SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    James Comey terminated
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Comey terminated Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
When Hillary was interviewed over 4th of July weekend last year I got the impression it was a sham. The New Yorker piece confirms that impression.
I think Comey probably thought Hillary would win the election and didn't want to get on her bad side.

Read the full New Yorker piece here.
http://www.newyorker.com/news/...dence?intcid=popular

Wasn't the bitch flying around in Air Force One with her boy that same day? Then later her boy let her stand behind the presidential podium and give a speech at a rally?
They were all in the circle jerk together. They knew from the start how this was going to end it was just a show for the low information crowd and a exercise in futility for the rest of us.

I won't take Trump draining the swamp seriously unless he revisits this entire sordid mess and makes people accountable. If he doesn't there will be more of the same down the road and certain to be on a even worse level.

After Trump made his statement about the Clinton's being nice people and he didn't want to hurt them and how she has suffered terribly already I could have kicked him square in the nut sack!! Mad

I wonder if he stills feel the same way today?

Try breathing a little. Its been what 5 months? Rome wasnt built in a day.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
McConnell suggested the replacement ought to be Merrick Garland.

That's right, the former Supreme Court nominee, who is Chief Judge of the DC Circuit Court of Appeal. Before you knee jerk about McConnell, think about it.

He has DOJ experience as a prosecutor. The God Damned Commies could hardly vote against him, having qualified him for sainthood trying to get him on the court.

If nominated to the FBI and confirmed, that would create a vacant seat on the Court of Appeals that would have to be filled. Lordy, lordy. The DC circuit is the first among equals.

I do like the idea of creating vacancies on key courts via appointments, though "we have the votes" now, so they can "do things our way" for a while.

I am not sure we have to settle for someone like that in a position like FBI Director, but he'd make a great Ambassador to Micronesia.... Wink

Posts: 15140 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think Arnold Swartzenegger might be looking for a new gig.

Honestly, all these positions have become a joke, which is why in the old ass-clown thread I suggested "she who shall not be named from Alaska" for several positions. It just as much of a shit show no matter who is it.

that said, DT is doing a good job of draining the swamp. God be with him.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11087 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's right, the former Supreme Court nominee, who is Chief Judge of the DC Circuit Court of Appeal. Before you knee jerk about McConnell, think about it.

He has DOJ experience as a prosecutor. The God Damned Commies could hardly vote against him, having qualified him for sainthood trying to get him on the court.

If nominated to the FBI and confirmed, that would create a vacant seat on the Court of Appeals that would have to be filled. Lordy, lordy. The DC circuit is the first among equals.

It would be a great way to test the intelligence of Garland. What kind of fool would pass up a lifetime appointment on the DC Court of Appeals to accept a job as FBI Director, taking about a 20%-30% pay cut, who could be fired by Trump the day after the appointment?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would be a great way to test the intelligence of Garland. What kind of fool would pass up a lifetime appointment on the DC Court of Appeals to accept a job as FBI Director, taking about a 20%-30% pay cut, who could be fired by Trump the day after the appointment?

And either way, Trump wins. Even if Garland declines the offer, Trump reached across the isle in support of somebody the Democrats love.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
....somebody the Democrats love.

The democrats love him now. If he were to be nominated Schumer would be on the senate floor tomorrow blasting the horrible choice, shedding tears over the end of law and order in the country as we know it.

That man needs to be beat about the head and neck repeatedly with an autographed silicone reproduction of Shepard Smith's member...

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:

There are plenty of examples of very smart, able folks who resign from the court to take other posts.

Look at Alcee Hastings who left the court to be a mere Congressman. Big Grin

William Webster was a District Court judge who became FBI director. Michael Chertoff was a Court of Appeal judge who became director of Homeland Security.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
That man needs to be beat about the head and neck repeatedly with an autographed silicone reproduction of Shepard Smith's member...

...what next....'death by a thousand boinks'???..........

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9873 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I think I would prefer a career law enforcement officer over a judge or a prosecutor. Especially one that worked their way up. Now where is Jelly Bryce when you need him....

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Not to mention having to keep up with Trump like every other Executive Office official.

The answer, I think, is that all DC weasels are ambitious. It's good to be on an appeals court, but will a stint as FBI Director make it possible for Garland to climb to a more exciting position in the government or a more lucrative position in the private sector? There's no guarantee that an Appeals Court judgeship will lead to a seat on the SCOTUS, and that may not be what Garland's really after anyway.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

That sounds a lot like chess to me. I wouldn't have expected such a suggestion from McConnell - maybe there is more depth there than I thought.

Posts: 7059 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

In a word, 'Hell No'. Actually that's two. Smile Let's not put someone into the role of FBI Director that is a proven liberal, who will thwart President Trump at every turn, and that we cannot trust will actually enforce the law as written. Of course putting Garland into the FBI virtually guarantees the Clintons will never be prosecuted for anything.

Screw the political gamesmanship crap and let's put someone good into the role of FBI Director.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

In a word, 'Hell No'. Actually that's two. Smile Let's not put someone into the role of FBI Director that is a proven liberal, who will thwart President Trump at every turn, and that we cannot trust will actually enforce the law as written. Of course putting Garland into the FBI virtually guarantees the Clintons will never be prosecuted for anything.

Screw the political gamesmanship crap and let's put someone good into the role of FBI Director.

I submit the FBI director is a non partisan role who has very little impact in the overwhelming majority of FBI investigations. The only reason Comey came to such prominence in the last year is the Clinton fiasco, with BJ and Loretta complicating matters. But for that, he makes a recommendation to the DOJ, and the onus is on them.

With the FBI director dealing with DAG, I'd be OK with Garland, not that he is my favorite, but he would be confirmable and open up another opportunity in the swamp.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
with all due respect, putting Garland in as FBI Director would be extremely ill advised. Why give power to someone who is very likely to support and enable the rabid attack dogs of the far left ?

We need to stop catering to the DEMs and hammer them into the dust.

https://townhall.com/news/us/2...ick-schumer-n2326683

The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate said on Sunday that Democrats would consider refusing to vote on a new FBI director until a special prosecutor is named to investigate President Donald Trump’s potential ties to Russia.

Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said his caucus has not yet made a decision on whether to withhold their votes, but added that the issue is being looked at as a way to ensure there is a thorough investigation of alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

If the Senate vote on an FBI director were to break down along strict party lines, Democrats would not have the votes to block a nominee.

"The key is getting some of our Republican colleagues to join us," Schumer said.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
More grandstanding by Schumer. That man is absolute garbage. He cares NOTHING about the country just his own personal power.

I would love to have someone ask him, on camera, if he would support a special prosecutor to investigate the Clintons. And if says no ask him why. After all there is more evidence of Clinton wrongdoing than Russian interference.

Like Justice Garland, if Trump nominates the right guy there will be no practical reason to oppose them. Real people see things like that, and it matters.

In the end though I think the democrats are WAY overplaying the Russian thing. It may cater to their ignorant base but I think people are sick of the obstruction and failure to focus on the issues at hand. As long as Trump keeps moving forward he can hammer the democrats in 2018 and 2020 on their failure to put the country above their petty personal issues.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate said on Sunday that Democrats would consider refusing to vote on a new FBI director until a special prosecutor is named to investigate President Donald Trump’s potential ties to Russia.

Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said his caucus has not yet made a decision on whether to withhold their votes, but added that the issue is being looked at as a way to ensure there is a thorough investigation of alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

If the Senate vote on an FBI director were to break down along strict party lines, Democrats would not have the votes to block a nominee.

"The key is getting some of our Republican colleagues to join us," Schumer said.

Do we really NEED a new director? After all, the professionals at FBI and DOJ are relentlessly pursuing the same investigations in the same way, with all necessary resources.

If Schumer wants to block a confirmation, maybe that's not such a bad thing. What's the downside?

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Schumer wants to block a confirmation, maybe that's not such a bad thing. What's the downside?
Or maybe if Mitchie wasn't such a punk he'd just jam the next director through committee and up for a vote and make it painfully clear to everyone that the Dem's are irrelevant and aren't running anything in Washington right now. I for one am sick of this playing nice with their 'colleagues' crap. Get this voted on the day Trump nominates his new director and move on...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I think I would prefer a career law enforcement officer over a judge or a prosecutor. Especially one that worked their way up. Now where is Jelly Bryce when you need him....
How about Sheriff Clarke?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
with all due respect, putting Garland in as FBI Director would be extremely ill advised. Why give power to someone who is very likely to support and enable the rabid attack dogs of the far left ?

We need to stop catering to the DEMs and hammer them into the dust.

From your lips to President Trump's ears.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11199 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Eight individuals interviewed over the weekend. Reported to be 14 total candidates.

http://www.witn.com/content/ne...views-422166753.html

8 candidates interview for FBI Director

WASHINGTON (AP) — Eight candidates for FBI director have been interviewed at Justice Department headquarters as President Donald Trump searches for James Comey's replacement.

So far 14 people have emerged as candidates. Just over half of them met Saturday with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and his deputy, Rod Rosenstein.

Those interviewed for the job include Sen. John Corny of Texas, former congressman Mike Rogers of Michigan and acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe.

Two female candidates, former Bush administration officials Alice Fisher and Frances Townsend, also met with Sessions and Rosenstein. The FBI has never been led by a woman.

Trump has told reporters that he could make his decision public before leaving for the Mideast and Europe on Friday.

Previous Story:

President Donald Trump says "a fast decision" might be made on selecting a new FBI director, possibly by late next week.

Trump leaves Friday for his first foreign trip as president. He tells reporters that it's possible an announcement on James Comey's replacement could come before then.

Several candidates for the job have been interviewed Saturday at Justice Department headquarters in Washington. The interviews are being conducted by Attorney General Jeff Sessions and his deputy, Rod Rosenstein.

Among those being interviewed are Sen. John Cornyn of Texas and a federal judge from Virginia, Henry E. Hudson. Another candidate is the head of the FBI's office in Richmond, Virginia, Adam Lee.

The acting FBI director, Andrew McCabe, and former Michigan congressman Mike Rogers also have interviewed for the position.

Previous Story:

An association of FBI agents says it supports a former Michigan congressman and ex-FBI agent, Mike Rogers, for FBI director.

The FBI Agents Association is urging President Donald Trump to nominate Rogers for the bureau's top job. Trump fired James Comey from the position on Tuesday.

At least six candidates are slated to interview at the Justice Department on Saturday. Rogers isn't among them, but he is on a list of more than a dozen people the president is considering.

The agents association says Rogers' experience makes him the best candidate.

Rogers worked for the FBI as a special agent based in Chicago in the 1990s and briefly advised Trump's transition team on national security issues. His name was floated as a possible replacement for Director Robert Mueller in 2013.

Previous Story:

Four candidates to be FBI director were in line Saturday for the first interviews with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, at Justice Department headquarters.

The Trump administration is looking to fill the job after President Donald Trump abruptly fired Director James Comey this past week.

The first candidate to arrive was Alice Fisher, a top Justice Department official in the George W. Bush administration. She said nothing to reporters as she headed inside.

Among those also expected to be coming were acting FBI director Andrew McCabe, Michael J. Garcia, an associate judge on New York’s highest court, and GOP Sen. John Cornyn of Texas, the No. 2 Senate leader and a former state attorney general. That’s according to two people familiar with the search process who weren’t authorized to publicly discuss the deliberations and spoke on condition of anonymity.

They are among nearly a dozen candidates Trump is considering, a group that includes several lawmakers, attorneys and law enforcement officials.

Fisher formerly served as assistant attorney general for the Justice Department’s Criminal Division. She faced resistance from Democrats during her confirmation over her alleged participation in discussions about detention policies at the Guantanamo Bay facility in Cuba. She also was deputy special counsel to the Senate special committee that investigated President Bill Clinton’s Whitewater scandal.

The FBI has never had a female director.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post