SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Explain Your Handle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Explain Your Handle Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Old bank teller

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
A nonsensical handle that just came to me: Enigmatic with an "s" added Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Sigs or guns period, are one expensive hobby and sailing is the other.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just an old Academy nickname.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
A twist on a pet name my brother had for me when I was a kid- a little sassy and cheeky.

It also happens to be a bit of a play on my husband's handle here- not quite the antonym, but close..

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The name and location of a cemetery in Wicklow where there was a family vault in which some of my ancestors were buried up until about 1800.

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose. - Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart, VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO.

Posts: 167 | Location: Ireland | Registered: December 03, 2007Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Mine is pretty obvious.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
Itchy was taken.

See, this is what I mean right here; I had no idea what this handle meant and was always scratching my head trying to figure it out...

quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Mine is pretty obvious.

Yeah, OK, but is it legal whats in the pipe?
That's what I wonder when I see your posts.
Just sayin'

Ya'all are 'splaining alot and cracking me up!

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I'm a Texan.

Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I was signing up on the forum, this is the first forum I joined, in my excited state, right after I signed the waiver, not knowing what I was doing, I just put my name in, so that's my exciting handle story!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My closest friends call me Jimbo and 1954 was the year I fired my first firearm. It was an old Winchester .22 bolt rifle. I've been hooked ever since.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My initials, and a portion of my zip code.

Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
LBTRS = Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special

The 1911 I shot to earn my master qualification with the defensive handgun.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Report This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Founded, owned and operated "Hillsdale County's Appliance Store Since 1984", Brad's Appliance, Inc. I'm the Brad in Brad's Appliance, therefore, "Appliance Brad".

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
My initials and my granddaughter's first name.
I have been her custodian for 8 years.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
My given name is Michael, and I have had a USCG Merchant Mariner's Master's license of one kind or another for 31 years.
Super original.
It's my user name on several forums, and what most of my friends in the "real world" call me.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Report This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Hamden (CT) made High Standard target pistols. My first one (and still own it since 1970) is a Model 106 Supermatic Trophy bullbarrel. Now I have 10-12 HS pistols.

I almost used my much younger days nickname "Speedy House Ape". But It doesn't fit too well anymore.

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Report This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
First name and part of middle name.
Also was in my first auto accident at age 3 or 4 as a result of finding a monkey wrench in the back seat of my grandfathers old car and as I was asking what it was hooked it onto the steering wheel and pulled us into a large deep ditch. WRECKLESS!

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
It's sort of from the Bible. In Mark 3:17 Jesus gave the name Boanerges to James and John because they tended to get their ire up easily. Jesus was having a bit of fun with them. Boanerges means "Sons of Thunder", so Thunderson was born as a way to remind me to not take myself too seriously.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Wife picked it and signed me up to the forum when I was at work as a favor since I mentioned about joining. I would of pick something cooler. I haven't talked to her since and we live under the same roof. Big Grin

Posts: 5303 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Report This Post