SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Would'nt ya know - it takes pizza to bring this thing to a head!

Papa John's slams NFL leadership for lackluster pizza sales as shares sink more than 10% CNBC

Papa John's caved to the social justice warriors last night.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As been mentioned previously, screw the owners who have been supportive of the kneeling crap, both verbally and kneeling with the thugs on the field during the National Anthem! Hear that Jerry the jerk, not America's team! More like mouthy jerks organization!!!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I love Papa Johns pizza.

It saddens me to see the corporation kneel to the progressives.

Told them so.

http://www.papajohns.com/contact-us/index.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Neo-Nazis? What, you mean all 26 of them? For fuck's sake.

I haven't seen a Neo-Nazi in real life, ever, but I see ignorant, America-hating Leftists every time I go into public. If you want to know who's destroying this nation, it certainly is not a microscopic clique of phantom Nazis.

Fucking simpletons

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Neo-Nazis? What, you mean all 26 of them? For fuck's sake.

I haven't seen a Neo-Nazi in real life, ever, but I see ignorant, America-hating Leftists every time I go into public. If you want to know who's destroying this nation, it certainly is not a microscopic clique of phantom Nazis.

Fucking simpletons

Thank you.

That 'huge' 'white nationalist' rally in Virginia last summer was supposed to be all the neo-nazis, kkk, white separatists groups, etc. and it drew at most 500 people (and that was probably inflated by the media) with over double that number of counter protesters.

In contrast - the last Brony convention had attendance of almost 8,000 people.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's all in how they craft their message. By saying they are withdrawing their opposition to the nfl and the idiot players in order to combat 'Nazism,' they are saying they are essentially standing up for beliefs and principles that every good American should support.

The fact that this nfl protest has NOTHING to do with Nazis is entirely beside the point for them.

They are trying to appease both groups. They likely succeeded with the leftists, as they have bowed to their demands. This 'nazi' stuff is aimed directly at conservatives; trying to convince us that they are 'fighting the good fight.' In other words, "Nazis = bad. Papa Johns is against Nazis. If you are against PJs, you are for the Nazis." Or something like that.

Simpletons, indeed.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How many MS-13 gang members did Barack Obama invite into this country? Roll Eyes

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Brony's are good peeps Bama. I dont know any so I cant form an opinion but anyone who would dress as a pony in public clearly has nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any reports concerning NFL crowds/viewers over the Veteran Day weekend? I saw a lot of written info asking for a boycott of all NFL games over the holiday, but can't seem to find any results whether or not it was successful.

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many MS-13 gang members did Barack Obama invite into this country? Roll Eyes

Ooo, ooo, I'll play...

What is, "all of them"?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
And, s we all know, the link between NFL fans and patriotism is brand new. In fact, prior to 2016, “we” never sang the national anthem at the start of major sporting events.

Just to prove this fact, check out the 1973 NFC championship game:

Fans invited to stand for the anthem. Check (I can’t recall not ever standing for the anthem; and only in the past 10 years or so, have seen miscreants not standing)

Players on both sides lined up, helmets under arms, some singing along - check

Words to the anthem streaming on the big screen - check.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

CLEVELAND BROWNS TICKETS ARE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF A CHEESEBURGER:

Tickets to the Cleveland Browns football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars went for as little as $4 on Sunday.

Multiple tickets were selling on secondary market sites for well under $10 to sit in the upper deck, and lower level tickets would only run you $14.

For comparison, Culver’s makes the best cheeseburger on the planet, and you can get a double butter burger basket for less than $9. It’s not a great look for the NFL when a cheeseburger basket is more valuable than multiple tickets.

The worst franchise in the NFL just keeps getting funnier and funnier with every passing week. Hopefully this train of misery never ends.

http://smokeroom.com/2017/11/1...e-of-a-cheeseburger/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Well, a record of 4-38 over the last 3 years doesn't promote high ticket prices.

Hey! but at least we'll have a chance of an early 1st round draft pick to get a star QB Roll Eyes

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5754 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2017/11/19/...can-national-anthem/

Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during most of U.S. anthem and stood for the Mexican anthem before their game against the Patriots at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.

This all reflects back on the NFL. It has moved past contempt and disgust, to now there is raw hatred for the entire league for tolerating this shit.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
^^^^ Well, a record of 4-38 over the last 3 years doesn't promote high ticket prices.

Hey! but at least we'll have a chance of an early 1st round draft pick to get a star QB Roll Eyes

That only matters if you care about the NFL and your local team.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Report This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during most of U.S. anthem and stood for the Mexican anthem before their game against the Patriots at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.

This all reflects back on the NFL. It has moved past contempt and disgust, to now there is raw hatred for the entire league for tolerating this shit.

He is a bum and has the IQ of a football.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Marshawn Lynch, what a despicable thug.
Amazed that I did not realize years ago how depraved the NFL and 90% of the players are.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Mr. Lynch should stay in Mexico. He could escape the abuse he suffers by cashing his big NFL "plantation" paycheck. If he doesn't care for the way the cops treat him in this country, I'm sure he will really like his treatment at the hands of the Mexican police.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo