SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I do hold out hope for America and the world. Computing power and AI as a powerful tool for sifting tons of data. Enabling more people to query for insightful nuggets... a thousand monkeys typing.

Call me stunned, upon hearing we will to enact laws criminalizing "Climate Science deniers". Science does not work that way, sorry.

The open exchange/back and forth of ideas is now suppressed, or off limits for discussion, why? One area that has potential to keep help immensely is Q or IQ research. It takes a certain level of intellect to function in a high level lawful society. (85 is a commonly stated) Life will improve for the whole planet if a break though allows for even a 10 point rise in IQ.

Decent intro/overview/discussion (1.5 hrs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY4sShDt9to

Peterson is a truth teller, liberal yes, still a truth teller. (10 minutes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGVZt8IKQ74

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The loudmouthed racist cunt at ESPN is at it again. Just STFU, lady. Read the Goddamned ball scores and keep your stupid moith shut about things you do not understand, and from what I can see from you, that covers a lot of ground.

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...nfl-advertisers.html

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest this is a NFL league problem. My team is okay but not your team is not where the answer lies.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The loudmouthed racist cunt at ESPN is at it again. Just STFU, lady. Read the Goddamned ball scores and keep your stupid moith shut about things you do not understand, and from what I can see from you, that covers a lot of ground.

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...nfl-advertisers.html

I bet Jerry Jones doesn’t like being criticized or threatened by impudent news readers. I imagine he might be sensitive to this, and has people thinking of some way to take this stone out of his shoe.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout to avoid glare and made him take it off.
In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.
In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.
In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.
In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)
In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.
In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression all of a sudden...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from the Fox news story about Jemele Hill:

Jemele Hill calls for a boycott of Cowboys advertisers.

ESPN airs Monday Night Football.

“The NFL is the biggest crutch keeping ESPN alive.

If the NFL cuts ties, which would be reasonable if the network’s employees start calling for a boycott, ESPN would be in massive trouble,” Daily Caller’s David Hookstead wrote. “Not sure how happy ESPN management will be with an employee telling NFL fans to boycott NFL related sponsors, given the fact that ESPN needs the NFL to stay alive.”

“ESPN's entire future as business is tied to NFL. Without NFL company dies. And they have employees calling for advertiser boycotts. Amazing,” Travis wrote.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
“Not sure how happy ESPN management will be with an employee telling NFL fans to boycott NFL related sponsors, given the fact that ESPN needs the NFL to stay alive.”

“ESPN's entire future as business is tied to NFL. Without NFL company dies. And they have employees calling for advertiser boycotts. Amazing,” Travis wrote.

now that's funny. Beyond words.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I bet Jerry Jones doesn’t like being criticized or threatened by impudent news readers. I imagine he might be sensitive to this, and has people thinking of some way to take this stone out of his shoe.

It is way more than this. The idiot is biting the hand that feeds her employers. Calling for a boycott of sponsors is also a boycott of many companies that advertise on ESPN.

Any high school marketing student would know that this is colossally stupid. It wouldn't surprise me if ESPN stays mum on this. What a spineless, moronic organization, they deserve everything they get.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Seems to me the San Francisco 49'ers was where this mess started. I don't follow pro football much, but they 49'ers are 0-5 this season, they (almost) can't give away seats for home games. I wonder if there is a connection. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I think Jason Whitlock hit it straight on the head in his analysis of Jemele Hill. This is her exit strategy.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/pol...n-whitlock-says.html

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Good. I hope the 49'ers get trounced. I hope that they got sold and move. I hope the stadium sits idle.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tell me of anything that's good for the NFL coming out of this. They've fucked themselves by not shutting down that Kapernick asshole the instant that he started his childish nonsense. They had another opportunity to keep these 80 IQ millionaires in line at the beginning of the season, by slapping hefty fines on palyers or benching them for the season. They could have gotten a handle on this, but they wanted to give these poor oppressed players space to riot err protest, and this is the result. Brilliant.

I'm telling you- none of these people strike me as bright at all.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Agreed. The NFL owns this mess.
They could have stopped it immediately.

But the league was too afraid of being called racist. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
NFL didn't just shoot themselves in the foot on this mess.. oh know they done shot themselves in the nards. It is painful and untreated, getting more painful by the day.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
The kneelers get their say. I wish a player would wear a MAGA hat on the side lines or put a thin blue line sticker on their helmet just to see how quickly the NFL would try and put a stop to it.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm telling you- none of these people strike me as bright at all.

Just googled Roger Goodell's salary: in the $30 million + range. The NFL owners are certainly not very bright for continuing to shove this kind of money at Goodell...in the beginnings of the big TV contracts, maybe it was smart then, but now not so much. Goodell OTOH is a freaking genius if he keeps his job at these pay levels....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Goodell's compensation peaked during the 2013-14 fiscal year when he made $44 million

That dropped to $34 million in 2014-15.

Based on tax filings for the NFL, Roger Goodell was compensated more than $150 million in salary and bonuses in his first eight years as NFL commissioner

http://www.businessinsider.com...reer-earnings-2017-2

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
The NFL-ESPN link helps me understand why Mike&Mike (when I listened) was all football all the time, even in the off-season. I was always like, "Good grief guys, can we get some baseball talk?"

Nope. Football football football. (Which is why I stopped listening)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
ESPN suspended her. Only for two weeks....
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10...-hill-for-two-weeks/

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^ hopefully 2 weeks will turn into forever.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post