SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain Your Handle
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain Your Handle Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Here's another one who didn't quite think things through before signing up. Maybe I jinxed myself, since I still am Sigless.

The 765 was because my 7.65mm Walther PPK was on the desk next to the computer when I signed up.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
IDPA club I used to shoot at was very heavy in 1911 and the purists looked down on us that shot lesser calibers. The day I showed up with a 1911 in 9mm, the match director started calling me "Mr. 9mm".

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
2nd Battalion, 9th Field Artillery (4th Inf. Div., Viet Nam)

Started using this years ago on different sites on the off-chance that someone from the unit would recognize it and contact me.

We now have a website, but I just kept the name.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2275 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Report This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Aviation speak for 229R.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Many moons ago I was a 19 year old member of the local Norton Owners Club.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Report This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Vasectomy.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Just an old Academy nickname.

I figured it had something to do with Admiral Halsey - you're own tribute "Balze Halze".

I was also referred to as "The Admiral" or just "Admiral" and still am by many. It was a toss up which handle I was going to choose.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
It was my first Sig and remains the platform that still works best for me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
The ladder truck I drove in the fire department in New Jersey back in the 90s.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first started hunting along the Wasatch Front in Utah nearly forty years ago, the guys that introduced me to deer hunting nick named me Gutpile Charlie

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It's my SASS alias that I have had for the past 20 years. I got it because I am a co-owner and operator of a foreign auto repair shop and fix a lot of our cowboy club's rolling stock.

--------------------------------------------
You can't have no idea how little I care.

Posts: 344 | Registered: December 24, 2006Report This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
It's the name I was given by club brothers back in my patch holder days & being a biker ...

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
My very first Rottweiler and the best damn dog I have ever owned. Her name was "Ty".

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWills:
the Mark Twain jpg seemed fitting.
Are you sure that's Mark Twain?

I think it looks more like Sam Clemens.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Fl Native, got a grass skirt and a spear. My favorite touristas fall asleep on their belly and sunburn the soles of their feet.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Powerhouse operator who likes sig pistols

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Report This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Back in my early professional photography days when shooting medium-format film cameras, I used Bronica camera gear. My first name is Bill. When joining photography forums, I became "bronicabill", and the name has stuck ever since!

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
'newt' is a kind of salamander; there are PNW species where I live;

I was new to Sig when a buddy eating fig newtons prior to inspecting my first one was pleased and remarked 'that sig is better than...'

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Ozarkwoods=location I lived when I became a member....since then I am constantly on the move in our Motorhome seeking new adventures, meeting new people with my wife and our Schnauzer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTIN BLANKS:
Vasectomy.

Another one I wondered about? Here I thought you did alot of funerals... Cool

Thanks so much all, really am enjoying it.

Still, I am a bit curious about those moderators like lbj, LDD or the man himself ?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post