SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I don't understand.

Kaepernick escaped the oppression of pick'n footballs. The White man no longer has him in the clutches of the NFL slavery. Why would he want to go back now that he has his freedom?

JESSE JACKSON: NFL LIKE BLACK SLAVES 'PICKING COTTON BALLS' Says athletes now 'picking up footballs without freedom.

Sidenote. Kaepernick's former team, SF 49er's, are no longer 0-8, they are now 0-9. A fan at Levi Stadium noted the seats were 2/3 empty at kickoff.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I don't understand.

Kaepernick escaped the oppression of pick'n footballs. The White man no longer has him in the clutches of the NFL slavery. Why would he want to go back now that he has his freedom?

JESSE JACKSON: NFL LIKE BLACK SLAVES 'PICKING COTTON BALLS' Says athletes now 'picking up footballs without freedom.

Sidenote. Kaepernick's former team, SF 49er's, are no longer 0-8, they are now 0-9. A fan at Levi Stadium noted the seats were 2/3 empty at kickoff.

So if I read these two quoted posts correctly, 2/3 of the stadium refused to support slavery by attending the game. Kool.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin Big Grin Next they will be filling the seats with Mannequins.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
A fan at Levi Stadium noted the seats were 2/3 empty at kickoff.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Can you here me now?

Razz

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21851 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
It was nice of them to hang a banner for all of the companies that need to be boycotted right on the stadium....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
It was nice of them to hang a banner for all of the companies that need to be boycotted right on the stadium....

Bud light- I thought Budweiser had pulled sponsorship...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15607 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
A fan at Levi Stadium noted the seats were 2/3 empty at kickoff.

That is WAY more people than I would like to see at ANY NFL game, but I have to admit it is a good start!!!

Posts: 6627 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:

Bud light- I thought Budweiser had pulled sponsorship...

They had a fake phone in complaint/poll, which they never announced the results of and ignored. They are still sponsors and Bud Light is the official beer until 2022. Budweiser does have an opt out clause if a league event hurts sales, etc.

Posts: 3940 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...s-players/840084001/

The NFL said it has no plans to request any sort of third-party arbitrator for future meetings with players regarding social justice issues.

The next meeting among league officials, including commissioner Roger Goodell, several owners and members of the “players’ coalition,” has not yet been scheduled .

former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick plans to attend the next meeting, and players have requested that the NFL set a date.

Kaepernick last month filed a collusion claim against the league. Multiple owners, including the Cowboys’ Jerry Jones, the Texans’ Bob McNair and New England’s Robert Kraft, are expected to be deposed as part of the investigation into Kaepernick’s claim.

Lockhart, citing a confidentiality clause in the collective bargaining agreement, declined to comment on the claim and questions about whether Goodell would be deposed.

A provision in the Republican tax bill involves the elimination of tax-exempt financing of pro sports facilities, which could affect the way NFL stadiums are funded.

When asked if the provision’s passing would affect the stadium deal in Las Vegas for the impending Raiders move, Lockhart declined to answer the hypothetical, and said the league would rather wait until the bill is officially signed into law.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
getting uglier and uglier

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/1...ell-david-boies.html

Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys and one of the N.F.L.’s most powerful figures, has escalated his feud with Commissioner Roger Goodell, threatening to sue the league and some fellow team owners over negotiations to extend Goodell’s contract, according to three people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The dispute between Jones and Goodell stems from Jones’s anger over the commissioner’s suspending of Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys’ star running back, who was accused of domestic violence by his former girlfriend. Goodell gave Elliott a six-game suspension, though no charges were filed in the case.

Jones told the six owners on the league’s compensation committee last week that he had hired David Boies, the high-profile lawyer under fire in the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment case, according to the people, who declined to be speak publicly about internal league matters.

Jones said in a conference call last Thursday with the six owners — those of the Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Texans — that legal papers were drawn up and would be served this Friday if the committee did not scrap its current plans to extend Goodell’s contract.

Jones has been a nonvoting member of a committee of owners that is considering Goodell’s contract, which expires at the end of the 2018 season. Jones has fought to have a say.

After Jones spoke to the committee by conference call last week, the six owners revoked Jones’s status as an ad hoc member of the compensation committee, which decides on compensation packages for the top league officials.

hard to believe the kneeling situation isn't rolled into this too

posted Hide Post
^^ very similar to Brady's situation a while back.. Kraft threatened to sue the league and Jones was supportive of Goodell. Now that the table has turned, wonder if this is Kraft's payback at Jones.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:

Big Grin Big Grin Next they will be filling the seats with Mannequins.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Have not watched a game this year and don't miss it.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

The Houston Texans signed quarterback Josh Johnson Wednesday, and Twitter blew up because another gunslinger got signed before Colin Kaepernick.

The reactions were exactly what we’ve come to expect out of the internet whenever a quarterback not named Colin Kaepernick gets signed.

http://smokeroom.com/2017/11/0...d-before-kaepernick/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that so many people all over are saying the same thing, which is "I will never again watch the NFL."

It doesn't bode well for the NFL, that so many people, unrelated except for being Americans, are saying the very same thing using the very same words. If the people in the NFL realized this (and it's obvious that they don't), they would have to be fools beyond all fools to not practice self-preservation by cutting the stupid shit and just playing ball.

My wife is apolitical and loves football. This past weekend, she told me- you guessed it- that she'll never again watch another pro football game.

These are significant clues, but the NFL is oblivious, and I'm kinda glad of that.

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
My wife has a potluck with a bevy of retired nurses three or four times a year, a week ago was the most recent.

Retired nurses, firebrands I tell ya. Half the evening was about NFL football, she said, and all are outraged over the disrespect and half of them and their respective spouses have stopped watching.
Same reasons we all know, but retired nurses, if they've lost the retired nurses they've lost it all.

Posts: 6402 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
Have not watched a game this year and don't miss it.

What's the NFL? Big Grin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ha, yeah, that never gets old.

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, wait. It does. Sorry.