SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just the white trash ones.

All kidding aside, I suspect the cracker manufacturers have just pared back production to focus on a more narrow selection of better-selling products. I could see oyster crackers being kind of a niche market.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Just the white trash ones.

All kidding aside, I suspect the cracker manufacturers have just pared back production to focus on a more narrow selection of better-selling products. I could see oyster crackers being kind of a niche market.

Major purchasers of oyster crackers were restaurants.

No mas …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Eggs are short now, chickens are sick. They had signs up in the mostly empty egg cooler. I bought 1 dozen brown ‘free range’ eggs, $3.00.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
“Eat moar chiken …”

My hens laid 21 eggs last few days … yummy

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Egg Noodles

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Cheez Its

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
My hens laid 21 eggs last few days … yummy

And they beat the hell out of store-bought eggs.

Luckily, I'm good friends with someone with a bunch of chickens and ducks. I get 12-18 farm fresh eggs every few weeks.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I’ve been waiting 6 or 7 weeks on a couple plain insulated garage doors (12’ tall but still?)

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oyster Crackers ????

I just got a deal on Amazon on "Westminster Bakers Co. New England Original" 1828 Naturally Good Oyster Crackers.

Little individual helping size baggie, maybe a short handful.

IIRC 50 bags in delivered in a box for around $18 2 days after order.

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Pasta seems to be in shortest supply of all our consumables, especially spaghetti.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15565 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Pepperoni rolls are big in my area of WV. Now, scarce as hens teeth.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Good thing those semi-tame turkeys walking around the property can’t read this. If so, I’d think they’d be getting nervous.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Powerade zero sports drink has been hit and miss for sometime around here.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Lactaid brand milk. Or any other brand of lactaid type milk. None zero zilch, in fact the entire milk section had a lot of empty shelves.

I also buy the Lactaid brand cottage cheese, they only had 4 tubs left, I got one.

BTW Lactaid type milk, and cottage cheese, lasts a lot longer than regular milk. Not only does it have a much longer expiration date, it is still good for probably 10-14 days past the expiration date. Cost is about the same, a little more, than regular milk, but it sure lasts a lot longer, and for me that's less waste.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Auto parts, notably hose clamps and certain seals or gaskets for the internal parts of automatic transmissions. Because of the latter, it took two months to get a transmission from Jasper because they didn't have the parts from their suppliers to complete it. This was a Chrysler 62TE (used in FWD vehicles, mostly minivans), so it wasn't an uncommon one.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Pizza flavored Goldfish are back. It has been about 8 months, but they are back.

Only found then at Harris Teeter though. YMMV.

Added another package of safety SPAM to the collection, so no worries there. If you were worried. I was.

Can never have too much SPAM.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Lots of empty shelf space in the pasta aisle

Hard to find ginger cookies and molasses cookies.

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My autoship cat food orders are getting cancelled because my particular product of choice is out of stock. Let’s Go Brandon!! Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Friggin’ Ramen noodles. Maruchan or Top Ramen, take your pick.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Friggin’ Ramen noodles. Maruchan or Top Ramen, take your pick.

Well, there's a nationwide shortage of cardboard, so...