SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve not watched the felons since 2016 & that includes any and all future games. I’ll boycott college ball also if that B/S moves to their level. I’ve already chosen the Service Academies as my favorites. If the USMC & the Coast Guard had teams, I’d pull for them also.

Screw the nfl (not worthy of using caps).

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have to give them credit. I didn’t think my interest in the NFL could be any lower but they have managed to make me hate their organization yet again. Bravo fools. Inject politics into something many people love because of its lack of politics and it’s previous ability to escape the worlds BS temporarily. STOP MAKING EVERY GOD DAMNED THING POLITICAL! Why can’t big corporations just shove their politics up their ass then STFU!?

Congrats NFL you played yourselves.

A separate anthem!? Separate but equal eh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
Remember when Scott Jordan of SCOTTeVEST was roundly kicked in these parts for saying what he actually thought-- that conservatives and Trump supporters were "fucking idiots" and that he loved that they continued to buy his stuff?

NFL has been doing that for years, but many here will continue to make excuses for why THEIR contributing to advertising revenue, merchandising profits, ticket sales, etc, isn't the same at all as continuing to buy SCOTTeVEST products after Jordan's revelation.

Flame away, but if you support the NFL in any way, shape, or form, you're supporting the enemy, plain and simple.

Well stated.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Flame away, but if you support the NFL in any way, shape, or form, you're supporting the enemy, plain and simple.

Many expressed the same sentiment the last time, and the last time. But some simply will not turn away from their football no matter what the NFL does.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remember when Scott Jordan of SCOTTeVEST was roundly kicked in these parts for saying what he actually thought-- that conservatives and Trump supporters were "fucking idiots" and that he loved that they continued to buy his stuff?

NFL has been doing that for years, but many here will continue to make excuses for why THEIR contributing to advertising revenue, merchandising profits, ticket sales, etc, isn't the same at all as continuing to buy SCOTTeVEST products after Jordan's revelation.

quote:
Many expressed the same sentiment the last time, and the last time. But some simply will not turn away from their football no matter what the NFL does

I hear what you are saying and I'm almost to that point, but virtually everything in our lives supports the left in some way. Are you going to give up your cell phone, laptop, credit card, online retailer, favorite soda or adult beverage, etc? It's easy to say sports fans should give up the NFL, but I'm sure there are tons of things in your lives where the same could be said about things you enjoy.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
How 'bout we start with the OBVIOUS Leftist fucktards like the National Felons League and THEN move on to the more subtle ones? Could we at least agree on that??
quote:
A-freaking-men!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I hear what you are saying and I'm almost to that point, but virtually everything in our lives supports the left in some way. Are you going to give up your cell phone, laptop, credit card, online retailer, favorite soda or adult beverage, etc? It's easy to say sports fans should give up the NFL, but I'm sure there are tons of things in your lives where the same could be said about things you enjoy.

You have to start somewhere.Sports were never my thing but did attend several games over the years.NEVER AGAIN.I have written off quite a few companies.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^
How 'bout we start with the OBVIOUS Leftist fucktards like the National Felons League and THEN move on to the more subtle ones? Could we at least agree on that??
quote:
A-freaking-men!!!

quote:

You have to start somewhere.Sports were never my thing but did attend several games over the years.NEVER AGAIN.I have written off qu

Sure, we'll start with sports because it doesn't matter to either of you. For some of us it's one of the few joys we get in life. Subtle? I'm not saying we should still watch the NFL, but instead of telling us what we are supporting, how about you put your money where your mouths are and give up using the real contributors like Youtube, Amazon, Twitter, Google products, and Apple. All I'm saying is be consistent if you are really that upset about things. Don't just say I don't care about something, so those of you who do need to stop supporting the left.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I don't over think it ... I just don't watch pro football anymore and not for years but I support your right to choose whether to watch it or not. Remains to be seen if I'll have an opportunity to NOT watch it again this year. They already wear masks, so what else do they need to do? I mean there's penalties and everything when one grabs another one's mask ... I think. They get a free-throw or something maybe.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I didn’t realize sports was necessary for survival. Easy for me to turn my back on.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Damn. I'm gonna end up having to give up college football as well, I can just feel it. Every Saturday is going to be the woke olympics, seeing which team can support the riots and terrorists more and special features showing how the evil police abused some poor rioter who happens to be the little brother of a player who dindunuffin. I can't/won't put up with it.

For those who hate sports in general and football specifically it's easy to say anyone watching is a traitor. Remember that the next time you watch any production from Hollywood or pay to support some musician who routinely craps on America and conservatives. I'm sure if we checked we could find plenty of support for traitors among the things you like and support.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Our house is now hardcore NHL fans. It took awhile to get used to no football, but we stopped watching the NFL when the kneeling controversy first hit.

It's completely doable and we don't miss the NFL one bit. Piss on the entire league. Just turn it off guys. These are the same assholes who don't believe you should own guns and that you should pay reparations. What's wrong with y'all?

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
We've got it over in F1 this weekend as well.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^
quote:
A-freaking-men!!!

quote:

You have to start somewhere.Sports were never my thing but did attend several games over the years.NEVER AGAIN.I have written off qu

Sure, we'll start with sports because it doesn't matter to either of you. For some of us it's one of the few joys we get in life. Subtle? I'm not saying we should still watch the NFL, but instead of telling us what we are supporting, how about you put your money where your mouths are and give up using the real contributors like Youtube, Amazon, Twitter, Google products, and Apple. All I'm saying is be consistent if you are really that upset about things. Don't just say I don't care about something, so those of you who do need to stop supporting the left.

You have no idea what I have stopped supporting BUT I didnt come on here and say "I hear what you are saying and I'm almost to that point" yabut yabut yabut!!!!!!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Take a knee…

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. Hold a musket ball in your Fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won’t be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so Just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real Experience.

Then, take a knee on the beach in Normandy where man after American man Stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces, the Very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. From Khe Sanh to Saigon, anywhere will do. Americans died in all those jungles. There was no Playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they Represented. When they came home, they were protested as well, and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree Heat. Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress. Your number won’t be printed on it unless your number is up! You’ll need to stay hydrated but There won’t be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You’re on your Own.

There are a lot of places to take a knee where Americans have given their Lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought As a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That’s what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your Liberty.

While you’re on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken, but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains, every inch marked by an American life Lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans, just American men and women, delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us, blazing a path so you would have the right to “take a knee.” You haven’t any inkling of what it took to get you where you are, but your “protest” is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is retired.

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we’ll both kneel before Almighty God. We’ll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We’ll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We’ll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We’ll pray for liberty and justice for all, because He is the one who provides those things. But there will be no Protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the Brave.
By Stanislaus Drew
https://www.truthorfiction.com...-knee-by-ted-nugent/
https://conservativefiringline...thor-internet-storm/

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Are you the author of that piece?

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Googled and found author. Edited my post. If that is still not cool let me know and I will delete.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Your post needs a link and we need to know the author.

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Our house is now hardcore NHL fans. It took awhile to get used to no football, but we stopped watching the NFL when the kneeling controversy first hit.

Similar here...
I was a Rams season ticket holder during the glory years under Kurt Warner et al.

Then this happened:

After Ferguson, the Rams came out of the tunnel with this BS "hands up, don't shoot" display. It was all a lie. It greatly upset the community.

Ever since.... I've become a bigger hockey fan. Go Blues!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post