SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
The only sport I give much attention to is OSU Buckeye football. And if they let them take a knee I'm done with them. It's a matter of principle for me. It's time for someone to stand up and say here's the rules. It's my way or the highway. But it is the big tv money that directs all of this. Sponsors' money is why they play any of these games anymore.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com...onor-of-george-floyd

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Well, the Redskins are officially no more. For the 2020 football season they will be known as....the Washington Football Team.

https://www.nfl.com/news/washi...team-nfl-name-change

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Well, the Redskins are officially no more. For the 2020 football season they will be known as....the Washington Football Team.

I should be outraged over this PC bullshit but I just don't give a damn. Fuck you NFL...

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
....the Washington Football Team.
Not that I really give a tinker's dam, but...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Brilliant

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:

I should be outraged over this PC bullshit but I just don't give a damn. Fuck you NFL...

The sound of empty seats jeering.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
If this plandemic has shown us only one thing, it's that we can get along just fine without professional sports

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
If this plandemic has shown us only one thing, it's that we can get along just fine without professional sports

"Plandemic," eh? I think I like that better than the term I've been using: Scamdemic.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Not link worthy but here is the news...

"Washington will be called the ‘Washington Football Team’ until they pick a new name"

How generically inoffensive Roll Eyes

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Remember how bland everything Soviet was? Remember how grateful we were to have the flash and excitement of corporate competition and sponsorship lacing our culture? Now we are being subjected to Soviet style generic titles and product revisions. Aunt Jemima will be Comrade’s Choice syrup substitute. Uncle Ben’s will be Likeitornot instant rice product. Imagine the innocuous labels. Everyone must wear gray.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Washington will be called the ‘Washington Football Team’ until they pick a new name"

Washington has some of the worst attendance in the league.

79.9 percent for home games. 3rd from the bottom. Few teams have sold out last year. This year financial losses will be staggering.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Washington Football Team

Sad... this:

Becomes this:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Until 4 years ago, I was a huge Dallas Cowboys fan, since 1970. I really never liked, nah - make that - I hated the Redskins.

But I enjoyed the Cowboys - Redskins rivalry greatly. This name change thing is a bunch of c--p!

Sad, really sad...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It should be the "Washington Swamp Creatures" football team.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Washington Football Team

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

They should just call the team the LGTBQ's. Gain a whole new fanbase.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
MLB is going to have BLM on the mound in DC opening week. It just never ends.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
MLB is going to have BLM on the mound in DC opening week. It just never ends.
OK.
And then what?
And then what?
And then what?
And then what?
And then what?
And then what?
And then what?
And then what?
Ad infinitum.

"THEY" (regardless of color, creed, religion, sexual/gender orientation, or origin) will NEVER be happy. What do "THEY" want? WORLD DOMINATION with the extinction of everything Whitey??

Ain't gonna happen...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post