SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain Your Handle
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain Your Handle Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am an Emergency Medicine physician. Quite a long time ago, maybe a decade or so, we had a patient arrive in the ED who was beaten pretty bad and left for dead in a drainage ditch. It was a cool North Florida night, so her core body temperature dropped. We resuscitated her for several hours ("they're not dead until they're warm and dead"). Had pulled out all sorts of stops on her. After being clinically dead for hours, we were able to get her back. After a few weeks in the ICU, she left the hospital physically and mentally intact.

She became known as the Ditch Lady, and I the Ditch Doctor. Evidently there's another DitchDoctor registered here, so I just added the 911.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Report This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Part of my last name (Google my uncle Roy Rogers birth name)

'Cause the that's the kinda guy I am

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Report This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
When I joined, I had a German Shorthair Pointer named Calli. She was a good little bird dog - hence Callibird

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Report This Post
Living In A Wild Place
posted Hide Post
I was a pilot long ago.

Posts: 295 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: June 09, 2005Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
My last name is Burton. First name Rob(ert). Middle initial W (for William, in case you care).

Cryptic, I know. I've been accused of being too subtle from time to time.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am like Dewey Crowe from justified (Floridian who moved up to redneck country) sans white power tattoos.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My VFD #

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Report This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Someone once called Claudia Shiffer, Claudia Shifferbrains for something she said. I thought it was funny and took the name.

Besides, if I post something stupid, it's ok he's Shifferbrains.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
It's the kind of engineering degree I have.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Report This Post
Trust me, I am a
Professional Engineer.
Picture of RespectTheAmish
posted Hide Post
I saw it on a shirt many years ago, while living in Napanee,IN. Which has a large population of Amish, and I thought it was funny.

Posts: 482 | Location: Wish I was in Indy | Registered: June 15, 2004Report This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm morally bankrupt and have a playroom.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I had a goal to make 1000 skydives before I turned 21. 1000 jumps gets your your gold wings award. My gold wings number is #3971.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am a muzzle flash aficionado--I like my guns to create big noisy ones; I collect photos of them; and I rate movies by how many they have.

My avatar is a Smilie I created to suggest the effect of firing my favorite pistol--a L.A.R. Grizzly in .50 AE.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Roy Rogers (Leonard Slye) was your uncle...that is so cool. I really liked him...gave me many hours of fun growing up. Even watch reruns of his TV show with our grandkids now.

quote:
Originally posted by slyguy:
Part of my last name (Google my uncle Roy Rogers birth name)

'Cause the that's the kinda guy I am

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Initial of my first name, followed by my ID number at the time I became a member here.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
In my hurry to become a member, I should have thought about it longer, not realizing it'd be permanent.

Yup. Kinda like that.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Coached my young sons' travel baseball teams....one was the Cobras the other son was the Thunder, but his number was 21.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Life long Denver Broncos fan.

Posts: 202 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: November 06, 2001Report This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I have no idea how to SCUBA dive, but after the Adam Sandler movie "Big Daddy" came out, people called me Scuba Steve, as my name IS Steve. That much is true. It was probably slightly more relevant 14 1/2 yrs ago when I first joined SF. Maybe I just look like this:

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Report This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I carried the M60 and M240B in the Air Force. My first name is Gabriel, a USO girl said I was like a guardian angel when I was the pair of legs next to her when she was riding in the back seat of a Humvee with me in the turret. So I made that (guardianangel762) my email address...For those not in the know the M60 and M240 fire 7.62x51mm ammo.

So 12 years ago when I joined here it was kinda a no brainier.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post