SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What Weird Shortages Are You Seeing Now? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Some Aldi's are completely out of eggs depending on the store and time of day. They normally get their eggs locally in Iowa. The feds used their PCR test and detected bird flu, so they just killed 7 million chickens at a few locations across the state. One chicken plant that lost 5 million chickens laid off 200 people and doesn't plan to re-open.

Chicken at Aldi has been mostly unavailable, but stores like HyVee or Costco have some at higher prices.

Posts: 2360 | Registered: October 24, 2007Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
Some Aldi's are completely out of eggs depending on the store and time of day. They normally get their eggs locally in Iowa. The feds used their PCR test and detected bird flu, so they just killed 7 million chickens at a few locations across the state. One chicken plant that lost 5 million chickens laid off 200 people and doesn't plan to re-open.

Chicken at Aldi has been mostly unavailable, but stores like HyVee or Costco have some at higher prices.

Speaking of Aldi’s, I’ve not found any of their German bread in awhile. It’s rhebread that is in a brick shape with a cellophane type wrap. Stores well, minimal ingredients, many months shelf life. Good toasted with butter or jam. I wonder if they stopped offering them. I just ordered some from Amazon.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:

Speaking of Aldi’s, I’ve not found any of their German bread in awhile. It’s the bread that is in a brick shape with a cellophane type wrap. Stores well, minimal ingredients, many months shelf life. Good toasted with butter or jam. I wonder if they stopped offering them. I just ordered some from Amazon.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
BJ's Wholesale keeps sending me coupons for stuff they've been out of for months.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Report This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Article in today's paper that all of the storage units in town are full. There is a waiting list for units.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
Article in today's paper that all of the storage units in town are full. There is a waiting list for units.

Storing all their Covid toilet paper supplies?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The Great Trolling Motor Shortage of 2020-2022 is officially over! At least for us it is. I’m joining the EV world.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I noticed that too...

And then if its stock only one flavor/color "red powerade day" like "left shoe day" in Soviet Russia

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Powerade zero sports drink has been hit and miss for sometime around here.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
My autoship cat food orders are getting cancelled because my particular product of choice is out of stock. Let’s Go Brandon!! Mad Mad Mad

I have also been getting autoship orders cancelled both by Chewy and Amazon. I order Sandclear (or close substute) each month for the horses, it is a grain supplement like Metamucil. When it becomes available, it is more expensive, has gone from $80 to $140 for 20 lbs. since November.

LGB.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should quit putting them in the Boy’s restrooms for the drag queens to use. Big Grin

Tampon shortage hits major retailers nationwide

https://www.washingtonexaminer...retailers-nationwide

First, it was baby formula. Now, it's tampons.

Store shelves where tampons should be stocked have been bare in recent months due to supply chain issues exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, setting the scene for a shortage that’s been brewing for a while.

Evidence of the shortage has been growing on social media and forums, though data mapping out the course of the shortage have yet to be compiled. Frustrated women have shared their trouble finding their preferred menstrual products on Twitter and Reddit, often including photos of empty shelves at big-box retailers such as CVS and Walgreens.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Maybe they should quit putting them in the Boy’s restrooms for the drag queens to use. Big Grin

There's tampons in all the Mens restrooms at work.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
And I give you the opposite of shortages.

My local supermarket has a coupon for an 18 pack of large eggs...Free

Good Thursday, Friday and Saturday

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I got free fresh eggs every day delivered at the house. What’s your point? I would strongly suggest the grocery just had a lot of old eggs he needed to get rid of in a hurry.

No breakfast sausage lately. Having to make my own out of pork sausage.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
There’s a product we use called See Spot Run, that helps prevent and heal the urine spots a dog leaves on the lawn. We’ve used it for several years (female dog) and it helps a lot. Can’t find it this year. Our local pet store doesn’t have it, so I ordered a big bottle through Amazon. That order was cancelled and the CC refunded. Maybe there’s urea in it and they can’t get enough.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I would strongly suggest the grocery just had a lot of old eggs he needed to get rid of in a hurry.

Whereas I would strongly suggest that there's likely nothing wrong with their eggs, and instead they just figured it's worth the $1 per pack loss to get extra customers through the doors.

Sure, some folks will come by just to get their free eggs and leave. But others will decide to do the rest of their grocery shopping there anyway since gas is expensive and they're already there, or will go in with the intention of just getting free eggs but then impulse buy several more items too.

They're planning to make up the small loss on the free eggs with increased sales on everything else.

Lots of retailers adopt a similar strategy by offering certain items at/below cost, or giving away free stuff. It's called the "loss leader" marketing strategy. Increased foot traffic = increased sales of other more profitable goods.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
I would strongly suggest the grocery just had a lot of old eggs he needed to get rid of in a hurry.

Whereas I would strongly suggest that there's likely nothing wrong with their eggs, and instead they just figured it's worth the $1 per pack loss to get extra customers through the doors.

Sure, some folks will come by just to get their free eggs and leave. But others will decide to do the rest of their grocery shopping there anyway since gas is expensive and they're already there, or will go in with the intention of just getting free eggs but then impulse buy several more items too.

They're planning to make up the small loss on the free eggs with increased sales on everything else.

Lots of retailers adopt a similar strategy by offering certain items at/below cost, or giving away free stuff. It's called the "loss leader" marketing strategy. Increased foot traffic = increased sales of other more profitable goods.

Maybe… Well aware of lost leaders … But you’re guessing as much as I am! Lol

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got free fresh eggs every day delivered at the house. What’s your point? I would strongly suggest the grocery just had a lot of old eggs he needed to get rid of in a hurry.

My point is obvious. They're giving away 18 eggs per customer for free at a time when many are saying there are egg shortages.

I doubt they're a bunch of old eggs that need to be gotten rid of as my store does this on a regular basis, perhaps 3 or 4 times a year and has for the 17 years I've been buying groceries there. Since it's a regular thing it's pretty obvious it isn't a distressed merchandise thing.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Speaking of eggs, just last night I scrambled some w/ leftover beer cheese brat and then a few splashes of Sriracha after plating. Perfect.

Then today I get an email that Sriracha (Huy Fong Foods) is halting production.
I don't use the hot sauces often as I can't handle them like I used to but this news burned me the wrong way.
Sriracha Shelves Are Emptying

At the end is a link to a Chef John video to make your own. If I had the intestinal fortitude I did 25 yrs ago, I would give it a try. Looks like fun.

ETA:And still waiting for Jif to get back on the shelf after the recall.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
No Sriracha here either… SF member old Dino scored a bunch of bottles recently. Razz

Not that big a deal really; similar reasons but my favorite hot sauce… But I do enjoy it in pho/broth

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Wise white cheddar cheese doodles have been impossible to find here. They're not for me, my dogs love them. The first time I gave them the orange one's they looked at me like I was trying to poison them.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post