SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Interesting poll.

http://www.washingtonexaminer....n-31/article/2636837

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ Awesome!!!

NFL/44 percent favorable to 40 percent unfavorable.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with a friend in TX tonight. He was pissed at the last few weeks. When I told him myself and a friend in Quantico cancelled our Sunday ticket last week he gladly did the same.

It affects people, and they remember.

Keep it up.

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Not the NFL. But I like what happened. People are sick of this shit.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/...?mb_edition=20171008

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I hear they do alot of kneeling in North Korea before bad things happen

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
NFL is sucking so bad they are hyping the new Star Wars trailer debuting during halftime of Monday Night Football.

Suck it, bitches.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Vice-President Pence left the Colts-49er game today right after watching over a couple of dozen 49ers get on their knees during the Anthem. He was there to watch the ceremony honoring Peyton Manning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...al-anthem/744267001/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...eportedly-kneel.html

Vice President Mike Pence spoke out on Sunday about why he left a Indianapolis Colts-San Francisco 49ers game

Several 49ers players reportedly knelt for the anthem on Sunday.

“I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem,” Pence tweeted.

The vice president sent several follow-up tweets, including one that said "While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I don't think it's too much to ask NFL players to respect the Flag and our National Anthem."

Mike Pence is a former governor of Indiana

For the second week in a row, the 49ers had more than 20 players kneeling during the national anthem with a hand over their hearts. Their teammates again stood behind them with one hand on a kneeling teammate’s shoulder and the other over their hearts.

edit: oddball and I are in sync

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Bravo, VP Pence.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Now Kaepernick says he'll stand for the National Anthem if someone will sign him. What an idiot!

http://www.al.com/sports/index...l#incart_river_index

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has told CBS that he would stand during the national anthem if given a chance to play football in the NFL again.

According to a report by Jason La Canfora on Sunday, Kaepernick has been living in New York and working out privately in New Jersey with the hope of signing with a team this season.

Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem last season to bring more attention to the killings of black men by police officers. The protests spread this season after the former San Francisco 49er was unable to sign on with another team.

The issue has grown this season as Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett recently said he was racially profiled by Las Vegas police during a confrontation, and President Donald Trump aggressively chastised players and owners for protesting during the anthem.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Real man of genius, and principles. That should let the air out of the "protestors"

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett recently said he was racially profiled by Las Vegas police

back in this thread I posted video of Bennett being handcuffed.

"racially profiled" after he jumped over a fence and dropped 7 feet onto a busy roadway.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Now Kaepernick says he'll stand for the National Anthem if someone will sign him. What an idiot!

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has told CBS that he would stand during the national anthem if given a chance to play football in the NFL again.

According to a report by Jason La Canfora on Sunday, Kaepernick has been living in New York and working out privately in New Jersey with the hope of signing with a team this season.

Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem last season to bring more attention to the killings of black men by police officers. The protests spread this season after the former San Francisco 49er was unable to sign on with another team.

The issue has grown this season as Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett recently said he was racially profiled by Las Vegas police during a confrontation, and President Donald Trump aggressively chastised players and owners for protesting during the anthem.

Oh I get it.... totally screw up the the league then offer to fix it if they let him come back. Every time this idiot opens his mouth he proves why he shouldn't be signed.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Foremost, he's not an elite QB and that's the reason he's not playing. Tebow doesn't come with that controversy and he's not playing either.

And he's full of shit when he says he'll stand for the anthem. Nothing to keep him from changing his mind, or doing the fist thing.

He's feeling the pain of his poor decisions and he doesn't like the consequences.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Foremost, he's not an elite QB and that's the reason he's not playing. Tebow doesn't come with that controversy and he's not playing either.

And he's full of shit when he says he'll stand for the anthem. Nothing to keep him from changing his mind, or doing the fist thing.

He's feeling the pain of his poor decisions and he doesn't like the consequences.

He's missing the spotlight. I wish he'd slink off to obscure oblivion, but the left probably isn't done with this tool fool.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by oddball:
Vice-President Pence left the Colts-49er game today right after watching over a couple of dozen 49ers get on their knees during the Anthem. He was there to watch the ceremony honoring Peyton Manning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...al-anthem/744267001/[/QU

Thank you Mr Vice President.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Whoops. Another case of reporter malfeasance...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...er&utm_medium=social

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

[i]Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has told CBS that he would stand during the national anthem if given a chance to play football in the NFL again.

What do we call people who sell their bodies, their principles and their dignity for money?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Kap had his one and only shot already - he had a SuperBowl to win but couldn't manage the clock when it mattered.

Hero to Zero - the line between the two can be VERY thin.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Reporter interviews Kaepernick, but did not discuss standing for National Anthem. Roll Eyes

Only relaying what I heard reported.
They discussed golfing and grandkids.

Only one question worthy for Kaepernick, "You watching the game Sunday?"

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post