SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain Your Handle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain Your Handle Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
You're not a real airline pilot unless you've been furloughed at least once!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack Of All Trades Master Of None.
Not sure how the "V" got in there. No big deal though.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
It's a holdover from college when I joined Sigforum. Way back then I was very politically outspoken and liberal enough that I pissed off the campus conservatives but conservative enough that I pissed off the campus liberals. Everybody thought I was a kook. I figured, hey, why not use it as a handle.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Report This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Named after the band Type O Negative.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldrider:
quote:
Originally posted by Oldrider:
I'm 68 at the time of this posting, and have a pieced together '56 Harley panhead for roughly 30 plus years now.

It gets rode...a lot until it needed a top end about 3 years ago. Currently undergoing work as $$$ allow. We're here...

I do have a Evo FXDL while I'm hacking away on the Pan.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I love catching kingfish

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
with a common name as "John" it is often used on forum and internet sites way before I sign up.

Elton is my middle name and not as common, last initial.

EltonR

sign off as John

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 1Lowtrk
posted Hide Post
I always drive a hot roded lowered old truck

Posts: 248 | Location: Burbank ill | Registered: May 13, 2010Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

Shortly thereafter, I went under the knife and low and behold had a tumor and 10" of my colon removed.

So you went in with a colon, and came out with a semicolon?

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
It's my name and I've been a D Oh Dubba G longer than snoop!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
There was a time that I was very much into large bore rifles and handguns. Most of my handguns were 44 and 45 cal revolvers. Now I only have one 45 revolver left.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I caught the photography bug in my 9th grade photography class in 1981. For about the last 14 years, I've been playing around with this 4x5 camera:

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Report This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge race fan, have been following F1 for years. Where I'm from (northern Maine) is strongly Scottish and my Grandparents were 100% Scot. Sir Jackie Stewart was not only one of the greatest drivers of all time, but led the efforts to change F1 and stop the 1 driver death a race that was happening. He succeeded and has never been shy about his opinion. He is direct, skilled and focused - just like most of my family. He was called the Flying Scot. I also love to sail and that is the name of one boat types.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
CHEG was the abbreviation for the Chemical Engineering department at Rensselaer Poytechnic Institute where I earned my BS in Chemical Engineering. At the time I signed up for the forum I was a lieutenant at my volunteer fire department so Lt CHEG was born. I've used that handle at pretty much every other forum I've joined over the years for consistency sake.

Strangely, although my full time job is in law enforcement I've never held the rank of Lieutenant in law enforcement. As a cop, I've only been a patrolman, a Special Agent or a Senior Special Agent. Also I went on through the ranks at the firehouse up to assistant chief. I then went inactive for several years and then returned to active status in the last year. I don't have the same time to donate that I once did, but in a strange twist of fate I have been asked to serve as a lieutenant once again (they're happy with whatever time I can give helping out the newer members from a leadership position but without too much admin BS). So for the time being my handle is actually accurate again too.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Name and year of birth

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I hauled heavy equipment used in road building and construction for years. Now I drive a Komatsu 930 e mining truck...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Report This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
A part of an inside joke from a long, long time ago, and the rest is obvious.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Report This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
My radio call sign in the Army

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When I joined 10+ yrs ago, I used my dog Max as my handle as in Max the dog. Shortened to Maxdog.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
offgrid, about 2 1/2 miles from utility power.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Report This Post