SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I'm not a fan of Jerry Jones, but he has this one right...
Too bad he fucked it away last week.
All I can think of is that goofy-ass photo of Jones and his goofy-ass team kneeling arm-in-arm, and Jones having that goofy-ass look on his face.

And now, all of a sudden, oh, he's seen the light. Roll Eyes

No sale

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
He has seen the light alright....light pocket book. Big Grin

Veterans Week will be interesting:

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Tens of thousands upset over NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem are planning a boycott of the NFL.

A Facebook group now has more than 70,000 members calling for a boycott of all NFL games on Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 12-13.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
quote:
All I can think of is that goofy-ass photo of Jones and his goofy-ass team kneeling arm-in-arm, and Jones having that goofy-ass look on his face.

No sale

Yup, a despicable POS he is, as far as I'm concerned.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone please bring me up to speed. Did the Cowboys lock arms during the anthem this week? Just curious as to how they believe this is any less disrespectful.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Someone please bring me up to speed. Did the Cowboys lock arms during the anthem this week?
They can bugger each other in a daisy chain for all I care.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
He has seen the light alright....light pocket book. Big Grin

Veterans Week will be interesting:

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Tens of thousands upset over NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem are planning a boycott of the NFL.

A Facebook group now has more than 70,000 members calling for a boycott of all NFL games on Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 12-13.

I can do better, I've already boycotted all of the NFL.

I'm somewhat certain our pathetic working class lives can move on without watching a bunch of oppressed millionaires playing a kids game. Roll Eyes

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
So now the new thing is kneeling with your hand over your heart?? These guys aren’t sure what the hell they want to do. Ignorance on display to say the least.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
So now the new thing is kneeling with your hand over your heart?? These guys aren’t sure what the hell they want to do. Ignorance on display to say the least.

They want to show their disrespect without showing any disrespect, so the fans who agree will appreciate their noble stand and the fans who disagree will not be mad.

It’s all about public relations management these days.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Jerry Jones realized he shit in his own mouth and is now crawfishing better than a NOLA boat captain. I haven't watched the useless NFL in WELL over 10+ years and that tradition is still standing in my house. Got better things to do even if it means catching a nap...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
None of these people strike me as very bright. They don't even know what they're supposed to be protesting, apparently gave no thought to the possible range of reactions to their fucking bullshit, nor seem to have any idea that NOW- RIGHT NOW- is the time to be honest with the American public by admitting their errors.

Clueless, and they deserve what they're getting about this.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Someone please bring me up to speed. Did the Cowboys lock arms during the anthem this week?
They can bugger each other in a daisy chain for all I care.

I’m with you. Edited my post above for clarity. Haven’t watched since the Cardinals game when they started this silly-ass compromise. Each week that they continue to link arms just furthers my resolve to never watch the sport again.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
All Jerry Jones is doing now is damage control,seeing polling results and/or a more accurate barometer, weakening cash flow. It's not just Jerryworld, but the whole blue star empire in DFW that potentially suffers. He tried to placate both sides, but NOW it's time to talk tough about his direct employees and disrespect, and how the league needs to enforce the existing rules....

And I'm still not watching the NFL. This mostly predates the current mess, but any mitigating chance the NFL had of getting potential viewers like myself back, continue to diminish.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
]All I can think of is that goofy-ass photo of Jones and his goofy-ass team kneeling arm-in-arm, and Jones having that goofy-ass look on his face.

No sale

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Anything short of a full verbal apology would never get me to consider watching the NFL.

From all of them, top to bottom.

Even then, there is no guarantee I’d watch again.

Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
F*** the Tampa Bay Lightning as well. Shame on Jeff Vinik, the owner, for letting this "SOB", J.T. Brown, disrespect our Nation's Sacrifices. Hopefully a patriot will throw down the gloves and stomp a mud-hole in his a** on the ice.

Posts: 545 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No sale

The only light this asshole saw was his bank account... It's lighter.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yup...I saw that (read about it), stormwalker. Jon Cooper doesn't have a hair on his nut sack. If he did, that sunuvabitch wouldn't have seen ONE MINUTE of ice time. And that would continue as long as that ass-wipe raised his fist. What that phukktard can do with that fist is go pump himself. Screw him and his ilk......every last one of them!! Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:...

No sale

Maybe he saw the dollar bill, which is what changed his mind. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said emphatically his players will stand for the national anthem and not disrespect the flag, and if they do, then the player or players will not play.

"If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play," Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-31 loss to the Green Bay Packers. "Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play. Period."

........center of article deleted.....

According to the manual, "During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking."

"If it comes between the impression or the perception that we're not standing together, supporting each other, or the perception that we're disrespecting the flag, the perception that we're not together will be secondary to not respecting the flag," Jones said. "Respecting the flag is first." http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/...isrespects-flag-play

The words highlighted in red tell the story. If Jerry Jones has any MAGA at all in him.... after his wallet it comes last.
Glorifying Thug Life will continue unabated.

I'm getting up there in years, it is sad to know history repeats over and over. A nation realizes greatness through hard work and struggle, those who follow squander the gain.