SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Yes we are in transition from capitalism to communism.

What do you think the culture wars are all about?

Why would you ever want to destroy stable families? To put them on the government teat.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Deli meat at Winco, specifically Turkey has been non-existent the past two weeks

Posts: 275 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Report This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:
Deli meat at Winco, specifically Turkey has been non-existent the past two weeks
That won’t be changing any time soon. Turkey is in short supply nationally, Thanksgiving will be especially tough if you must have turkey. Every distribution rep I know is moaning the blues.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5237 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was because I was shopping on Monday and deliveries had not happened yet, but Walmart and Aldi's both were out of heavy whipping cream.
The grocery store had some, but it is $2+ a qt more there.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 332 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Report This Post
posted Hide Post
JIF peanut butter is finally starting to show up again after their recall/scrap what you have recommendation about three months ago.

Posts: 3364 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Sometimes there are no eggs.

Chickens are on strike!

Posts: 10062 | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
My SUV has been sitting at the dealer for 5 weeks waiting to get into the shop. The vehicles in front of it are sitting on the lifts waiting for parts.

A beat up old F150 did a hit and run on me over a year ago in the parking lot of my dermatologist. It was some Mexican Americans that did it. An 80 year old woman witnessed the affair but didn’t get a plate. I need a new rear bumper and some mild paintwork, all in about $1500 in work. Paying it out of pocket as the $ amount doesn’t make sense to claim it. I’ve been waiting 14 months now to get it into my auto body shop. Last month, tired of waiting, I drove by there and at least paid for and ordered the bumper. He said “We can get to it this winter”. Fuck me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cat food. All brands. It's been in short supply for a few months. The wife and I pick up all we can when we see it available.

Posts: 7690 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
It’s actually not a shortage of the food itself, bytes. It’s the packaging……cans. THAT is what is causing the pet food shortages. I get Hill’s Science Diet for my kittehs on an auto-delivery schedule. The last two orders have been cancelled…product out of stock. Was able to scrounge enough at my local Petco to last another 48 days. Kinda pissed off…

FJB!
FJB!
FJB!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
The next shortage will be oranges and orange juice.

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Antibiotics.

My wife has an ear infection. She went to our doctor yesterday and he prescribed her an antibiotic.
He told her he prescribed his third choice as the two he would have preferred to use aren't available.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16650 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
No Rooster Sauce for about 2 months now. It's a staple for me. No words for my disdain of those in power and the dipshit sheep that support them.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7037 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
No Rooster Sauce for about 2 months now. It's a staple for me. No words for my disdain of those in power and the dipshit sheep that support them.

Sriracha? Do you have any Asian markets nearby? I stopped in one of ours last night, and they had cases of it stacked up.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3588 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If it's not shortage, it's the big increase in cost that's made it a personal shortage for me.

Even things such as trash liners, used to be $13 for a case at Sam's Club. Saw it the other day for $20. 3 pounds of bacon was $17 and now it's $23. Everything is either out of stock or gone up 20%+ to where it may as well be out of stock. If gas is $3/gallon, we think that's cheap when it was $2.20.

I'm not saying things will change immediately after the mid-terms but it sure as hell is going to put some people on notice.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
If it's not shortage, it's the big increase in cost that's made it a personal shortage for me.

Even things such as trash liners, used to be $13 for a case at Sam's Club. Saw it the other day for $20. 3 pounds of bacon was $17 and now it's $23. Everything is either out of stock or gone up 20%+ to where it may as well be out of stock. If gas is $3/gallon, we think that's cheap when it was $2.20.

I'm not saying things will change immediately after the mid-terms but it sure as hell is going to put some people on notice.

My wife keeps telling me that basically every grocery item she buys weekly has doubled in price. Mad

She needed some aluminum foil and the small store brand box with like 25 yards was $5 and she said Reynolds was $10. Two weeks ago I needed to make some food to bring in to work and went into the aisle where they have foil pans planning to get a large disposable one and WTF they are all like $8-$9 EACH! I brought in a regular serving dish.

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Sriracha? Do you have any Asian markets nearby? I stopped in one of ours last night, and they had cases of it stacked up.

Good call on the Asian markets. Being in the bay area, I can't throw a rock without hitting 12 of em. They have fish tanks full of stuff you don't even want to know about in some of em.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7037 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:

Good call on the Asian markets. Being in the bay area, I can't throw a rock without hitting 12 of em. They have fish tanks full of stuff you don't even want to know about in some of em.

If you can't find the Siriacha, I can send you some. Just got some, good exp date 2024. Just let me know email in my profile. Instant Karma.

Posts: 12002 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
You know what's in high supply? Number of dogs and cats at shelters that need homes. Fuckers adopted when the scamdemic kicked off and now they're ditching them like used diapers.

We are probably going to foster a couple of cats, the wife and kid were looking over the weekend. And maybe adopt/foster a dog since we are down to one dog. At least that will open up some space at the shelter where the dogs are 2 to a room now.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Probably already been listed, but “employees.” I ran across this news story today.

quote:
Initial filings for unemployment claims fell last week to their lowest level in five months, a sign that the labor market is strengthening even as the Federal Reserve is trying to slow things down.

Jobless claims for the week ended Sept. 24 totaled 193,000, a decrease of 16,000 from the previous week’s downwardly revised total and below the 215,000 Dow Jones estimate, according to a Labor Department report Thursday.
- Jeff Cox, CNBC

Huh, wonder why businesses all over town have help wanted signs out, and are begging indulgence from their customers because they can’t fill needed positions? This country isn’t losing population, is it? I don’t begin to understand the dynamics of employment and what people are subsisting on. Somebody explain it to me.

CNBC, Jobless Claims

Posts: 13623 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post