SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    James Comey terminated
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Comey terminated Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Please note I am not comparing President Trump to the NK psycho.
Why not? Whack is whack.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
Check the latest from the New York Times---

Amazing spin, anti-Trump, of course!

I don't need to stick my head in a sewer to know what's running through it.

+1
Here's how I expressed that thought in another thread
quote:
Reading the NYT and expecting not to read annoying nonsense is like using binoculars to look at an eclipse and expecting not to get your eyes wrecked.

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
... the belief that Trump would lie about him led to the creation of his memo on the meeting.

After his experience working for Lynch, Holder and Obama, I can understand his mindset.

The real reason why he had to treat Trump different is because he trusted all the other liars because he's on their team. He had to treat Donald different because he was an opponent. He outed himself as partisan for anyone paying attention who didn't already know it.

Isn't a memo written by a party in a discussion kind of superfluous when an audio recording is released? All it can show is how bad you are at writing transcripts of discussions and where your prejudices lie.

If anything, Comey put a big ! on why he should have been fired long ago.

Him calling Trump a liar on the state of the FBI instead of calling it a disagreement or misinterpretation shows how petty and partisan his is. I'm sure he has delusions of grandeur regarding what a great leader he is, and has little idea what his speech outlining Shills' law breaking and "lack of intent" when that isn't part of the law, and "no reasonable prosecutor" impacted rank and file FBI agents.

Posts: 7631 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of "Termination" Comey really needs.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Senator Risch of Idaho, certainly popped a lot of balloons, didn't he.
Please enlighten those of us who haven't subjected ourselves to this Tsunami of Stupid.

Not sure I understand your comment, but here's the line of questioning I was referring to:

quote:

The exchange leaves Democrat’s hopes of impeachment for obstruction of justice considerably dimmed:

Comey: I mean, it’s the President of the United States with me alone, saying, “I hope this.” I took it as this is what he wants me to do. I didn’t obey that, but that’s the way I took it.

Risch: You may have taken it as a direction, but that’s not what he said.

Comey: Correct.

Risch: He said, “I hope.”

Comey: Those are exact words, correct.

Risch: You don’t know of anyone that’s been charged for hoping something?

Comey: I don’t, as I sit here.

Risch: Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

Posts: 13564 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
Check the latest from the New York Times---

Amazing spin, anti-Trump, of course!

I don't need to stick my head in a sewer to know what's running through it.

+1
Here's how I expressed that thought in another thread
quote:
Reading the NYT and expecting not to read annoying nonsense is like using binoculars to look at an eclipse and expecting not to get your eyes wrecked.

That works too.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
The real reason why he had to treat Trump different is because he trusted all the other liars because he's on their team. He had to treat Donald different because he was an opponent. He outed himself as partisan for anyone paying attention who didn't already know it.

Isn't a memo written by a party in a discussion kind of superfluous when an audio recording is released? All it can show is how bad you are at writing transcripts of discussions and where your prejudices lie.

If anything, Comey put a big ! on why he should have been fired long ago.

Him calling Trump a liar on the state of the FBI instead of calling it a disagreement or misinterpretation shows how petty and partisan his is. I'm sure he has delusions of grandeur regarding what a great leader he is, and has little idea what his speech outlining Shills' law breaking and "lack of intent" when that isn't part of the law, and "no reasonable prosecutor" impacted rank and file FBI agents.

He showed how grossly unqualified he is to be in any kind of decision-making capacity last July. In the public appearances he has made since then, he has not only reinforced that impression, but magnified it.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
you don’t know of anyone that’s been charged for hoping something?

Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Comey isn't a leader, but instead he is a sailor adjusting the sails whichever way the wind blows. When the wind was blowing in Hilldabeast's favor he did what he could for his own career, when the wind is blowing in Trump's favor he did what he could for his career, and when Trump fired him he did what he could (e.g. leak) in hopes for a new job.

Perhaps he should dust off his kneepads and apply to be chief of staff for some Demonrat Congressional Critter.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23652 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Agreed, Tator. Only side he is on is his own.

He has harmed the dems, tried to harm Trymp, and harmed the FBI, only because of his narcissistic need to "set the record straight" and defend his reputation. And he apparently loves being in the spotlight.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Comey isn't a leader, but instead he is a sailor adjusting the sails whichever way the wind blows.

The traditional word is "trimmer", as in someone who trims his sails to suit the wind. Then again, that is kind of a Britishism.

And now back to your regularly scheduled e-horsewhipping on the courthouse steps...

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A recap of Comey's long, sad song....
(Sung to the tune of "Feelings", by Morris Albert)

"Feelings, .....nothing more than feelings,......
Trying to forget my .......feelings 'bout Trump.

Memos.....leaking out to press hacks...,
Trying to forget my feelings 'bout Trump.

Feelings, .....for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, Don; you'll never buy me dinner again.

FEELINGS........, woo-ooo-0000, FEEEEELINGSSS,
Woo-ooo-0000, feel you again in my memos.

Feelings,.....feelings like I can't convict...you...
And feelings like I've never investigated you..... in my heart.
Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it.
I wish I've never met you, Don; ....and I'll never work again.
Feelings,… Nothing more than book deals....
Out on new speaking tours....
I'll never work in my life again....."

Woo-ooo-0000, lie 'bout you again in my memos.

Woo-ooo-0000, lie 'bout you again in my memos.

(If you want to remember the original version:
https://youtu.be/rRaI7ZOmTr4
It is actually pretty fun to sing along!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Watching comey testify, I was struck by how obvious it is why he got fired. Would anyone want this guy working for you? His personality is not one I want on my team.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Watching comey testify, I was struck by how obvious it is why he got fired. Would anyone want this guy working for you? His personality is not one I want on my team.
Real leaders want leaders working for them.

Narcissistic douche bags (it'd be redundant if I said politician after that opening) want "yes" men, sycophants, brown nosers, etc. working for them.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23652 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44457 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:

Underwhelming, weak and malleable are the words that came to mind for me--running the largest criminal investigation and counter-terrorism organization in the world. Wow

Posts: 13564 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Something just doesn't smell right here, he had to know what a shit show this would make him personally look like.
Hey, do you know what I find funny? When people in positions of power don't know how to handle a situation, so they just do a whole bunch of stupid shit, hoping something in all that stupid shit will make things work out, and then people come along and see the stupid shit being done and then say "Man, he's an evil genius with such foresight and depth of intellect that we mere mortals can only stand in awe of his awsomeinititude! He's thinking 27 moves ahead of everyone else on the planet! What brilliant thing that we do not understand with our little bug brains is he going to do next? Whatever it is, it's gonna be awesome! And we won't understand it because it makes no sense to us, because this guy is reeeeeally, really smart! He must be, 'cause I don't get it."

I find that funny. Makes me chuckle quietly to myself. he he

Call it Barack Obama Syndrome

Aw, shit! Frown
That sound of screaming you hear?
...me, flagellating meself

I went full retard again... you think I woulda learned by now?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

Underwhelming, weak and malleable are the words that came to mind for me--running the largest criminal investigation and counter-terrorism organization in the world. Wow

Exactly. All our domestic intel & CT power and that pussy was the one wielding it? We have young enlisted troops more professional and selfless than him. Embarrassing.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post