SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If professional sports depended on me for income, they would have trouble paying for pizza and beer after the game.

They play games for a living, if they all disappeared, I would never notice.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Advice to woke pro sports: Try doing just sports again
By Harrington

You know the old joke. I went to the fights, and a hockey game broke out. Today it's more like I was watching a left-wing political rally, and an NBA game broke out.

It is impossible to watch a sporting event these days without being lectured by the players, owners, leagues, and networks. What American sports needs is a good dose of Ricky Gervais, like when he roasted Hollywood during the Golden Globes for its nonstop politicking.

I'm no Ricky Gervais, and this is more of a rant than humor but here it goes.

Dear professional athletes:

You are remarkably talented at dribbling a basketball or throwing a football or baseball, but at your young age, you most likely know very little about life and history, especially the nuances of race relations in America, capitalism, global warming, or whatever else you're prattling on about. You're in no position to lecture anyone about anything, except maybe how to dunk a basketball.

But hey, the great thing about America is that it is your right to speak out if you want, even if you're a fool. But please do this on your own time and not at work. Please stop annoying the hell out of the paying customers. One final tip, if I may: Your rants about how you've been disadvantaged by growing up in horrible America will come off as more genuine if you aren't posing in front of your Bentleys when you're doing them.

Dear sports leagues and team-owners:

Stop treating your fans and customers as if they are racist, homophobic, uneducated rubes with little or no moral character. How rude. That is a horrible way to treat a paying customer. You're in no position to lecture anyone on anything. If anything, it is your team or league that has a history of racism and cutting deals with human rights–abusers like China, not your fans. Also, please stop shoving a communist front organization down our throats on players' uniforms and playing fields. And oh, by the way, saying all lives matter isn't racist, but disavowing those who say it is.

The tradition of playing "The Star Spangled Banner" before athletic events started during World War I as an act of patriotism. Since you have no will to prevent your players from disgracing the National Anthem, just stop playing it. I'd rather not have the anthem played if by playing it, we have to stand by and watch as millionaire players do the equivalent of giving America the finger during it.

Stop changing your names and traditions just because some two-bit activists tell you to. The Washington Football Team is a stupid moniker. One clue to the clueless: The activists represent themselves, not those whom they say they speak for. If you really give a damn about American Indians, send some of the proceeds from your TV contracts to help with the poverty, poor educational system, and the lack of proper medical facilities, and to stop substance abuse that happens on reservations. How does eliminating words and symbols like Indians, braves, squaws, tomahawks help them? It just pushes them farther on the margins of American consciences.

Dear sports networks:

Watch your own broadcasts sometime. The quality sinks lower each year along with the morality. You're in no position to lecture anyone about anything.

Your sporting broadcasts are supposed to be entertaining. Stop firing your on-air talent when they say things like all lives matter or harassing them when they make a joke about women being a distraction to hockey players in the NHL bubble. Are we to pretend that men have not been distracted by women since the dawn of time? It's called biology. Look it up sometime, and not on Wikipedia.

Here's a tip for you. Go to YouTube and watch Harry Caray broadcasting an old White Sox game. At times he was clearly drunk on air, butchered the players' names, talked about their ethnicities as well as good-looking women in the stands. Everyone loved Harry Caray because he was entertaining and fun to listen to. There is nothing fun about the new generation of sports broadcasters, who sound like an old Pravda TV announcer telling us the virtues of Leonid Brezhnev.

American sports fans are being pushed around. If they are pushed any farther, we will have an Atlas Shrugged moment on our hands.

https://www.americanthinker.co...st_sports_again.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
NFL Opener 'Racial Unity' Moment Sees Stadium Erupt In Boos

Who would have thought that sports fans just want to watch... sports?

Thursday night's return of the NFL which saw the Kansas City Chiefs host the Houston Texans began with an “End Racism” message of unity (words which were also emblazoned at the end of the field).

As Mediaite details, things went downhill despite the special display: "The Kansas City Chiefs hosted the Houston Texans Thursday evening for the NFL’s opening game of the 2020 season, and intended to provide a show of unity by locking arms with their teammates and opponents before the game — but the solemnity of the moment was ruined by fans booing in the stands."

Yes it's confirmed, not just in this latest booing incident, but Gallup polling shows the Great Awokening of professional sports is alienating many, perhaps most:

The sports industry now has a negative image, on balance, among Americans as a whole, with 30% viewing it positively and 40% negatively, for a -10 net-positive score. This contrasts with the +20 net positive image it enjoyed in 2019, when 45% viewed it positively and 25% negatively.

This slide in the sports industry’s image comes as professional and college leagues are struggling, and not always successfully, to maintain regular schedules and playing seasons amid the pandemic. Professional football, baseball and basketball games have also become focal points for public displays of support for the Black Lives Matter movement.

And of course the NFL fans present for the Chiefs-Texans game were later subject of media anger and outrage for the boos which were clearly picked up by NBC's cameras.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...s-stadium-erupt-boos

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
They need to understand they are basically trained monkeys paid to ENTERTAIN us ,not spout politics or opinions.

Shut the hell up and play the game.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
So far NBA and MLB ratings have been horrible. These NFL fools are going the extra mile with this SJW BS to piss off fans, so their ratings are likely to make the NBA and MLB ratings look good by comparison. Here's to the ultimate destruction of all these leagues at their own hands.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
They need to understand they are basically trained monkeys paid to ENTERTAIN us ,not spout politics or opinions.

Shut the hell up and play the game.

Ditto for the Hollywood critters.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Don't be in the stadium to boo in the first place

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Politicizing sports is one of the dumbest moves these millionaire thugs have ever done. And that's saying a mouthful. Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Shows how really important they think they are. Dumbasses! I'm done with pro sports and honestly want to see them all fail after this bullshit.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a football game?

How about just play the game.

No more national anthems for games, no more mid-game music performances, no more on-field re-enlistment ceremonies, no more returning soldiers surprising their families after deployment to entertain the masses, no more fly-overs, no more special colored uniforms, etc.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about just play the game?

No more national anthems for games, no more mid-game music performances, no more on-field re-enlistment ceremonies, no more returning soldiers surprising their families after deployment to entertain the masses, no more fly-overs, no more special colored uniforms, etc.

I agree.

The NFL kissed up to the military when it was convenient for them... but the military was also kissing up to the NFL because it was free advertising which helped with recruitment.

However, it turns out that there's a price to pay for all that free advertising. It corrupts the military by association. Cut it off.

-rduckwor

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Glad to see this. Down over 16%.

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-ratings-drop-tank/

NFL OPENING NIGHT RATINGS TANK, LIKELY 10-YEAR LOW

he NFL is back, but the story reads ugly. According to Deadline, opening night is looking at a 10-year low.

In early numbers, the Chiefs win scored a 5.2 among adults 18-49 and 16.4 million viewers between 8-11 p.m. ET. While the number will adjust some upward later to 11:30 p.m., right now it’s a 16.1% drop. In fast affiliates, last night fell the same 16.1%.

Though the NFL actually kept wokeness to a minimum, football fans didn’t give it the chance. It was too late. Fans heard the chatter, saw what happened with Drew Brees, and knew social justice would take priority pregame. Americans expected the players to kneel, thus they avoided finding out.

This number is alarming. Patrick Mahomes is the best show in sports, the Chiefs are a thrill ride. If that combination can’t get fans to ignore the exhausting nonsense, few games will.

Point 4 is worth monitoring. Odds are Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson drew well over 3 million viewers last night. The awful product that was the Lakers-Rockets game likely wasn’t a factor.

Check back to Outkick for all ratings news. Unlike the rest of the sports media, we don’t pick-and-choose when viewership is covered.

I can already see Bomani Jones, Dan Le Batard, and the rest of ESPN throwing out the topic script to cover the NFL’s rough night.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Glad to see this. Down over 16%.

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-ratings-drop-tank/

NFL OPENING NIGHT RATINGS TANK, LIKELY 10-YEAR LOW

Though the NFL actually kept wokeness to a minimum, football fans didn’t give it the chance.

I watched from the start of the game through 3 quarters, and they did NOT keep wokeness to a minimum. Playing both “National anthems” (I’m curious what group of people, speaking on behalf of all blacks, decided that was their “national” anthem?), the singers wearing George Floyd and Brenna Taylor T-shirts, “End Racism” written on each end zone, the NBC commentators going on prior to kickoff about how we all need to come together, etc., a lot of woke commercials featuring plenty of people of color, and so on. And of course, it was brought up again during the halftime show. It was pretty thick.

However, once the game started, it was a pretty normal game and commentary. Maybe this was just a one off for the first game, but they really need to dial that back for the future and just play football. There were noticeable boos during the linking of arms prior to the kickoff, but my opinion, that wasn’t because of the specific message, but just because people are tired of it being constantly rammed down their throats. I think people just want to watch a football game without social or political commentary, and if the NFL doesn’t knock it back, they WILL turn off a bunch or fans.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I think people just want to watch a football game without social or political commentary, and if the NFL doesn’t knock it back, they WILL turn off a bunch or fans.

That ship has already sailed. I am a huge, lifelong football fan and I'm done with the NFL. I tuned out for bit when the whole kneeling thing started, but it looked like they had finally turned the corner on it and I watched a handful of games last year. I won't allow any TV or streaming device I own or control be tuned to the NFL at any time this year - I can guarantee that.

With this full embrace - names on jerseys and helmets, painted end zones, made up national anthems, etc. I am D-O-N-E.

Was hoping it wouldn't infect college ball, but seeing clips of Herbstreit's fake, woke crying I'm done with Gameday. Used to be a Saturday morning tradition. I'll try the first Bama game, but if they pull any of this crap I'm done with college ball as well.

I realize others may be willing to accept this and continue to support and encourage their social justice pandering, but I'm done - enough is enough.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I think people just want to watch a football game without social or political commentary, and if the NFL doesn’t knock it back, they WILL turn off a bunch or fans.

That ship has already sailed. I am a huge, lifelong football fan and I'm done with the NFL. I tuned out for bit when the whole kneeling thing started, but it looked like they had finally turned the corner on it and I watched a handful of games last year. I won't allow any TV or streaming device I own or control be tuned to the NFL at any time this year - I can guarantee that.

With this full embrace - names on jerseys and helmets, painted end zones, made up national anthems, etc. I am D-O-N-E.

Was hoping it wouldn't infect college ball, but seeing clips of Herbstreit's fake, woke crying I'm done with Gameday. Used to be a Saturday morning tradition. I'll try the first Bama game, but if they pull any of this crap I'm done with college ball as well.

I realize others may be willing to accept this and continue to support them, but I'm done - enough is enough.

It is a hard habit to break but I am done too. I miss baseball more than I will football. But I miss both a lot less than I thought I would. Time to find some new hobbies.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

This... you bought a ticket they don't care about your booing after that. Buy another $9 beer and boo all you want.

Don't show up in the first place.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
NFL wants to end racism? How about having more white players? There seems to be an imbalance.

The NFL cares about human rights? Why do they employ so many domestic abusers?

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
It was on at the airport last night so I watched a bit just to see if I saw any wokeness. I noticed some players had small stickers on their helmets but I couldn’t make anything out. I didn’t see BLM on the field or on a banner like NBA, MLB and the NHL have done. While just watching the game it was surprisingly the least wild sport including hockey.

That said I only watched because it was on and only to see if I saw any crazy messages. At the first commercial break I started a movie on my phone.

I’m a massive football fan. I’ve played, coached and watched almost my whole life. I refuse to watch another NFL game for a long time. Same for MLB. I don’t watch any other sport so I can’t boycott them. I dint even know who won last night.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

Exactly, they may complain about the boos but they really don't care because people booing still bought tickets. Don't attend games or buy their merchandise. The only thing that will get their attention is HUGE hits to their wallets.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Houston left the field for the national anthem? Seriously? This country is so terrible that it only gives them a chance to make millions playing with a ball.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post