SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to say it will ever happen (and if it did, I'd hope whoever had their insurance premiums paid up), but suppose someone took a knee at the playing of "Lift Every Voice and Sing" (the Black National Anthem)?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Rush said today that he thinks if they play both anthems and the coaches take a knee with the players that will be the last straw for most fans and the death of the NFL. I personally don't care if that's the way it goes. It's too bad for all the stadium help and surrounding businesses but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Rush said today that he thinks if they play both anthems and the coaches take a knee with the players that will be the last straw for most fans and the death of the NFL.
Rush is a smart and savvy man, but, based on that statement it sounds like he doesn't know squat about fans of professional sports.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree. Fans have stayed onboard despite all this crap being shoved in their faces, along with outrageous ticket, parking and concession prices.
I dont think the NFL sinking any further will drive off die hard fans.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
While I love athletic competition as a form of entertainment. I do not really care what Rush thinks. But I do believe there is a point in which fans will see things for what they are and it will doom these sports until management gets a grip on the political cesspool's they have become.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Rush is a smart and savvy man, but, based on that statement it sounds like he doesn't know squat about fans of professional sports.

IME he's partially right. E.g.: One of my best friends used to be a big NFL fan. Threw Super Bowl parties every year and everything. Ever since the Kaepernick thing he doesn't follow the NFL at all anymore.

Will there be others that will roll with the NFL's behavior almost no matter what they do? Sure there will. But others won't.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Let the left and the NFL tear itself apart. I could careless if they rename the Washington Redskins. Hell, last I checked most of us grew up playing Cowboys and Indians. According to the left I'm sure that game is racist in nature so I guess we should be renaming the cowboys as well. See ya NFL...

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Rush said today that he thinks if they play both anthems and the coaches take a knee with the players that will be the last straw for most fans and the death of the NFL. I personally don't care if that's the way it goes. It's too bad for all the stadium help and surrounding businesses but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Rush mentioned that he didn't think the season would take place, social distancing in huddles, social distancing in blocking, social distancing in tackling. He also mentioned about how bloodied up some players get during any particular game and of course all the spitting that goes on.

Posts: 7557 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
He also mentioned about how bloodied up some players get

Well, we've not seen even a suggestion it's a bloodborne pathogen so.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He also mentioned about how bloodied up some players get during any particular game and of course all the spitting that goes on.

^^^^^^^^
They will figure that one out. We have dealt with HIV, and Hepatitis C. Corona appears less lethal at least with this age group.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Unfortunately I agree, because I think the vast majority of fans who pay the bills by tuning in religiously on Sunday or buying tickets just want to be mindlessly entertained by what happens on the field for 60 minutes after the kickoff. The NFL has already lost most of the fans who are pissed off by these woke policies and no matter how much it pisses me off, it won't hurt their bottom line enough to them to change course.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
The only sport I give much attention to is OSU Buckeye football. And if they let them take a knee I'm done with them. It's a matter of principle for me. It's time for someone to stand up and say here's the rules. It's my way or the highway. But it is the big tv money that directs all of this. Sponsors' money is why they play any of these games anymore.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The NFL is ruining itself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He also mentioned about how bloodied up some players get during any particular game and of course all the spitting that goes on

The UFC has been holding sanctioned events for 5 weeks now with no major issues - and an NFL Seasons worth the blood in every fight. They test fighters 3x over a 5 day period prior to the fight and maintain quarantine in between in a monitored hotel room. And - no virtue signaling from Dana White and the UFC. (although MMA is probably the most "global" sport in existence, rivaled only by maybe soccer)

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s because the hardcore fans are fucking morons and don’t realize their beloved sport is slowly being diluted into flag football by progressive assholes. I have one thing to say to the NFL faithful... fuck your stupid sport

This is all fine and good but they will come after your beloved moto sports when they get to it as it is racist and exclusive. They will not stop once empowered and then what will you say, "Fuck myself"?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't watch those overpaid SJWs if they were on the front lawn. Much less pay the scalpers prices for a ticket. I hope they go broke for being so "woke".

Anyways, shooting is America's favorite sport. And always will be. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
...mindlessly entertained by what happens on the field for 60 minutes 3 1/2 hours after the kickoff.
FIFY... Big Grin Wink Seems there's a commercial after every other play. Roll Eyes

It will disappoint me SORELY if I see one Texas Aggie taking a knee in Kyle Stadium. If that happens, that'll pretty much do it for me in terms of football and it will take everything I have to suppress the urge to go kick Jimbo Fisher square in the nuts for allowing that behavior on his watch.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

This is all fine and good but they will come after your beloved moto sports when they get to it as it is racist and exclusive. They will not stop once empowered and then what will you say, "Fuck myself"?

Even the NHL started something a few weeks ago to study how they could be more inclusive for minorities.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Even the NHL started something a few weeks ago to study how they could be more inclusive for minorities.
You're behind the curve on that one, sir. The NHL has been doing that for YEARS via the efforts of Willie O'Ree, the first black player in NHL history. That's kinda Willie's thang... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
If I were present, I'd run up behind the kneelers, kick them in the ass and shout
"Stand up and put your hand over your heart, and sing the National Anthem!!!"

(in my mind)

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post