SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    James Comey terminated
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Comey terminated Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Comey came off as a big pussy afraid of his own shadow. He should have been fired earlier. This whole affair is a ludicrous witch hunt and such of waste of time and resources. Makes me sick.

This is pretty much where I am currently.

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
That transcript is embarrassing for someone who is an educated person. "Way the facts?" Please!

Andrew McCarthy didn't say that, wouldn't say that.
Perhaps (likely) he said "weigh the facts" and it was mis-transcribed?

flashguy

Certainly.

Another.... "...this is what they are accusing the sky of, "

Probably was "accusing this guy of,"

I hate having to translate English into English because some worker who is supposed to can not.

LOL
It said Rush transcript:
I think it's like talking to your phone and having it transcribe a text.... It doesn't always come out right.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24577 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This series of tweets is a great summary of the day.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Since Comey supposedly typed these memos on his computer, there should be evidence of when exactly the documents were created. It might be interesting to see if these so called contemporaneous memos were actually not even written until after he was fired.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The Six Important Revelations from the Comey Hearing

Trump supporters, swamp dwellers, and Americans from all walks of life had their eyes glued to coverage of the testimony by former FBI Director James Comey to the Senate Intelligence Committee this morning.

The hearing was treated like a major sporting event by D.C. locals, who lined up to gain entrance to local establishments for standing-room only viewing parties.

As coverage and responses to Comey’s testimony continue to unfold, we’ve gathered together six of the most important revelations from the hearing. One thing is for sure, Comey’s testimony was anything but boring.

1) Trump was not under investigation by the FBI
When questioned by Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), Comey answered that President Donald Trump was not under investigation by the FBI. It was also revealed that congressional leaders had previously been briefed on this fact.

This morning Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton joined Breitbart News Daily and predicted this fact. Fitton called allegations against Trump “gossip” and “a nothing burger.”

2) James Comey leaked documents to the media
Comey admitted to orchestrating leaks from the investigation to the media using a network of friends. Reponse was swift on social media:

So the collusion involves former FBI director, mainstream media, and the left-wing academy to bring down the elected president #ComeyHearing
Columbia Law Prof Daniel Richman confirms to @ZCohenCNN that he is the friend that provided excerpts of the Comey memo to reporters.
Senator Rubio pointed out the interesting fact that one of the few things not to leak out was the fact that Trump was not under investigation himself.
Because if it was leaked that @realDonaldTrump was personally not under investigation- it would have crushed the entire narrative.
President Trump’s personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, issued a blistering statement after the hearing on the subject of Comey’s leaks.

3) The obstruction of justice case against Trump just went up in smoke
Senator James Risch (R-ID) questioned Comey early in the hearing about the possibility of obstruction of justice regarding the investigation of General Michael Flynn. Risch repeatedly questioned Comey about the exact wording used by President Trump to him in private, which Comey recorded in his much-discussed memo.

The exchange leaves Democrat’s hopes of impeachment for obstruction of justice considerably dimmed:

Comey: I mean, it’s the President of the United States with me alone, saying, “I hope this.” I took it as this is what he wants me to do. I didn’t obey that, but that’s the way I took it.

Risch: You may have taken it as a direction, but that’s not what he said.

Comey: Correct.

Risch: He said, “I hope.”

Comey: Those are exact words, correct.

Risch: You don’t know of anyone that’s been charged for hoping something?

Comey: I don’t, as I sit here.

Risch: Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

4) Comey says the New York Times published fake news
James Comey had a few things to say about the reporting of the New York Times which reported on collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Senator Risch questioned Comey about the Times, asking “So the American people can understand this, that report by the New York Times was not true, is that a fair statement?”

“It was not true,” Comey said. “Again, all of you know this, maybe the American people don’t. The challenge — I’m not picking on reporters about writing stories about classified information… [the challenge is] that people talking about it often don’t really now what’s going on and those of us who actually know what’s going on are not talking about it.”

5) Loretta Lynch meddled in the Clinton investigation
Comey discussed the involvement of President Obama’s Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, in the investigation of Hillary Clinton. He stated that Lynch made an odd request for how the FBI investigation should be described.

“At one point the attorney general had directed me not to call it investigation, but instead to call it a matter, which concerned and confused me,” Comey said.

Comey added that Lynch’s infamous tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton during the campaign was the reason he decided to make a statement when the decision was made not to prosecute Hillary Clinton.

“In a ultimately conclusive way, that was the thing that capped it for me, that I had to do something separately to protect the credibility of the investigation, which meant both the FBI and the Justice Department,” Comey said.

6) James Comey sounds like every disgruntled former employee ever
Comey had quite a bit to say about his firing, which leaves him looking like a disgruntled former employee.
Comey accused President Trump and his administration of lying about him, and “defaming him and more importantly the FBI.”
Comey also explained that his discomfort with the President and the belief that Trump would lie about him led to the creation of his memo on the meeting.

“I was honestly concerned that he might lie about the nature of our meeting, so I thought it really important to document,” Comey said. “I knew there might come a day when I might need a record of what happened not only to defend myself but to protect the FBI.”

Comey did not comment on how his leaking of the memo through his personal network helped the FBI.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/...m-the-comey-hearing/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Ok
I watched the entire testimony, it was my day off from work.
My mind can be a dangerous place, this I have learned.
Feel free to let the flaming begin but:

Could it be that Comey really came out to get the testimony on Clinton on record?

Could he be so convinced she has really harmed
the country that he, and only he, brought some of the facts to bury her and protect the country? He admitted he went rogue on her corrupt ass in the first place (A Patriot)

He is not stupid, volunteered to testify, and essentially cleared the POTUS, while revealing some damning testimony.

He has to know things we don't and wanted to have a forum to publicly get info out, unadulterated by the media of Clinton crimes?

The Clinton's and their ilk are
shitting their pants collectively right now.

Lynch and Bill Clinton are in some deep, deep shit right now after his disclosure and Sessions smells blood in the water, believe it.

I believe the man loves this country, his position for so many years could only make him become what his job was.
Same is true of you and me.

Something just doesn't smell right here, he had to know what a shit show this would make him personally look like.

I think there is more to what he said under testimony than what we heard. Time will time.

I'm no fan per se, just find it all more than entertainment.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nah. A patriot? Really. Comey was the head of the FBI and your saying he had no recourse other than to look the fool? Nah.

After all this the only person to be held accountable will probably be comey himself.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Something just doesn't smell right here, he had to know what a shit show this would make him personally look like.
Hey, do you know what I find funny? When people in positions of power don't know how to handle a situation, so they just do a whole bunch of stupid shit, hoping something in all that stupid shit will make things work out, and then people come along and see the stupid shit being done and then say "Man, he's an evil genius with such foresight and depth of intellect that we mere mortals can only stand in awe of his awsomeinititude! He's thinking 27 moves ahead of everyone else on the planet! What brilliant thing that we do not understand with our little bug brains is he going to do next? Whatever it is, it's gonna be awesome! And we won't understand it because it makes no sense to us, because this guy is reeeeeally, really smart! He must be, 'cause I don't get it."

I find that funny. Makes me chuckle quietly to myself. he he

Call it Barack Obama Syndrome

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
... the belief that Trump would lie about him led to the creation of his memo on the meeting.

After his experience working for Lynch, Holder and Obama, I can understand his mindset.

Posts: 8880 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
here's some interesting speculation regarding Comey testimony:

http://lawnewz.com/high-profil...ve-indicted-himself/

“In his testimony, Mr. Comey states that he was not aware of any kind of memorandum issued from the Attorney General or the Department of Justice to the FBI outlining the parameters of the Attorney General’s recusal. However, on March 2, 2017, the Attorney General’s Chief of Staff sent the attached email specifically informing Mr. Comey and other relevant Department officials of the recusal and its parameters, and advising that each of them instruct their staff not to brief the Attorney General about or otherwise involve the Attorney General in any such matters described.” (internal ellipses omitted).

In fact, Comey always knew the “parameters of the Attorney General’s recusal.”

It gets worse for Comey. Right before and right after the answer that triggered the DOJ’s extraordinary written statement (name me the last time the DOJ publicly identified their recent ex-FBI Director as having just lied to Congress?), Comey denied knowledge about the “extent” of Sessions’ recusal and denied knowing Sessions’ scope of recusal as to “if he reviewed any FBI or DOJ documents.”

Sadly, for Comey, Sessions has the smoking gun: Sessions’ own email sent and read by Comey, according to the Department of Justice statement, showing Comey in fact did know “the parameters of the Attorney General’s recusal” despite his repeated comments to the contrary to Senator Kamala Harris’ questions.

Dead. To. Rights. This really is a slam dunk case, or as close to it as imaginable. Maybe Comey will claim the Ruskies hacked his emails, and blame them instead?

Robert Barnes is a California-based trial attorney whose practice focuses on Constitutional, criminal and civil rights law. You can follow him at @Barnes_Law.

This is an opinion piece. The views expressed in this article are those of just the author. "

RTWT if you need more details.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
COMEY: I asked — the president tweeted on Friday, after I got fired, that I better hope there’s not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, because it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation. There might be a tape.

And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself, for a variety of reasons. But I asked him to, because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. And so I asked a close friend of mine to do it.

Reality:
New York Times story on Comey's claims in his memo ran on Thursday, May 11:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...ticle&pgtype=article

Trump tweeted IN RESPONSE to the NY Times story the next day, Friday May 12:

So, he had already leaked the story, no later than Thursday and probably at least a couple of days before that - the BS about waking up in the middle of the night the following Monday is nonsense. Or, perhaps he had already leaked his story and after Trump's tweet he decided to retroactively type up a 'memo' to support his lie. Either way, he lied under oath - he's busted.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check the latest from the New York Times---

Amazing spin, anti-Trump, of course!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2149 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:

I'll pass.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wile E. Comey, Super Genius.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:

I don't need to stick my head in a sewer to know what's running through it.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Wile E. Comey, Super Genius.

Big Grin Perfect.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Senator Risch of Idaho, certainly popped a lot of balloons, didn't he.

Posts: 13563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Senator Risch of Idaho, certainly popped a lot of balloons, didn't he.
Please enlighten those of us who haven't subjected ourselves to this Tsunami of Stupid.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
The way Comey talked about taking notes reminds me of the pictures of North Korea's Kim Jong-Un with his subordinates scribbling as fast as they could to memorialize dear leaders ruminations.

Please note I am not comparing President Trump to the NK psycho.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post