SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain Your Handle
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain Your Handle Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mine should be pretty easy to guess.
We have an aqua(Thunderbird Blue) colored T Bird with a white top.

This thread reminds me of the one part in the movie STRIPES when the guys are sitting around telling something about themselves.
And all I can say is that I wanna party with you guys, but keep your hands off me and my stuff.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Retired C-130 Hercules pilot. I was still on active duty when I joined.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:...
This thread reminds me of the one part in the movie STRIPES when the guys are sitting around telling something about themselves.
And all I can say is that I wanna party with you guys, but keep your hands off me and my stuff.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
A weird word I ran across one day. I don't even remember what I was looking for when I found it. I thought at the time it might make a good user name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egregore

Actually, if it were feasible, I'd probably change it.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
5th Battalion, 159th Aviation Regiment
5-159th General Support Aviation Battalion (GSAB)

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:...

Now, that's the spirit!

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
well the day i joined...many many years ago, prob almost 20, I looked around my room for some super ninja cool name, all i could see was a box of golddots in 45/230gr on my desk..so ..here we are LOL

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"Ret"ired from the Marine Corps as a Master Sergeant commonly referred to as "Top".

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Report This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Ace was an early high school nickname and 73 was the year I graduated!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Because I'm a spec ops operator who uses a Sig, or maybe it was because I saw a movie about spec ops guys who use Sigs.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigh. When I joined I had recently seen RED. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Had I known more about the forum I would have done something simple and cryptic.
Like Zero.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Anush is my wife's name, it means "something sweet or very good" in Armenian. Anush is also an Armenian brandy.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Report This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
It is used on several gun forums and was my online poker handle.

It just seems to fit both places and I hate remembering different usernames.

Are you on your mark when you are aiming at something, or the hand in Poker you are trying to draw to, or your marker on a Texas Hold’em table?

I know a lot of people think I am Mark from Ontario. Big Grin

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Report This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Because my name is Frank and I live in KS.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Report This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Because my name is Frank and I live in KS.

I always figured it was code. Wink

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Elk Hunter

I grew up in North Idaho and took my first elk at age 14. Took one in the next 2 years as well. Went in the army at age 17 (at age 17) and have only been back to Idaho hunting 3 times since.

Did get an elk each time.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
My middle name, which is what everyone calls me, and my first pistol.

I don't use my first name because as v-tail mentioned in another thread...
I am full-blooded <insert name of your favorite American Indian tribe>. In my tribe it is traditional to name a new-born child for the first thing that the mother sees after giving birth. My older brother is 'Peaceful Lake,' and my younger sister is 'Running Deer.' My name is 'Two Dogs Fucking'."

Smile Razz

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
No explanation needed.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Report This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Sigmoid,

I had about 12" of my large intestine and Sigmoid colon removed too due to diverticulitis.

My handle is my Alias for Cowboy Action Shooting. It is just easier to use the same name for my online dealings.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Report This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
My given name is Michael, and I have had a USCG Merchant Mariner's Master's license of one kind or another for 31 years.
Super original.
It's my user name on several forums, and what most of my friends in the "real world" call me.

I get your handle - makes sense. What the hell does your location mean? It's been driving me nuts for a long time. I get the FL/GOM being a Florida native. I just cant figure out the "danger semi-circle" part out. I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot when you tell me. Big Grin Feel free to email me privately if you don't want to disclose it here for OPSEC reasons. The only guess I ever came up with was hurricane/cyclone winds.

I'm some sort of born hurricane magnet, I am always finding myself in the "danger semicircle" of tropical cyclones. My actual house (the most recent one, not yet destroyed by a hurricane) is actually near Sebastian, FL.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Report This Post