to fix it.

Time to clean house. Women breast-feed your children or get some goats.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Finding the only litter my cat will use is difficult right now. He won't use anything else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Re: Sriracha

The Sriracha Shortage

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No Tampon shortage in the mens room at work. Panty liners too if you're in need.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I have been have trouble finding my pups food, almost anything from "The Honest Kitchen".

On top of that, she is partially raw fed, and she gets 1 or 2 chicken paw/feet with her meals, and NO ONE has any! Can you believe that?

Also sardines in water are had to come by. Along with pumpkin puree.

All are foodstuffs that my pup eats everyday/regularly. It's been this way for months, but the chicken paw/feet have gotten worse. I have gone to 3 Krogers and 2 Walmart everyday for a week and a half and no joy! Never seen anything like this!

ARman

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
^^^ I was able to get pumpkin at Smith's (a Kroger store) here today. Although it was the small cans, rather than the big'uns. I got 16 to add to my collection of a dozen(ish) from last week. My dogs need it. In this case, I think it's about the timing.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post