SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Lynch would have a fun time in Mexico. I don’t think he has seen the level of hate he would experience there.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great photos, it warms the heart.

I liked this comment.
"There is no NFL boycott.

ESPN is as strong as ever.

Nobody is cutting their cable.

Hollywood is seeing record profits in box office sales.

Trump is not the President.

See all this and more on CNN Sunday!"

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:

Great photos, it warms the heart.

I liked this comment.
"There is no NFL boycott.

ESPN is as strong as ever.

Nobody is cutting their cable.

Hollywood is seeing record profits in box office sales.

Trump is not the President.

See all this and more on CNN Sunday!"

Hahah yep, loved that one!

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Karma's a bitch. Warms my heart to see all those empty seats.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Didn't catch the details cuz, well, honestly, I really don't give a damn, but it seems some guys here in Detroit (?) are planning an NFL boycott (?) specifically because they figure Kaepernick is being blackballed?

Oh yeah, that's gonna work Smile

And I'm thinking "If the NFL'd had any sense they'd have nipped this in the bud. Now they're screwed but good."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
ESPN lets another 150 people go.

WINNNING!!!!!!!

ESPN Is Laying Off 150 More Employees

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
If a player takes a knee... but no one sees him... is he still an asshole?
Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Smile

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
But, you see, Americans are simply 'over-saturated' with sports. It's not like we are sick and tired of these liberal/leftist stunts (or so the networks say). Roll Eyes

You reap what you sow.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
They had some or another EPSN talking head on PBS a week of so ago, claiming the drop in NFL attendance and viewership wasn't all that great and had little-to-nothing to do with the kneeling BS.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I saw a pic of last Sunday's 49'ers stadium for a home game, empty seats quite plentiful. I understand game time tickets were $17-$20 per seat.

Kap says he is filing a discrimination lawsuit against all team owners because he has not been hired. I wonder if the team owners can file a counter suit for their losses due to Kap's knee. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, last week's Iron Bowl in Auburn was packed, at 90+,000 seats filled with fans.

And that's not unusual.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Keep digging that hole NFL Big Grin

The NFL’s sellout to their anthem-protesting players is starting to look a lot more like a buyout. According to ESPN, the league will offer nearly $100 million to causes designed to promote “social justice change.”

In a move unlike anything seen from a major American sports league, the league will offer the money in hopes that it will end the ratings-killing protest movement begun by Colin Kaepernick in the preseason of 2016.

According to ESPN:

The NFL’s multifaceted offer earmarks at least $89 million over a seven-year period for both national and local projects, according to documents reviewed by ESPN. On the national level, owners this year will allocate $5 million, with their commitment growing annually and maxing out at $12 million per year from 2021 through 2023. At the local level, owners will put up $250,000 annually and expect players to match that amount, totaling $500,000 for each team. Players and owners can exceed that amount if they choose, with no matching requirement. In addition, there would be other fundraising opportunities, including telethons and auctions of jerseys worn in games.

If the players approve their end of the deal, a vote on the appropriation of the money could come as early as March. Commissioner Roger Goodell is believed to have the support of the owners to proceed with the deal.

As far as how the money would be distributed, ESPN reports:

National funding would be allocated accordingly: 25 percent to the United Negro College Fund, 25 percent to Dream Corps and 50 percent to the Players Coalition, which has filed 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) paperwork for nonprofit status as a fiscally sponsored project. This week, the coalition hired the Hopewell Fund to oversee and advise the group, which hopes to work with grassroots and nonprofit organizations in its areas of focus.

Under the proposal, money at both the national and local level would provide grants for nonprofit organizations focused on law enforcement and community relations, criminal justice reform and education reform.

A working group of five players, five owners (or owners’ representatives) and two NFL staff members would help identify future initiatives to pursue.

There are major concerns with several of these groups that are earmarked to receive NFL dollars. The Dream Corps website reads like a Van Jones personal publicity site. The once-avowed communist and current CNN commentator appears on a couple different pages of the site, including a page which promotes Jones’s new book.

The group also supports an initiative called Green For All, which has the goal to, “build an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty.

“Our goal is to make sure people of color have a place and a voice in the climate movement. That our neighborhoods are strong, resilient, and healthy. That as the clean energy economy grows, it brings jobs and opportunities to our communities. ”

The other gigantic concern here is the 50 percent of funds earmarked for the Players Coalition. The money spent by this group will probably, at least in some significant measure, mirror the spending pattern of the NFL Players Association and how they’ve spent their money, which should serve as a source of great concern for all.

Back in October, tax documents revealed by conservative watchdog group 2ndVote showed how the NFLPA liberally (figuratively and literally) distributed funds to groups associated with George Soros.

From that report, we learned, “In 2013 and 2015, the NFLPA also contributed to the AFL-CIO’s community affiliate, Working America. This group, according to Open Secrets, contributed $1 million to defeat President Trump during the 2016 election. However, the group’s anti-Trump activities were not limited to the election. According to the Washington Times, ‘“Working America has since mobilized against the Republican tax-cut framework, denouncing it as the ‘Trump tax scam.'”

In addition we learned that, “In tax documents recently released by 2ndVote, a conservative watchdog group, we learn that the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) made a donation of $5,000 in 2015 to the Center for Community Change Action, a George Soros funded and adamantly anti-Trump organization.”

It’s important to note that these instances barely scratched the surface of all the left-wing activist groups that had received funds from the NFLPA. Why would any of that change with considerably larger amounts of money given to activist players who are essentially ransoming the national anthem?

The NFL’s surrender on the national anthem protests is turning out to be a very costly venture, both in terms of money and our country.

http://www.breitbart.com/sport...m-protest-surrender/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been getting worse and worse. My buddy has the nfl.com game pass where you can watch all the games 24 hours later. We'll sit and have a beer, bring up a game, fast fwd to the middle of the second quarter and watch a couple of plays. There are plenty of empty seats at EVERY stadium. Too bad they can't figure this outBig Grin

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Re: olfuzzy's "protest surrender" post

Wow. Just... wow. Wait'll the remaining fans find out where their monetary support for the NFL is going.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Have a co-worker with season tickets.
Only attended one game this year.

My guess is he will not be a season ticket holder next year.

The NFL has lost fans which have no intention of ever returning.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Wow. Just... wow. Wait'll the remaining fans find out where their monetary support for the NFL is going.

they think priming the pump will silence these fools? this will cause more protests when the inmates realize the control the warden just surrendered.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:

they think priming the pump will silence these fools? this will cause more protests when the inmates realize the control the warden just surrendered.

Yeah, it's like paying off a kidnapper. They will just demand MORE free money, while ratings continue to plummet.

It's almost comical, if it weren't for the good people who are losing money (concessions people, etc) because of the infantile temper tantrums the players are throwing.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's also not forget all the lost tax revenue that most of the municipalities are counting on to pay for the TIF money that was used to build the stadiums. So, all the local politicians are gonna love the NFL when their budgets get shorted millions of dollars.

Ken

Posts: 1050 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:

One more way taxpayer money is used to funnel cash to GDC organizations. Taxpayers fund their stadiums, NFL collects money, pays off the GDC's who push to take more taxpayer money (and freedoms) from us.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul