SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    James Comey terminated
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Comey terminated Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Why not Giuliani?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't A. McCabe the Deputy FBI director? He of my-wife-got-funding-from-Clinton fame?

Eek

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Why not Giuliani?
Why not Andy Dick? If people actually think Chris Christie is trustworthy (what a joke) and is competent to do this job, then we should offer up our own ridiculous suggestions.

I nominate Nancy Pelosi

I hear that Danky Wubberman Stoltz isn't doing much these days. She could do this FBI thing. Piece o' cake, right?

I hear that the night shift manager at a McDonald's down the street is a pretty sharp guy. He might be available, although I do hear he's up for promotion as Mickey Dees, so...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
The local news is going on about this, too.

I think it was smart not to fire him right away. Find out more of what he knows or did....fire him in due time.

Now it's time.

I can fill in for now, if they want. Of course, I would have to run things by the people here first, at least for the big cases. More smarts in a fraction of this membership than in the whole of congress.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
I'm tracking his jet on Flightradar24 he's about over Denver now headed to DC. Wonder what's being said on that Gulfstream?

Well damn. He was fired. Should have had to ride home on Frontier.

No way, man - United all the way - beat him senseless and drag his ass down the aisle! Big Grin Big Grin

NO ONE can top this one! Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Envison the reaction of the totally biased "press" if President Hillary Clinton had fired Comey. They would be calling it a difficult and courageous decision, one that demonstrates that Hillary was the right choice for the job of POTUS.

The thing is that we already know that no matter what President Trump does, they will find a way to criticize it and declare Trump and his actions to be evil. What needs to happen is that we need to let the criminal "press" know that we know this, so that even before they open their lying mouths to prop up the stupid Dems, they know that we know that nothing they say can be believed.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:

Sigmonkey is the man. I laughed my ass off when I saw that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
What the people are clearly seeing is how quickly the left changes opinions and positions, faster than ever before, for the sake of political expediency. This will work out well for Trump and the right and the left will be left with not just an egg but a runny three egg omelette on their face.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:

Sigmonkey is the man. I laughed my ass off when I saw that.

Definitely got another out loud laugh. Gold!

Sigmonkey, do you mind if I tweet this?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This is hilarious. The only people 'outraged' are the media.

Video embedded at the link. The audience whoops and cheers when announced and Colbert is shocked.

http://freebeacon.com/culture/...james-comeys-firing/

Colbert Audience Cheers News of James Comey’s Firing

Stephen Colbert's "Late Show" audience initially cheered loudly on Tuesday at the announcement that President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey minutes earlier, visibly vexing the comedian.

Presumably, the left-leaning audience thought this was positive news ever since Comey angered Democrats with his late-October letter to Congress announcing the discovery of emails related to Hillary Clinton's email scandal. Clinton herself has cast blame on Comey for costing her the election.

"Huge story that broke just minutes ago, less than 10 minutes ago. FBI Director James Comey has just been fired by Donald Trump," Colbert said on his CBS show, as the crowd whooped and applauded.

Colbert chuckled and looked confused, before joking, "Huge, huge Donald Trump fans here tonight."

Colbert, a fierce critic of Trump, went on to quip that Trump owed Comey a favor for helping him win the presidential election. He then explained why the firing was controversial: Comey was leading an FBI investigation into possible ties between the Russians and Trump's campaign.

Once Colbert announced Comey's dismissal came at Attorney General Jeff Sessions' recommendation, the crowd booed accordingly.

Comey's firing sparked outrage by Democrats, who are calling for a special prosecutor and saying it is a White House cover-up. Some Republicans have also expressed dismay at Trump's move, including Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Richard Burr (R., N.C.), who called it "troubling."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
He really had a simple case - handed one of the biggest corruption scandals of his career - and he fucked it up. If it wasn't political then he is incompetent. Either way you're fired is appropriate.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Comey's firing sparked outrage by Democrats

Last week and earlier they claimed he was incompetent,

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Very glad to see him gone. Trying to skate the line between the two sides rather than follow the fine line of the right thing to do has led him to lose trust from both sides.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If people actually think Chris Christie is trustworthy (what a joke) and is competent to do this job...

I trust Chris Christie about as far as I could throw him.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2161 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Why not Giuliani?
Why not Andy Dick? If people actually think Chris Christie is trustworthy (what a joke) and is competent to do this job, then we should offer up our own ridiculous suggestions.

I nominate Nancy Pelosi

I hear that Danky Wubberman Stoltz isn't doing much these days. She could do this FBI thing. Piece o' cake, right?

I hear that the night shift manager at a McDonald's down the street is a pretty sharp guy. He might be available, although I do hear he's up for promotion as Mickey Dees, so...

At least get someone with LE experience ~ like Steven Segal. Eek

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Washington has an endless supply of political drones, fire all you want Mr. President.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Read carefully the comments of former Attorneys General and Deputies Attorney General in the memorandum.

While it is perhaps disquieting to give much credence to such luminaries as Jamie Gorelick and Eric Holder, it is noteworthy to see the unanimity of view.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
At least get someone with LE experience ~ like Steven Segal. Eek
I heard this guy's available. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Read carefully the comments of former Attorneys General and Deputies Attorney General in the memorandum.

While it is perhaps disquieting to give much credence to such luminaries as Jamie Gorelick and Eric Holder, it is noteworthy to see the unanimity of view.

what memo? Linky?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:

What comments are these? I missed them.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:

what memo? Linky?

This one.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10375 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post